Date

Re: CIP testing: output of the workshop

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> writes:

Hi,

as output of the workshop I have created two tickets:
* Add page numbers to examples output (.pdf docs):
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/97
* Have a single .pdf document per example:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/98
These issues have now both been cleared

Thanks to the participants for raising them

Robert

CIP testing: output of the workshop

as output of the workshop I have created two tickets:
* Add page numbers to examples output (.pdf docs): https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/97
* Have a single .pdf document per example: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/98

Thanks for participating.

agustin.benito@...

Re: Picture for the announcement and blog post

On 29/05/17 22:20, Robert Marshall wrote:
Ok I'll bring a 'proper' camera in tomorrow. You'd like pictures of both
lava and the kernel city interfaces?
kernelci interface is nice. The LAVA one is not so I guess kernelci only.

Robert

On 2017-05-29 10:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi Robert,

can you take a couple of pictures of your laptop connected to a screen
and the BBB where we can see something on the screen recognisable as
B@D?

I will use one for the release announcement and a second one for the
blog post I wrote, which mean the cannot be too heavy but good enough
for those which use high resolution screens.

On 2017-05-29 10:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi Robert,
can you take a couple of pictures of your laptop connected to a screen
and the BBB where we can see something on the screen recognisable as
B@D?
I will use one for the release announcement and a second one for the
blog post I wrote, which mean the cannot be too heavy but good enough
for those which use high resolution screens.
Best Regards

Picture for the announcement and blog post

Hi Robert,

can you take a couple of pictures of your laptop connected to a screen and the BBB where we can see something on the screen recognisable as B@D?

I will use one for the release announcement and a second one for the blog post I wrote, which mean the cannot be too heavy but good enough for those which use high resolution screens.

agustin.benito@...

Please promote the workshop

if you have time, specially if you are in Japan this week, please promote our open workshop through twitter, which takes place tomorrow afternoon (Japan time).

Use the hashtag of the event #ossummmit and the user @cip_project so we can see it and re-tweet it.

agustin.benito@...

Re: CIP open workshop at OSSJ: May 30th from 15:00 to 17:00 hours

On 10/05/17 00:22, Annie Fisher wrote:
Greetings all,

The Room Location has been updated on the wiki.
I have re-arranged the topics for the workshop (proposal).

If RT requires more than 15 min, we will provide it the second slot and move down the testing topic. If there is more than one topic proposed in the last minute, I will merge the testing topic in one slot.

Do not hesitate to propose a topic for the open workshop. We have one remaining slot. Two if required.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
web: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/
email: afisher@... <mailto:afisher@...>

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

On 03/05/17 11:16, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:

Dear CIP friends,

the day before the OSSJ starts, on May 30th, CIP will have a
full day of
meetings.

We are organising an open workshop to talk, present, demo and
work on
technical topics that might be of interest to this Initiative.

The workshop will take place from 15:00 hours to 17:00 hours on
May 30th
in a room (to be determined) at the OSSJ venue.

Please follow up the news about this activity in our wiki page[1]

++ Open workshop. Who can participate?

The workshop is open to all of you who are interested, no matter
if you
are CIP Members or not. For those of you who are not yet part of
CIP, it
will be a great opportunity to know a little more about who we
are and
what we do.

++ How can I register?

If you are attending, it is very important that you tell us in
advance
since we need to plan the room capacity accordingly. There are
two ways
in which you can confirm your participation:

1.- Through this mailing list, by providing the following
information:
* Name.
* Company.
* Position/role.
* Topics you are interested on.

2.- Directly adding your name to the participants table on the
wiki[1].

Please check the wiki page anyway for updates. Again, this is an
open
workshop. Feel free to join.

++ Can I propose topics?

Yes. Please send your suggestions to this cip-dev mailing list so we
create the agenda as soon as possible.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings
<https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings>

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwsossj2017
<https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwsossj2017>

The content of the OSSJ workshop has been moved.

agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...>

agustin.benito@...

Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Jan Kiszka

On 2017-05-29 04:40, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
We plan to use this feature with CIP kernels as well.

Regards,

Takuo Koguchi,
Hitachi, Ltd.