From: 河合英宏 / KAWAI,HIDEHIRO <hidehiro.kawai.ez@hitachi.com>
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 3:34 PM
To: 工藤 雅司(CTJ OSS事業推進室) <masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp>;
'wens@csie.org' <wens@csie.org>
Cc: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; cip-members@lists.cip-project.org
Subject: RE: hitachi_omap defconfigs

Kudo-san and ChenYu-san,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The confirmation will take some time.
If you'd like to solve this issue quickly, please disable nouveau driver now.
After the confirmation, we'll send an updated defconfig.

Best regards,

Hidehiro Kawai
Hitachi, Ltd. Research & Development Group

From: cip-members@lists.cip-project.org
<cip-members@lists.cip-project.org> On Behalf Of Hidehiro Kawai

Hello Kudo-san and ChenYu-san,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Including nouveau driver, it seems that our defconfigs have some
unneeded drivers. I'm confirming this with our development team, please wait
a moment.

From: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org <cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org>
On Behalf Of masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp Hi, Hitachi-team,

Last week, CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] was reported by the
following email.
https://clicktime.symantec.com/3Hrgtrrm6ninbLpVgrZpbS37Vc?u=https%3A
%2 F%2Flore.kernel.org%2Fcip-dev%2FCAGb2v641%3DSr
fdDh9CS4fwWVrfuCG2O2oni9V_QsVJEza%2Bg5mRg%40mail.gmail.com%2FT%2
F%23

According to the kernel team analysis, it seems that the nouveau
driver is enabled in hitachi_omap defconfigs for both
4.4 and 4.19.
However, the configs are for OMAP platforms which, according to our
understanding, don't have PCI for a graphics card.
So we think that the hitachi_omap defconfigs should be corrected to disable
the nouveau driver.

We could be wrong, so please advise us. Once you confirm it to be corrected,
we will go ahead to change it.
M. Kudo