Date   

Re: Toolchain Version

Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
 

>I’m afraid that I cannot make OSS-J, so won’t be able to drive this conversation next week!

 

Ah, too bad!  




On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:04 PM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:

Hello Nori-san,

 

I’m afraid that I cannot make OSS-J, so won’t be able to drive this conversation next week!

 

I agree that it would be worth a discussion though.

 

Kind regards, Chris

 

From: Noriaki Fukuyasu [mailto:fukuyasu@linuxfoundation.org]
Sent: 24 May 2017 15:03
To: Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...>
Cc: Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@....uk>; cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Toolchain Version

 

Hi Chris

 

I think is must be a great agenda for our open workshop next week.

May be you can take an ownership of the agenda during the workshop.

 

What do you think?

 

regards

 

Nori

 

 

 

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:

Hello,

> From: cip-dev-bounces@...project.org [mailto:cip-dev-
> bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Sent: 24 May 2017 11:25
> Hi,
>
> On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
> > will be used?
>
> No.

Should it? I would have thought that as part of CIPs reproducible build/test environment we should be aiming to standardise all tools?

What toolchain is everyone using at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris


>
> >
> > Thanks, Chris
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cip-dev mailing list
> > cip-dev@...
> > https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
> >
>
> --
> Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
> _______________________________________________
> cip-dev mailing list
> cip-dev@...
> https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev



 

--

Noriaki Fukuyasu

 

VP of Japan Operations

The Linux Foundation




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

VP of Japan Operations
The Linux Foundation
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133


Re: Toolchain Version

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Nori-san,

 

I’m afraid that I cannot make OSS-J, so won’t be able to drive this conversation next week!

 

I agree that it would be worth a discussion though.

 

Kind regards, Chris

 

From: Noriaki Fukuyasu [mailto:fukuyasu@...]
Sent: 24 May 2017 15:03
To: Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...>
Cc: Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>; cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Toolchain Version

 

Hi Chris

 

I think is must be a great agenda for our open workshop next week.

May be you can take an ownership of the agenda during the workshop.

 

What do you think?

 

regards

 

Nori

 

 

 

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:

Hello,

> From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
> bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Sent: 24 May 2017 11:25
> Hi,
>
> On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
> > will be used?
>
> No.

Should it? I would have thought that as part of CIPs reproducible build/test environment we should be aiming to standardise all tools?

What toolchain is everyone using at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris


>
> >
> > Thanks, Chris
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cip-dev mailing list
> > cip-dev@...
> > https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
> >
>
> --
> Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
> _______________________________________________
> cip-dev mailing list
> cip-dev@...
> https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev



 

--

Noriaki Fukuyasu

 

VP of Japan Operations

The Linux Foundation

Tel: +81-80-4350-1133


Re: Toolchain Version

Noriaki Fukuyasu <fukuyasu@...>
 

Hi Chris

I think is must be a great agenda for our open workshop next week.
May be you can take an ownership of the agenda during the workshop.

What do you think?

regards

Nori



On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:34 PM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:
Hello,

> From: cip-dev-bounces@...project.org [mailto:cip-dev-
> bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Sent: 24 May 2017 11:25
> Hi,
>
> On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
> > will be used?
>
> No.

Should it? I would have thought that as part of CIPs reproducible build/test environment we should be aiming to standardise all tools?

What toolchain is everyone using at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris

>
> >
> > Thanks, Chris
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cip-dev mailing list
> > cip-dev@...
> > https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
> >
>
> --
> Agustin Benito Bethencourt
> Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
> _______________________________________________
> cip-dev mailing list
> cip-dev@...
> https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev



--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

VP of Japan Operations
The Linux Foundation
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133


Re: Toolchain Version

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 24/05/17 13:34, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Sent: 24 May 2017 11:25
Hi,

On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello all,

Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
will be used?
No.
Should it?
Yes we should.

I would have thought that as part of CIPs reproducible build/test environment we should be aiming to standardise all tools?
We should.


What toolchain is everyone using at the moment?
Good question to start.


Kind regards, Chris



Thanks, Chris



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Toolchain Version

Chris Paterson
 

Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Sent: 24 May 2017 11:25
Hi,

On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello all,

Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
will be used?
No.
Should it? I would have thought that as part of CIPs reproducible build/test environment we should be aiming to standardise all tools?

What toolchain is everyone using at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris



Thanks, Chris



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: Toolchain Version

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 24/05/17 09:16, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello all,

Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that
will be used?
No.


Thanks, Chris



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Toolchain Version

Chris Paterson
 

Hello all,

 

Has the project decided upon the compiler/toolchain (and version) that will be used?

 

 

Thanks, Chris


Re: B @ D 0.9 deployment (was Re: B @ D 0.9 Gold Master)

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 18/05/17 11:55, Robert Marshall wrote:
Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.
The package and the sources are now deployed and we will close
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/86 - you can find the
links to the downloadable files with that issue - and we will now move
onto the release documentation -
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/37

The release of B@D is scheduled for May 23rd at 11:00 UTC.
The license review process has not finished so we will wait for it before releasing the testing environment. I will let you know when is done and the new release date.


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: CIP open workshop at OSSJ: May 30th from 15:00 to 17:00 hours

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 03/05/17 11:16, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Dear CIP friends,

the day before the OSSJ starts, on May 30th, CIP will have a full day of
meetings.

We are organising an open workshop to talk, present, demo and work on
technical topics that might be of interest to this Initiative.

The workshop will take place from 15:00 hours to 17:00 hours on May 30th
in a room (to be determined) at the OSSJ venue.

Please follow up the news about this activity in our wiki page[1]

++ Open workshop. Who can participate?

The workshop is open to all of you who are interested, no matter if you
are CIP Members or not. For those of you who are not yet part of CIP, it
will be a great opportunity to know a little more about who we are and
what we do.

++ How can I register?

If you are attending, it is very important that you tell us in advance
since we need to plan the room capacity accordingly. There are two ways
in which you can confirm your participation:

1.- Through this mailing list, by providing the following information:
* Name.
* Company.
* Position/role.
* Topics you are interested on.

2.- Directly adding your name to the participants table on the wiki[1].

Please check the wiki page anyway for updates. Again, this is an open
workshop. Feel free to join.

++ Can I propose topics?

Yes. Please send your suggestions to this cip-dev mailing list so we
create the agenda as soon as possible.
I would like to propose a discussion about the next steps ion the testing project.

Please read the current plan in the CIP Testing landing page, Action 2: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting#action-2cip-kernel-testing



[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings


Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Call for translations: social media messages

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 19/05/17 16:23, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

any news have a greater impact if it is communicated in the readers
native language.

I have published some social media messages in the wiki[1] that will be
used to spread the word about the testing tools we are about to release
(May 23rd at 11:00 UTC), hoping that you you could help the CIP testing
team to translate them to other languages.

This way not just the Linux Foundation but any of you can spread the
word in your own language.

Feel free to add a new column for the translation of the messages into
your own language. I added also the release announcement in case you
want to translate it also.
Some of you might not have edit rights for the wiki. I will bring here the process to get them, meanwhile, feel free to translate the messages through the mailing mlist. I will add them to the wiki:

^ RD-1 | Learn about the testing effort within the @linuxfoundation CIP initiative http://bit.ly/2mZMHmx #ciptesting #linux

^ RT-12 | Interested in kernel & embedded linux testing? CIP will have news tomorrow http://bit.ly/2mZMHmx #ciptesting #linux #linuxfoundation

^ RT-1 | What if you could test a kernel in your board connected to your laptop using #lava & #kernelci ? #ciptesting #linux #linuxfoundation

^ RT | CIP project released VM with #lava & #kernelci to test #linux kernels locally More news http://bit.ly/2q48uae #linuxfoundation #ciptesting |

^ RT+1 | #linux kernel testing with #lava & #kernelci in a VM. Check the news from CIP project http://bit.ly/2q48uae #ciptesting #linuxfoundation

^ RT+12 | Interested in #lava & #kernelci ? Now integrated in a VM you can deploy & use http://bit.ly/2q48uae #ciptesting #linux #linuxfoundation

^ RD+1 | Learn more about the #ciptesting effort to test the CIP #linux kernel at the #OSSummit in booth http://bit.ly/2q48uae #linuxfoundation

Link: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement#marketing-material-and-plan


^ RD-1 | The Civil Infrastructure Platform is a Linux Foundation initiative focused on building a commodity industrial grade Linux based system and maintain it over a long period of time. Testing this system is an strategic activity. Tomorrow May 23rd the CIP testing team will release their first deliverable, a Virtual Machine where LAVA and KernelCI have been integrated in order for any developer to test linux kernels, like the CIP kernel, in her own machine with a reference board attached to it. Learn more about this testing effort and stay tuned for the release announcement. https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting.

^ RT | The Civil Infrastructure Platform, a Linux Foundation Initiative is happy to announce the release of a Debian based Virtual Machine that will allow developers to test Linux kernels on a board attached to their own machine using LAVA and KernelCI, that is, the same tools used in the successful kernelci.org project. Check the release announcement for further information: http://bit.ly/2q48uae

^ RD+1 | If you are interested in testing Linux kernels please take a look at what the CIP testing project is doing. LAVA and KernelCI have been integrated in a single Debian based virtual machine allowing any developer to use these tools to test a kernel in a board attached to their own computer. The CIP developers have also created a step by step howto that severely simplifies the configuration process. Try it out and let them know what you think. http://bit.ly/2q48uae


Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement#marketing-material-and-plan


Best regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Call for translations: social media messages

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

any news have a greater impact if it is communicated in the readers native language.

I have published some social media messages in the wiki[1] that will be used to spread the word about the testing tools we are about to release (May 23rd at 11:00 UTC), hoping that you you could help the CIP testing team to translate them to other languages.

This way not just the Linux Foundation but any of you can spread the word in your own language.

Feel free to add a new column for the translation of the messages into your own language. I added also the release announcement in case you want to translate it also.

Thank you very much in advance for your collaboration.

[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement#marketing-material-and-plan

Best regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: B @ D 0.9 deployment (was Re: B @ D 0.9 Gold Master)

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 18/05/17 11:55, Robert Marshall wrote:
Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.
The package and the sources are now deployed and we will close
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/86 - you can find the
links to the downloadable files with that issue - and we will now move
onto the release documentation -
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/37

The release of B@D is scheduled for May 23rd at 11:00 UTC.
Please do not spread the links on #86 before the release. The will be structured and described in the Download page and promoted on the Release Day.


Robert


_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


B @ D 0.9 deployment (was Re: B @ D 0.9 Gold Master)

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.
The package and the sources are now deployed and we will close
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/86 - you can find the
links to the downloadable files with that issue - and we will now move
onto the release documentation -
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/37

The release of B@D is scheduled for May 23rd at 11:00 UTC.

Robert


Re: CIP TSC meeting minutes (15 May 2017)

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Thank you!

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 2:00 AM, KOBAYASHI Yoshitake <yoshitake.kobayashi@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC conference call on 15th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may152017

Best regards,
Yoshi


_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: B @ D 0.9 Gold Master

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 16/05/17 15:01, Robert Marshall wrote:
We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.
So the release of B@D is scheduled for May 23rd at 11:00 UTC Now we will concentrate in the following tasks:
* Deployment: #86 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/86
* Other release related tasks you can follow from #37 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/37

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


B @ D 0.9 Gold Master

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.

Robert


CIP TSC meeting minutes (15 May 2017)

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi all,

I uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC conference call on 15th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may152017

Best regards,
Yoshi


Re: Twitter account

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi All,

To avoid taken the account by someone, I have taken @cip_project.
Unfortunately, @cip-project does not work. because of Twitter's limitation.

In any case, I would like to make sure if LF has already taken an
account for CIP, or not.

Best regards,
Yoshi

On 2017/05/12 17:43, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 12/05/17 09:05, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in
this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.
Either that one or @cip-project would work. I have no strong preference.


Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a
Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is
coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: Twitter account

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 12/05/17 09:05, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.
Either that one or @cip-project would work. I have no strong preference.


Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Twitter account

Chris Paterson
 

Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.

Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev

8941 - 8960 of 9202