Re: CIP Core target EOL dates

punit1.agrawal@...

Hi Kudo-san,

"masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp" <masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp> writes:

Hi, Punit-san,

I also calculated, and my conclusion is the following.

Debian
- Jessie 2015-04-26
- Stretch 2017-06-17
- Buster 2019-07-06
CIP SLTS Kernel
- SLTS4.4 2017-01-17
- SLTS4.19 2019-01-11
* https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1R2r7_hVijKN1VTuVc92IE4U94p9AUU90bMFUoGRroUI/edit?pli=1#slide=id.p7

Combination Earlier date btw two
---------------------------------------
4.4 x Jessie 2015-04-26 -> EOL: 2025-04-26
4.4 x Stretch 2017-01-17 -> EOL: 2027-01-17
4.19 x Stretch 2017-06-17 -> EOL: 2027-06-17
4.19 x Buster 2019-01-11 -> EOL: 2029-01-11
+----------+--------------+--------------+--------------+
| | Debian 8 | Debian 9 | Debian 10 |
| SLTS | Jessie | Stretch | Buster |
| Kernel | | | |
+----------+--------------+--------------+--------------+
| v4.4 | 2025-04-26 | 2027-01-17 | |
+----------+--------------+--------------+--------------+
| v4.19 | | 2027-06-17 | 2029-01-11 |
+----------+--------------+--------------+--------------+

By doing this, I felt dizzy... :) So I would appreciate it if you can
double-check.
I definitely went through it a couple of times and still made an obvious
mistake. Thanks for re-calculating and checking. The two sets match so I
am happy to accept them.

Let's wait to see if there is any more feedback on duration of support
or the methodology. We can then move to the next steps.

Thanks,
Punit

M. Kudo