Re: Problems installing "Board at desk"

Hi Daniel,

On 26/04/17 10:04, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi Yoshi,

On 26.04.2017 11:00, Yoshitake Kobayashi wrote:
Hi Daniel and Wolfgang,

Daniel>
As Wolfgang mentioned, please use Gitlab repositories.

I kept cip-project on Github to create a mirror from Gitlab, because of
network bandwidth reason.
Currently, only linux-cip repository is automatically synchronized with
CIP official repository on Gitlab.
If others are OK, I will work to create exactly same repository set from
Gitlab.
that's of course also fine for me.
Check this wiki page: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting

There is a link to this repo in gitlab.com: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/board-at-desk-single-dev/tree/master

Download page: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload

Feature page: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevfeaturepage

Hopefully tomorrow I will send the report of the previous couple of weeks, including the link to the first VM for testing.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Best regards,
Yoshi

2017年4月26日(水) 17:36 Wolfgang Mauerer <wolfgang.mauerer@...
<mailto:wolfgang.mauerer@...>>:

Hi Daniel,

On 26.04.2017 10:27, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying the "board-at-desk-single-dev" project (sorry to do it
so late).
> I managed to build the CIP kernel and see the job results using
KernelCI.
> However, I am having problems with LAVA health checks (see at the
end).

> First, I would like to report on a few problems I had to solve to
get the kernel built:

> 1) Although now I know that the current development occurs at
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/board-at-desk-single-dev.git
> googling "CIP kernelci" gives also the following outdated (?)
sites which can
> be confusing:
> https://github.com/cip-project/cip-kernelci.git
the github ressource is here for historic reasons. Unless anyone
disagrees, I'm going to remove it.

Thanks, Wolfgang

> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/kernelci-debian.git
>
> Q: are they necessary? or is it some misunderstanding from my side?
>
> 2) Problems behind a proxy
>
> a) I did the following to setup proxy settings for vagrant on
Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial:

> $ sudo apt-get remove vagrant <-- gives errors when installing
vagrant-proxyconf
> $ dpkg -i vagrant_1.9.4_x86_64.deb
> $ vagrant plugin install vagrant-proxyconf
> $ vi Vagrantfile
> + if Vagrant.has_plugin?("vagrant-proxyconf")
> + config.proxy.http = "http://xxx:yyyy/"
> + config.proxy.https = "https://xxx:yyy/"
> + config.proxy.no_proxy = "127.0.0.1,localhost,xxxx."
> + end
>
> Q: maybe it would be good to add this to the tutorial
>
> b) I got an error during vagrant up
>
> ==> default: fatal: [kernel-ci-backend]: FAILED! => {"changed":
false, "cmd": "/usr/bin/apt-key adv --keyserver
hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com <http://keyserver.ubuntu.com> --recv
EA312927", "failed": true,
> - Solved it by adding port 80 for apt-key
> $ vagrant ssh
> guest$ vi
kernelci-backend/roles/install-deps/tasks/install-mongodb.yml
<http://keyserver.ubuntu.com>
<http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80>
> [Alt] sudo apt-key adv --keyserver
hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 <http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80>
--recv EA312927

> Q: if that works without proxies, maybe it should be set to 80 by
default?

> c) I got a lot of warnings like these ones
>
> - Warning 1 (ignore)
> GetPassWarning: Can not control echo on the terminal.” or
“Warning: Password input may be echoed.” - These do not affect the
operation of the KernelCI VM.
> - Warning 2 (ignore)
> ==> default:
lava_scheduler_app.Notification.job_status_trigger: (fields.W901)
CommaSeparatedIntegerField has been deprecated. Support for it
(except in historical migrations) will be removed in Django 2.0.
> ==> default: HINT: Use
CharField(validators=[validate_comma_separated_integer_list])
instead.

> Q: The tutorial mentions Warning 1, but not Warning 2. Maybe
adding that would be a good idea.

> 3) Modifying the 8080 port (very commonly used port, e.g. Fuego
;_+)

> I solved this by
> $ vi Vagrantfile
> + config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 8081, host:
8081
> $ sudo vi /etc/apache2/ports.conf
> -> change to 8081
> $ sudo vi /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lava-server.conf
> -> change to 8081
> $ sudo service apache2 restart
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/lava-server restart
>
> Q: maybe this could be automated (?)
>
> Second, regarding to LAVA health checks I think this is again a
problem with being behind a
> proxy but I'm not sure how to debug it. These are the error
messages that I get
> with QEMU's health check (/vagrant/tests/qemu-health-check.yaml)
>
> - log:
> Root tmp directory created at
/var/lib/lava/dispatcher/tmp/7
> start: 0 validate
> Validating that
https://images.validation.linaro.org/kvm/standard/stretch-2.img.gz
exists
> no device environment specified
> Invalid job definition
> Invalid job data:
["HTTPSConnectionPool(host='images.validation.linaro.org
<http://images.validation.linaro.org>', port=443): Max retries
exceeded with url: /kvm/standard/stretch-2.img.gz (Caused by

NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x7f430c9b9c50>: Failed to establish a new connection:
[Errno -5] No address associated with hostname',))"]
> validate duration: 0.02
> Cleanup: removing /var/lib/lava/dispatcher/tmp/7
> - traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lava/dispatcher/commands.py", line
88, in run_pipeline_job
> job.validate(simulate=validate_only)
> File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lava_dispatcher/pipeline/job.py",
line 173, in validate
> self.pipeline.validate_actions()
> File

"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lava_dispatcher/pipeline/action.py",
line 205, in validate_actions
> raise JobError("Invalid job data: %s\n" % self.errors)
> JobError: Invalid job data:
["HTTPSConnectionPool(host='images.validation.linaro.org
<http://images.validation.linaro.org>', port=443): Max retries
exceeded with url: /kvm/standard/stretch-2.img.gz (Caused by

NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection

object at 0x7f430c9b9c50>: Failed to establish a new connection:
[Errno -5] No address associated with hostname',))"]

> If someone has a clue about this please let me know.
> # http_proxy-like variables are all defined in the VM
(/etc/environment), and I can use wget and download

agustin.benito@...