Re: Progress on the CIP kernel maintenance and testing for your ELC talk

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>

Zoran,

Zoran S <zoran.stojsavljevic.de@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Chris,

And so li'll I have requested (namely this: console=ttySC0)! It does the magic... It works, man! Works with:
uname -a
Linux 192.168.15.189 4.4.120-cip20-rt13-dirty #2 SMP Tue Mar 13 15:21:30 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Within one day I set the whole iwg2x device type and iwg20m device forU-Boot and Lava V2:
vagrant@stretch:~$ dpkg -l lava-server lava-dispatcher
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-=======================-================-================-===================================================

ii lava-dispatcher 2018.2.post2-1+s amd64 Linaro Automated Validation Architecture dispatcher
ii lava-server 2018.2-1+stretch all Linaro Automated Validation Architecture server
vagrant@stretch:~$

And I missed the one very small step for me, but very big for my Alter Ego Confidence... ;-)

And, yes, I did NOT try it with U-Boot, I went straight to VBox VM, to Lava 2018.2 and set all the ingredients (3 of them) in the iwg2x device
type definition, namely in iwg2x.jinja2:

{% set console_device = console_device|default('ttySC0') %}
{% set baud_rate = baud_rate|default(115200) %}
{% set device_type = "iwg2x" %}
{% set bootm_kernel_addr = '0x40007fc0' %}
{% set bootm_ramdisk_addr = '0x41000000' %}
{% set bootm_dtb_addr = '0x40f00000' %}
{% set bootm_low = '0x41e00000' %}
{% set bootm_size = '0x1000000' %}

It works (with difficulties) with the natively generated r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dtb'.

Filename '149/tftp-deploy-rkMXw2/dtb/r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dtb'.
Load address: 0x40f00000
3.9 KiB/s
done
Bytes transferred = 24725 (6095 hex)
Image Name:
Image Type: ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 5861271 Bytes = 5.6 MiB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 40f00000
Booting using the fdt blob at 0x40f00000
Using Device Tree in place at 40f00000, end 40f09094
Unable to update property <NULL>:mac-address, err=FDT_ERR_BADPATH
Unable to update property <NULL>:local-mac-address, err=FDT_ERR_BADPATH
Unable to update property /iwg20m_q7_common:vin2-ov5640, err=FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
Starting kernel ...

Wow! Now, I am for last few days (few hours per day) trying (very unsuccessfully, sorry) to set Daniel's Sangorrin's: kas build
kas-iwg20m.yml in my Vbox Fedora 24 generated environment, since I desperately need TRUE initramfs in order to make iwg20m rt-tests
with cyclic (hackbench assisting in there)!

Here is the log of the native Lava shell test commands (the most important is uname -a):
https://pastebin.com/LKfJs4mn

Here is the iwg20m smoking test log:
https://pastebin.com/PWy4xWpG

I guess, Robert/Agustin Benito, we should close CIP testing issue #167, shouldn't we? ;-)
Let me see if I can replicate your success first. Thanks to both for the
pointers!

Robert

Have all nice weekend!
Zoran
_______

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@renesas.com> wrote:

Hello Zoran,

Sorry for the slow response.

Could you try setting the following in u-boot?

setenv bootm_low '0x41e00000'

setenv bootm_size '0x1000000'

Looking at https://pastebin.com/AjRdTZKx, line 268, you are setting:

setenv bootargs 'console=ttyO0,115200n8 root=/dev/ram0 ip=dhcp';

I’m guessing the console should be set to ttySC0.

If you still see no output from the Kernel, have you tried enabling low-level debugging?

CONFIG_DEBUG_LL, CONFIG_DEBUG_RCAR_GEN2_SCIF0, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK

Kind regards, Chris