Re: Preparing a container for kernel compilation using the Debian compiler

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu

Hi Jan,

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...> On
Behalf Of Jan Kiszka
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 10:59 PM
To: iwamatsu nobuhiro(岩松 信洋 □SWC◯ACT)
<nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@...>; Chris.Paterson2@...;
alice.ferrazzi@...
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Preparing a container for kernel compilation using the
Debian compiler

On 18.01.22 13:35, nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@... wrote:
Hi Chris,

The 5.10.y tree building is failing due to a problem with the version
of the compiler currently used for kernel compiling. To solve this, I
thought it was necessary to prepare an environment where each tree
could be compiled. We also suggest using Debian as the compiler as we are
developing using Debian.

I have created a fix and MR[0][1] to solve these.
Could you check these?
Just a thought: We could also derive such build environments from
isar-cip-core, building SDKs as containers for its images, e.g. for the kernelci
images that will soon exist. I can't promise that his will be easier to implement,
but it may be interesting from the perspective of having build envs aligned at
some point.
I see. I think that is also a good idea.
I will check the latest isar-cip-core.