Re: RT Testing

Chris Paterson

Hello,

From: kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp <kazuhiro3.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp>
Sent: 16 January 2020 06:55

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your updates!

Hello Pavel, Hayashi-san, Jan, Daniel,
[...]

Currently there is an issue with the way that the cyclic test case results are
shown (i.e. they aren't) in LAVA due to
a change [0] made to Linaro's cyclictest.sh.
That means that the test parsing now depends on Python, which isn't included
in the cip-core RFS [1] that is currently
being used.

Do either of the CIP Core profiles include Python support?
At the moment, we've just started creating the supported package list, so I
cannot clearly say Yes.
However, at least, the both profiles can create an image including python only
for testing
because the python packages are already provided in upstream projects (isar,
meta-debian).
Okay. I'm thinking that we aren't going to be able to escape having a separate 'testing' version of CIP-Core, based on ISAR on the assumption that it has more supported packages then Deby.

Or not use CIP-Core for testing the Kernel as punit suggested ??

Whether CIP Core provides Python packages or not depends on
what kind of packages will be proposed (requested) by CIP WGs in future.
Currently, several packages which depend on Python packages would be
included in the next proposal from security WG (under review now).

BTW, it would be better to confirm which Python version (2.7 or 3) that
cyclictest.sh depends on.
Do you know anything about this?
Either version (thanks Daniel).

Presumably we'd want to target Python 3 though if that's what the world is moving to?

Kind regards, Chris

Kazu

Linaro test-definitions [2] have the following tests marked within the preempt-
rt scope:
cyclicdeadline/cyclicdeadline.yaml
pmqtest/pmqtest.yaml
rt-migrate-test/rt-migrate-test.yaml
cyclictest/cyclictest.yaml
svsematest/svsematest.yaml
pi-stress/pi-stress.yaml
signaltest/signaltest.yaml
ptsematest/ptsematest.yaml
sigwaittest/sigwaittest.yaml
hackbench/hackbench.yaml
ltp-realtime/ltp-realtime.yaml

Which of the above would be valuable to run on CIP RT Kernels?

A while back Daniel Wagner also did some work on a Jitterdebugger test [3],
but it hasn't been merged yet and I'm not
sure what the current status is. Any updates Daniel?

Is anyone able to provide RT config/defconfigs for the x86 and arm boards in
the Mentor lab? Or BBB, QEMU etc.? (assuming
that the hardware is suitable).

[0]
https://github.com/Linaro/test-
definitions/commit/4b5c46f275632932b3045f2ee16ad9cae5bb482d#diff-
c724b852b75aefda2cc3
505c4517828dR50
[1] https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/cip-
core/iwg20m/core-image-minimal-iwg20m.tar.gz
[2] https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/blob/master/automated/linux
[3] https://github.com/igaw/test-definitions/blob/preempt-
rt/automated/linux/jitterdebugger/jitterdebugger.yaml