Re: [cip-kernel-config ][ RFC 1/1] 4.19.y-cip/cip_bbb_defconfig: Add config switches from isar-cip-core

Jan Kiszka

On 15.09.20 01:50, Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:

From: cip-dev@... [mailto:cip-dev@...] On Behalf Of Quirin Gylstorff
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 6:52 PM
To: cip-dev@...; sangorrin daniel(サンゴリン ダニエル □SWC◯ACT)
<daniel.sangorrin@...>; jan.kiszka@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] [cip-kernel-config ][ RFC 1/1] 4.19.y-cip/cip_bbb_defconfig: Add config switches from
isar-cip-core

From: Quirin Gylstorff <quirin.gylstorff@...>

Add the config switches which exist only in isar-cip-core
to the defconfig in cip-kernel-config for the beagle bone black.
Thanks for your patch.
The cip_bbb_defconfig created by me had minimal functionality enabled. I didn't know that Siemens didn't include
the required features.
So I think this patch is necessary.
However, we think that it is difficult to do it with one defconfig when testing the necessary functions as CIP in
the future.
Therefore, it may be necessary to prepare defconfig for each required function in the future.

By the way, is this only 4.19? Do I need to change RT or 4.4.y?
This patch is only for 4.19. I can prepare a v2 which includes v4.4. As
posted it was intented to show the current difference between the bbb
config in isar-cip-core and cip-kernel-config.
I see.
Would you send a patch for v4.4 as well?
I just noticed that this topic is still open. Unfortunately, I do not
have a BBB in reach. Who has and could complete this cleanup?

Siemens AG, T RDA IOT