Update week 47
Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
* This week the team at Codethink working on CIP has met f2f for the first time in Manchester, since three of us work remotely from home.
** Agreed on basic management processes we will follow.
** We have worked on the roadmap for the coming weeks.
** Moved forward the work on testing.
** You can find us in IRC channel #cip in freenode.
++ Kernel maintenance
* There is a consolidation effort of the policies that has been discussed in this mailing list in our public wiki. Ben H. and myself will look into them the following days to polish them.
* The testing project has been created in Gitlab. A couple of colleagues at Codethink has picked up the initial effort done by Siemens and move it forward, in order to create a virtual machine with kernelci.
**The goal of the first milestone is that any developer with a board at her desk can test a kernel and see the results of those tests in her own machine.
** A tutorial will be published for those of you not familiar with the tools involved.
If you are interested in using kernelci in your company, please join our effort. Collaboration is working.
++ Other topics
* The CIP whitepaper keeps moving forward.
* As reported, CIP Members took as strategic decision to use the tools that for each software component, each upstream community uses. I order to consolidate our work upstream in one place, we will use Gitlab.
** The Gitlab instance is up and running. Feel free to join.
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink