Re: [isar-cip-core] tests: put all tests into a opt layer

Daniel Sangorrin

Hi Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org> On Behalf Of Jan Kiszka
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:05 PM
To: sangorrin daniel(サンゴリン ダニエル □SWC◯ACT) <daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp>; cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; iwamatsu
nobuhiro(岩松 信洋 □SWC◯ACT) <nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@toshiba.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] [isar-cip-core] tests: put all tests into a opt layer

On 22.07.20 09:25, daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp wrote:
From: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:44 PM
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; sangorrin daniel(サンゴリン ダニエル
□SWC◯ACT); iwamatsu nobuhiro(岩松 信洋 □SWC◯ACT)
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] [isar-cip-core] tests: put all tests into a opt
layer

On 21.07.20 14:42, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
having an opt-tests layer makes it easier to see what tests are
installed, and allows creating images without them as well
JAN:
"Having ... as well."

Does this obsolete
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/merge_requests
/7,
where I just commented on?

DANIEL: Maybe you can apply Iwamatsu-san merge request first, and I will prepare a new patch on top of that to avoid confusion.
That would confuse me now: What creating a separate test image first, just to remove it again?
Sorry for the confusion.

If you apply MR7, I will move the rt-tests and stress-ng packages from the customization "package" to the test image.
If you instead apply MR5, I will move them to opt-testtools.yml

Or is there any special reason for rt-tests and stress-ng to be in the customization package?

Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux