Re: Kselftest implementation

Alice Ferrazzi

Hello Chris,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 7:27 AM Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:
Hello Alice,

> [...]

Thank you for your work on this!

> I made and tested kselftest on a testing instance of lava, currently tested
> only on qemu x86_64

If you'd like to test on a wider range of platforms then get in touch and we'll get you access to the CIP LAVA instance.

This would be nice!

> I implemented a simple skiplist in the kselftest envelope for skipping tests
> that are currently not working.
> The usage is similar to how spectre-meltdown-checker-test is currently
> working.
>
> Raw log:
>
> http://140.211.166.173:10080/scheduler/job/329
> Results list:
> http://140.211.166.173:10080/results/329/1_kselftest

It looks like a great start.

Thanks

> My idea is to start implementing kselftest tests for at least qemu x86_64
> architecture and expand in the future to other architectures.
> As Iwamatsu-san pointed, we need also to create kselftest binary.
>
> I'm currently thinking of implementing kselftest binary creation mechanism
> on linux-cip-ci kernel build script but I still didn't start to work on this yet.
>
> Kselftest test code:
>
> https://gitlab.com/alice.ferrazzi/cip-kselftest

Is there any work we can leverage from the Linaro test-definitions repo?
https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/tree/master/automated/linux/kselftest

That was the first thing I tried out but was not working correctly on the cip rootfs enviroment

KernelCI also recently implemented kselftest support if that's useful at all, this'll include the build side of things.
https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/tree/main/config/lava/kselftest

I know about KernelCI effort for kselftest and I think to use a similar approach about the kselftest binary creation implementation.

The code I wrote is based on Glava-tests that is part of GKernelCI.
GKernelCI is the current Gentoo kernel CI system that is reporting and collaborating with KernelCI.
Using a different repository currently is helpful for self managing the skiplist, but it could be changed in the future.

> linux-cip Kernel Kselftest implementation (currently in draft):
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/linux-cip-ci/-/merge_requests

Please assign the MR to me when you're ready for it to be reviewed, or if you need any help.

Also let me know if you want write access to the linux-cip-ci repo.
If you push your branch to our repo directly the CI will be able to run, making it easier for you to test.

Testing the kselftest branch directly on CIP CI test environment from linux-cip-ci repo would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Alicef

--
Cybertrust Japan Co.,Ltd.