From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org> On Behalf Of Quirin Gylstorff
Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:25 PM
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; mab@mab-labs.com
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Working on HTTPS connection

On 6/29/20 6:57 PM, Mohammed Billoo wrote:
Hello!

I joined the mailing list from the recommendation on the IRC channel
(after viewing the CIP talk at ELC). I'd like to work on the following
issue:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/8

I've written applications + drivers for u-boot, have worked on SSL
(albeit for Amazon FreeRTOS), and have HW handy to hit the ground
running (I have a DE1-SoC).

Is there any update on this task that should I be aware of?
Hi,

if you add the following elements to the swupdate build config. HTTPS
works more or less. I did not test it in all configurations, only for a
short demo. And some of the options may not be necessary.

CONFIG_CURL=y
CONFIG_CURL_SSL=y
CONFIG_SSL_IMPL_OPENSSL=y
CONFIG_DOWNLOAD=y
CONFIG_DOWNLOAD_SSL=y
CONFIG_CHANNEL_CURL=y
CONFIG_CHANNEL_CURL_SSL=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_STATE_CHOICE_NONE=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_HAWKBIT=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_SSL=y
CONFIG_HASH_VERIFY=y
CONFIG_JSON=y

Quirin

Looking forward to contributing to this project!

--
Mohammed A Billoo
Founder

--