Re: Resource describing the Deby workflow?

Akihiro Suzuki

Hi Mohammed,

Are you using isar-cip-core, not Deby, to create the rootfs for BBB, right?

If you use isar-cip-core and its cip-sw-updates/swupdate branch,

you can add Debian packages by adding package names to DEBIAN_DEPENDS

used at isar-cip-core/recipes-core/customizations/customizations.bb

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/blob/cip-sw-updates/swupdate/recipes-core/customizations/customizations.bb#L25

e.g.) add ntp package to the rootfs

DEBIAN_DEPENDS = " \

     ifupdown, isc-dhcp-client, net-tools, iputils-ping, ssh, sshd-regen-keys, \

-    rt-tests, stress-ng"

+    rt-tests, stress-ng, ntp"

Then, you can customize the rootfs at isar-cip-core/recipes-core/images/cip-core-image.bb.

Keep in mind to change from do_rootfs_append() to ROOTFS_FEATURES, ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND and some function name like the following:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-demo/-/blob/suzuki/fix-rebase-related-errs/patch/0001-SWUpdate-commit-for-demo.patch#L175-177

The above function (rootfs_put_swupdate_setting()) adds setting to mount the rootfs as RO.

Actually this function was not executed until recently.

This was resolved by https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/15, but it hasn’t been merged to the master yet.

BTW, if you want to use NTP client, please consider using systemd-timesyncd instead.

systemd-timesyncd is a simple NTP client.

It has been already installed in the rootfs but when I tried to use it, the following error occurred.

So dbus package or something might need to be installed in the rootfs by adding the package name to DEBIAN_DEPENDS.

# timedatectl status

Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory

Thanks,

Suzuki