Cip-kernel-sec Updates for Week of 2021-02-25
Chen-Yu Tsai (Moxa) <wens@...>
Five new issues this week:
- CVE-2020-24502 [e810: local DoS] - out-of-tree?
- CVE-2020-24503 [e810: local information leak] - out-of-tree?
- CVE-2020-24504 [e810: local DoS] - out-of-tree?
- CVE-2020-35501 [auditd: open_by_handle_at not covered by file watch] - no fix
- CVE-2021-3411 [broken KRETPROBES on x86] - fixed
Regarding e810, the Intel advisory  seems to be referring to the
out-of-tree driver, of which version 1.0.4 was released on 7/14/2020.
Also, a bug was found in the Debian import script. The script was not
picking up fixes which spanned multiple stable kernel releases. This
has now been fixed and a re-import was attempted, though it may be
insufficient to fix all the data already in the repository.
Last, CVE-2020-12362, CVE-2020-12363, and CVE-2020-12364 are now known
to be fixed by a firmware update. However to use the new firmware, a
kernel patch  is required.