Re: CIP IRC weekly meeting today


Chris Paterson
 

Hello all,

The IRC logger was down yesterday, so please see a dirty copy/paste from the meeting below.

Kind regards, Chris

/start log

patersonc
Hello
wens
hi
szlin
hi
suzuki
hi
paveltest
hi
patersonc
I'm in charge today - sorry in advance!
#startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
bwh joined the room.
bwh
hi
patersonc
#topic rollcall
Say hi etc.
(Doesn't look like the logger is working for me?)
dineshk
Hi
patersonc
I guess everyone has said hi already ;)
bwh
patersonc: It's not in the channel
patersonc
Ah
szlin
patersonc: it seems like the bot is not around
paveltest
Umm, I guess we can just pretend it works and create the logs manually or something.
patersonc
Sure
#topic AI review
Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
Any updates iwamatsu?
szlin
patersonc: Today is the national holiday in Japan
paveltest
I don't think he is around... did not say hi.
patersonc
Ah is it? I didn't realise :(
Moving on...
Post LTP results to KernelCI - patersonc
No updates from me
Issues to be fixed for swupdate "copyright correction and salsa CI testing" - iwamatsu
szlin
Done
patersonc
Huzzah. Thanks szlin
szlin
I uploaded the new version of swupdate few weeks ago.
patersonc
Thanks. It could be that the action list I'm using is out of date...
Moving on...
#topic Kernel maintenance updates
wens
3 new CVEs, all fixed and backported (if needed); 3 old CVEs fixed.
paveltest
I have reviewed patches for 4.19.134.
bwh
I have reviewed kernel-sec updates by wens
patersonc
I have a question for the mainainers
Is anyone maintaining the CIP patchwork?
(or using)
paveltest
Hmm... We used it some time ago.
...but then I somehow forgot it exists.
patersonc
#link https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/cip-dev/list/
I wonder if someone should take ownership of it?
paveltest
Ammount of patches on the list is quite low, so patchwork is not really useful.
I believe we cna
can simply declare it dead.
It is currently not useful.
patersonc
Would it become more useful when LTS support ends?
paveltest
I don't think so.
It would become useful if we got a lot of patches
from participating companies.
patersonc
Any thoughts from anyone else?
paveltest
Currently we are just getting patches from Biju and ammount is quite low.
patersonc
Okay. Thanks
paveltest
bwh
I don't have experience using patchwork, so I don't have a feel for when it's more or less useful
wens
I guess it really depends on the maintainers? It's less common for patch submitters to go on patchwork to update status for their own patches
(hence the unmaintained mess for lakml patchwork)
paveltest
I see patchwork as a service for patch submitters. If they are okay without it, it is easier for maintainer.
patersonc
I know that it's useful for those who want a nice URL to their submitted patch before it gets merged
wens
paveltest: I always thought it was the other way around.
patersonc: I believe lore takes care of that now
patersonc
I'll send an email to the wider maintainer/cip-dev group to see if everyone agrees that we should kill it, or leave it running (un)maintained
#action patersonc: Email Kernel team/cip-dev about patchwork usage
paveltest
Wens: well, if there are so many patches maintainer loses track, it is useful for maintainer too. But that is not currently the case.
patersonc
Any other topics/comments for/from the Kernel team?
5
4
3
2
1
#topic Kernel testing
KernelCI have agreed to add the CIP trees to kernelci.org
I've submitted a PR accordingly: https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/pull/448
Fix renesas-soc repository and add CIP branches.
We also plan to have our own instance, initially running on KCI's servers at cip.kernelci.org.
Any testing related topics/questions from anyone else?
wens
are the instances completely separate, or sharing data / control?
patersonc
Separate. If we add any useful features on our fork we'd aim to upstream them back to kernelci
Initially we'd be using KCI's build infrastructure, with the aim of integrating it into our own
If anyone is interested in helping out with this effort please let me know.
Anyone for anymore before the next topic?
5
4
3
2
1
#topic Software update
suzuki
Hello.
I had found some problems with the current software update mechanism uploaded to cip-sw-updates-demo repository.
paveltest left the room.
suzuki
The problems had been that some needed files and settings didn't exist in the root file system.
I created gitlab issues about them: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/15, https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/16
And I'm working on them. One of them has been already done.
Apart from that, Mohammed is working on the task which is to support HTTPS connection between SWUpdate and hawkBit: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/8
That's all from me.
patersonc
Thank you suzuki-san
Any queries from anyone?
5
4
3
2
1
#topic CIP Security
dineshk
hello
I guess Kent is not around so I will update
patersonc
Thank you
dineshk
Completed verification of single node security requirements on CIP LAVA
Working with Chris to verify multi-node security requirements on LAVA
SOW signed with exida for CIP gap assessment for IEC-62443-4-2 & IEC-62443-4-1
Kick-off meeting with exida held for Gap assessment yesterday
That's all from security WG
patersonc
Thank you dineshk
Any comments/queries?
5
4
3
2
1
#topic AOB
Any other topics from anyone today?
If not, then I guess we'll close for today.
Thank you all for your time!
#endmeeting

/end log

From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org> On
Behalf Of masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp via lists.cip-project.org
Sent: 23 July 2020 03:59

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss
technical topics with CIP kernel today.
I cannot attend the meeting today. Chris-san will host the meeting instead.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00
starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020
&month=7&day=23&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=179&p3=136&p4=3
7&p5=241&p6=248

USWest USEast UK DE TW JP
02:00 05:00 10:00 11:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2020/07/cip.2020-07-16-
09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
2. Post LTP results to KernelCI - patersonc
3. Issues to be fixed for swupdate "copyright correction and salsa CI testing"
- iwamatsu

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* Software update
* CIP Security
* AOB

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it
makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic
will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.

Join cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org to automatically receive all group messages.