Re: If you are using PCIe EP, speak up was Re: [RFC PATCH 4.19.y-cip 00/50] Add PCIe EP support for Renesas R-Car Gen3 and RZ/G2x
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...> On Behalf Of Pavel Machek via lists.cip-project.org
Sent: 14 October 2020 10:39
To: Prabhakar Mahadev Lad <prabhakar.mahadev-lad.rj@...>
Cc: cip-dev@...; Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@...>; Pavel Machek <pavel@...>; Biju Das
Subject: [cip-dev] If you are using PCIe EP, speak up was Re: [RFC PATCH 4.19.y-cip 00/50] Add PCIe EP support for Renesas R-Car Gen3 and
This patch series adds support for PCIe EP on Renesas R-Car Gen3 andI quickly went through a series and code seems reasonably nice.
* Since the changes are huge I am sending the patches as RFC.And yes, it is quite big, which might be a problem. OTOH only Renesas
seems to have PCIe EP drivers enabled in their CIP defconfigs, so
there's good chance noone else in CIP project is using this code.
[If someone else _is_ using it or is considering using it, please
We haven't received any response yet, is it OK if I send a non RFC version or shall we wait for couple of days more ?
Could we get better explanation for 24/ of the series? spinlock is
okay as long as code inside does not sleep, does not neccessarily have
to do with interrupts.
Should 30/ and 31/ be submitted to stable?
* Required EP framework changes and fixes are ported as well.Ok, so we definitely want them in upstream, not in -next. And it might
* All the patches have been cheery picked from upstream kernel.
* Patches [43, 44, 45, 46, 48]/50 are picked from linux-next.
be good to wait a bit after merge, so it gets some testing in upstream.
* I was skeptic with patch 36/50 "Rename pcie-rcar.c to pcie-rcar-host.c"Let me take a look at these in bigger detail.
this is required as patch 38/50 adds a new file named pcie-rcar.c. Open
for suggestions if this can be handled differently.
* In patch 37/48 I have dropped the changes for host driver as the patch
doesn't apply cleanly and manually applying it was resulting in a
* As the changes touches three other controller drivers I have build tested themWill this be tested somehow by our automated tests?
as done similarly while upstreaming R-Car Gen3 PCIe EP driver.
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.