Re: Linux-cip: Kselftest plans

From: Jan Kiszka [mailto:jan.kiszka@siemens.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:27 AM
To: vijai kumar <vijaikumar.kanagarajan@gmail.com>;
cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; Chris Paterson
<Chris.Paterson2@renesas.com>; iwamatsu nobuhiro(岩松 信洋 ○SWC□
OST) <nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@toshiba.co.jp>; Pavel Machek
<pavel@denx.de>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Linux-cip: Kselftest plans

On 06.03.20 09:21, vijai kumar wrote:
Hi All,

Is kselftest maintained in the cip-kernel tree? I do see some
branch[1] maintained by Nobuhiro-san for kselftest, but it's out of
5.6 linux tree.

The reason being to gather collective thoughts about the plan for
kselftest based tests for cip kernel. Are there any existing or future
plans for using kselftest for testing cip kernels? If so are we going
to use the latest tree from upstream or plan to fix/backport test
cases to current cip kernel versions?
I am now implementing LAVA's kselftest. This kselftest uses kseflftest included in the latest kernel.
There are no plans to backport tests to 4.4 or 4.19. I believe that ksefltest included in the CIP kernel
is inadequate in function and difficult to use as it is.
I suggest using a new kernel test that incorporates the latest tests.