Re: Request for guidance: removal of old config files [was: Kernel configurations for 4.19?]

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu

Hi Ben,

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@...
[mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ben
Hutchings
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 1:35 AM
To: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@...>
Cc: takehisa.katayama.bx@...; sz.lin@...;
cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Request for guidance: removal of old config files
[was: Kernel configurations for 4.19?]

On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 18:51 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
[...]
4.19/arm/hitachi_omap_defconfig
4.19/arm/moxa_mxc_defconfig
4.19/arm/siemens_am335x-axm2_defconfig
4.19/arm/siemens_am335x-draco_defconfig
4.19/arm/siemens_am335x-dxr2_defconfig
4.19/arm/siemens_am335x-etamin_defconfig
4.19/arm/siemens_am57xx-pxm3_defconfig
Those can go, I'm not aware of their usage on 4.19. But do we have one
for the am335-x-based BBB, our reference board?
Good point. I have not yet tried running 4.19 on the BBB, but I can look
at adding one - or perhaps Nobuhiro or Pavel already has a suitable config?
I have a BBB, but I do not try running 4.19 on BBB.
I will try this.

4.19/arm/toshiba_tegra_defconfig
4.19/arm/toshiba_zynq_defconfig
4.19/powerpc/toshiba_defconfig
4.19/x86/plathome_obsvx1.config
4.19/x86/siemens_i386-rt.config
I do not recall the history of that one anymore. We should have at
least one -rt config for x86 somewhere.
Yes, and also the build rules should check out -rt branches instead of
the main CIP branches when processing an -rt configuration.

4.19/x86/siemens_iot2000.config
4.19/x86/siemens_server_defconfig
Those two should stay.
But they need to be reviewed, as automatic config updates usually don't
cope with renaming of config symbols.