Kernel maintenance and CIP testing report weeks 31, 32 and 33
Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
these are the main tasks done in the areas where Codethink is focusing the effort the past three weeks (Weeks 31 to 33)
* The review of the LTS patches to update a CIP kernel is ongoing. We are expecting an update soon
* Some support through the mailing list to pending questions has been provided. Question about BSP patches backport pending.
* The following needs has been identified as coming tasks: Implement kconfig support checker and Implement mapping from kconfig symbols to source files.
* Ben Hutchings will participate at the Maintainer Summit on Oct 26th http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-kernel-summit/program/about
* Talk about Kernel maintenance using CIP kernel as example has been approved by the ELCE content committee.
++CIP testing project
* Focused on LAVA update in order to fix several issues. https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/114
** QEMU health check works. https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/121 Focus now is making the health check works on BBB with updated LAVA.
** Discussions with upstream on some of the issues found.
** Summary about the work done sent to cip-dev mailing list.
* Progress on having B@D working behind a web-proxy https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/99
* Daily health checks sent to the cip-testing-results mailing list
* Build artifacts referenced in the Beaglebone black health check are no longer accessible. Issue closed
* Issue in kernelci with csrf token is under investigation https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/128
As usual, for a fine grain tracking of this project you can check the CIP testing project progress board: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards
* Data flow diagram for B@D (level 0) sent to cip-dev ML
* B@D planning and progress added to the wiki: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement
* ELCE workshop
** ELCE 2017 workshop page created: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwselce2017
** B@D 101 training session proposal sent. To be confirmed by TSC/Board https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/126
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink