Re: B@D: iwg20m support

Trung. Huynh <trung.huynh.uw@...>

Dear Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Sangorrin [mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:50 PM
To: Trung. Huynh <trung.huynh.uw@...>
Cc: cip-dev@...; O365-Chan Duc. Vu <chan.vu.xv@...>; O365-Minh Thuy Dinh. Tran <minh.tran.xc@...>; O365-Anh The. Tran <anh.tran.jc@...>; Binh Thanh. Nguyen <binh.nguyen.uw@...>; O365-Yoshinori Kaneko <yoshinori.kaneko.xg@...>; O365-Yasushi Onishi <yasushi.onishi.xc@...>
Subject: RE: [cip-dev] B@D: iwg20m support

Dear Trung san,

-----Original Message-----
From: Trung. Huynh [mailto:trung.huynh.uw@...]
..

Please let me confirm just in case. Am I right if I say that you
plan to you submit not only the kernel configuration flags but also test dependency definitions to cip core, and the corresponding yaml files for B@D?.
If that's correct I will be glad to accept them.
Yes, we would love to be apart in B@D with our contribution for who need to take our test suites as a testing plan.
We do not promise this is to become excellent suites but we do our
best to have a good things that somebody to think about at first
OK, that's great!

Regarding shmobile_defconfig, attachment shows up for you.
Thanks, you only changed these flags right?
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=250000
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=4
You're right, the cip-core I pulled down from global site without
changing anything, it just be changed those flags and built under standalone of Linaro's cross compiler.
I just realized that you might be using the wrong branch of cip-core. You should be using the "master" branch not the "jethro"
one which was used and frozen for the cip-core release and the quickstart wiki page (the master branch depends on "morty").
The jethro branch was using a non-official CIP kernel repository (https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip) but on the master branch we are using the official CIP kernel. For that reason, shmobile_defconfig on the main branch is different and some drivers have not been merged yet.
Please could you check which branch you are using?
Is v4.4.55-cip3 the "Jethro" one? Because I saw this is the build I was use.

I have added your kernel configuration changes:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/commit/c1efa6325909815731abe0b69ec7e19e2e56aee7
Please let me know if that works for you.
Anyway, let get back to master branch with flags from your suggestion, the issue seems get to worse than previous one:
After uboot pull necessary packages on RAM up, it get stuck at:

Starting kernel ...

Nothing print out after this, so we didn't explore what occurring
I also tried to test with v4.4.83-cip8 if any possibility to solve the problem but same things

Could you show me how you built cip-core using Linaro's cross compiler?
By the way, cip-core builds its own toolchain, are you using Linaro's to reduce build time?
In circle development process, we build up our target packages by Yocto
But for this cip-core testing with B@D, I'm using the compiler which to be installed via Ubuntu's repository:
gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1)