Re: CIP embedded platform Internet connection?

Mohammed Billoo <mab@...>

Daniel,

Thanks for getting back. I realized that the configuration of the embedded platform and Hawkbit server may be specific for the SWUpdate demo. Suzuki-san, is that correct? If so, is it OK if these parameters are in files or would you want them in a less permanent form (e.g. environment variables)? The advantage of the latter would be that if I need to change the network configuration for my own set up (since my localhost external IP is different from what's in the BBB customization), I don't have to manage two different network configurations. I can set the appropriate environment variable (for example) and the build, if set up correctly, would pick up the environment variablesĀ and configure the BBB image correctly. Is there any strong conviction for either way?

ThanksĀ

Mohammed A Billoo
Founder
MAB Labs, LLC
www.mab-labs.com
201-338-2022

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, 7:52 PM Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...> wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

> [...]

There is nothing in CIP SWUpdate that assumes the Hawkbit server is on a local network.
Perhaps the README is using a local serve for demonstration purposes?

Mohammed Billoo
MAB Labs, LLC
www.mab-labs.com