Hitachi, Ltd. Research & Development Group

From: masashi.kudo@... <masashi.kudo@...>

Hi, Kawai-san,

It's been a while since we last chatted about this issue.
If it takes more time, shall we disable nouveau driver as you suggested?

M. Kudo

From: cip-members@...
<cip-members@...> On Behalf Of Hidehiro Kawai

Hello Kudo-san and ChenYu-san,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Including nouveau driver, it seems that our defconfigs have some
unneeded drivers. I'm confirming this with our development team,
please wait
a moment.

Best regards,

Hidehiro Kawai
Hitachi, Ltd. Research & Development Group

From: cip-dev@...
<cip-dev@...> On Behalf Of
masashi.kudo@... Hi, Hitachi-team,

Last week, CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] was reported by the
following email.
https://clicktime.symantec.com/3HW3CdVzyukGSgx2iFmjhKS7Vc?u=http
s%3A%2F%2Fclicktime.symantec.com%2F3Hrgtrrm6ninbLpVgrZpbS37Vc%3F
u%3Dhttps%25
3A
%2 F%2Flore.kernel.org%2Fcip-dev%2FCAGb2v641%3DSr
fdDh9CS4fwWVrfuCG2O2oni9V_QsVJEza%2Bg5mRg%40mail.gmail.com%2FT%2
F%23

According to the kernel team analysis, it seems that the nouveau
driver is enabled in hitachi_omap defconfigs for both
4.4 and 4.19.
However, the configs are for OMAP platforms which, according to
our
understanding, don't have PCI for a graphics card.
So we think that the hitachi_omap defconfigs should be corrected
to disable
the nouveau driver.

We could be wrong, so please advise us. Once you confirm it to
be corrected,
we will go ahead to change it.
M. Kudo