Re: [isar-cip-core] remove remaining configs from isar-cip-core

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>

Hi Quirin,

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org> On Behalf Of Quirin Gylstorff
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:25 PM
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org
Cc: jan.kiszka@siemens.com
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] [isar-cip-core] remove remaining configs from isar-cip-core

On 8/4/20 6:47 AM, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Hi Jan,

This patch just removes the already unused defconfigs from
isar-cip-core

[isar-cip-core] kernel: remove configs that are already in

I didn't know what to do with bbb_defconfig because it does not seem
to be used at all by isar-cip-core (maybe it is in a rather obscure way).
However, that should also be removed and use cip_bbb_defconfig.

In
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/tree/cip-sw-updates/swupdate
bbb is used as demo system.
Thanks, I guess I was confused because there were no KERNEL_DEFCONFIG definitions.
But it seems that linux-cip-common.inc sets up one by default if you dont specify it
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "${MACHINE}_defconfig"

I see quite a few differences between
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config.git's cip-kernel-config/4.19.y-cip/arm/cip_bbb_defconfig
and isar-cip-core's bbb_defconfig.

Could you try using cip_bbb_defconfig and see if you need some extra configuration for software updates to work?