Re: 4.4.302 is going to be last 4.4 release

Chris Paterson

From: Pavel Machek <pavel@...>
Sent: 08 February 2022 15:36

Hi!

BTW, do you have any future information about the RT kernel team?
We may also need to check the RT patch.
If you don't have the information, I'll ask the RT team about this.
Why should 4.4-rt continue if its former upstream retired?
Didn't CIP commit to maintaining a real-time version of each SLTS for the 10
years?

We did commit to maintaining 4.4-cip-rt, but upstream 4.4.X is going
to be discontinued, and so is 4.4.X-stable.
So does CIP need to maintain the stable version of RT as well as the non-RT stable kernel?
Is this achievable?

Regards, Chris

Best regards,
Pavel

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk