From: Daniel Sangorrin [mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...]
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2017 9:19 AM
To: 'Robert Marshall' <robert.marshall@...>; Binh Thanh. Nguyen <binh.nguyen.uw@...>
Cc: O365-Toru Oishi <toru.oishi.zj@...>; 'Chris Paterson'
<Chris.Paterson2@...>; Trung. Huynh
<trung.huynh.uw@...>; cip-dev@...
Subject: RE: B@D run on Renesas board - issue

Hello Binh-san,

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Marshall [mailto:robert.marshall@...]
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:05 AM
To: Binh Thanh. Nguyen
Cc: Daniel Sangorrin; O365-Toru Oishi; Chris Paterson; Trung. Huynh;
cip-dev@...

"Binh Thanh. Nguyen" <binh.nguyen.uw@...> writes:

Hello Daniel, Robert,

We are facing an issue when trying to run healthcheck using B@D on Renesas board.
I would like to attach the log and the healthcheck script (we
modified the healthcheck from Daniel)

The boot action was passed, but after that, look like LAVA cannot
send command to Board, only send "#" (it supposed to be "uname").
I wonder if you met same issue before?
And if possible, please give us any hints you may have for debugging this issue!

Best regards,
Binh Nguyen
Thanh

Sorry for the delay in responding!

That test is missing a deploy section (all commented out) are you
trying to make the test too minimal? LAVA tends to swallow output if
it is what is expected.

Robert
As Robert said, please do not comment out the deploy section. LAVA does not just deploy the binaries as they are, it also copies some scripts (LAVA Test shell) into the ramdisk (or network filesystem).
# LAVA does not use scp (or a serial protocol) to copy them into the target

For deploying you need a PDU (remote power switch). If you don't have one you need to buy one and then add the corresponding commands.
# Note: I use an IP Power 9258 remote PDU.
# Note: do not think you can get around without a PDU*

*There are ways to do it but they have limitations https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/dispatcher-design.html#primary-connection