Re: Root filesystem for risc-v board

Kazuhiro Hayashi

Hello Pavel,

We have a development branch in isar-cip-core, by which
we can generate a rootfs for QEMU riscv64.

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/tree/thond/riscv-dev

Please note that this is not an official recipes of isar-cip-core and
there is no plan to be merged into master because it uses sid-ports repository.

Step to build rootfs (tarball):

$ git clone -b thond/riscv-dev https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core
$ cd isar-cip-core
$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/siemens/kas/3.0.2/kas-container
$ chmod a+x kas-container
$ ./kas-container build kas-cip.yml:kas/board/qemu-riscv64.yml:kas/opt/sid-ports.yml:kas/opt/debian-kernel.yml

then you can see the rootfs tarball at:
build/tmp/deploy/images/qemu-riscv64/cip-core-image-cip-core-sid-ports-qemu-riscv64.tar.gz

By the latest CI, the rootfs image (tarball) was uploaded to S3:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/jobs/2702654409#L1586

Kazu