Date   

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Pavel,

From: Pavel Machek <pavel@...>
Sent: 16 December 2019 11:23

Hi!

CIP kernel team has released Linux kernel v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40.
The linux-4.19.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.19.85 to
4.19.88,
and The linux-4.4.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.4.199 to
4.4.206.

   v4.4.206-cip40:
     repository:
       https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git
     branch:
       linux-4.4.y-cip
     commit:
       0cddb349320426954582511b95e7d31873941aad
I attempted to get this tested, but failed:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/103361420

Found errors in your .gitlab-ci.yml:
Resolving config took longer than expected
You can also test your .gitlab-ci.yml in CI Lint
This error happens now and then. It's caused by GitLab taking too long to fetch the CI configs from a separate GitLab repo.

Usually trying again a few minutes later works. I've started the pipeline you were trying to run:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/103362219

Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
                                                              Pavel
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany


Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40

Pavel Machek
 

Hi!

CIP kernel team has released Linux kernel v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40.
The linux-4.19.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.19.85 to 4.19.88,
and The linux-4.4.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.4.199 to 4.4.206.
v4.4.206-cip40:
repository:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git
branch:
linux-4.4.y-cip
commit:
0cddb349320426954582511b95e7d31873941aad
I attempted to get this tested, but failed:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/103361420

Found errors in your .gitlab-ci.yml:
Resolving config took longer than expected
You can also test your .gitlab-ci.yml in CI Lint

Best regards,
Pavel
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany


gitlab mirroring broken was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40

Pavel Machek
 

Hi!

CIP kernel team has released Linux kernel v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40.
The linux-4.19.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.19.85 to 4.19.88,
and The linux-4.4.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.4.199 to 4.4.206.
In addition, the following features have been backported and updated in the
linux-4.4.y-cip:
- Support Renesas RZ/G1N SoC (r8a7744)
- Support iWave G20D-Q7 board based on RZ/G1N
- Update mmc driver for RZ/G1C's eMMC

You can get this release via the git tree at:

v4.19.88-cip16:
repository:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git
I attempted to check it in our gitlab, and seems that mirroring is
broken:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/commits/linux-4.4.y-cip

This project is mirrored from
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git. Updated
23 minutes ago. This branch has diverged from upstream.
04 Dec, 2019 1 commit

gpiolib: Fix bad of_node pointer 
Fabrizio Castro authored 1 month ago
7b4a8ef7

Best regards,
Pavel

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany


Re: [PATCH 4.4.y-cip] net: davinci_cpdma: use dma_addr_t for DMA address

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
 

Hi Pavel,

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Machek [mailto:pavel@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 5:57 AM
To: iwamatsu nobuhiro(岩松 信洋 ○SWC□OST)
<nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@...>; cip-dev@...
Subject: [PATCH 4.4.y-cip] net: davinci_cpdma: use dma_addr_t for DMA
address

Hi!

I have this in 4.4-rt-cip, and it would make my life easier if I applied
it to 4.4-cip. Would that be ok to do?
I think your suggestion is good because the cip-rt branch is based on the
cip branch.

Or this is not a bug but a warning, but it may be possible to include it with LTS.

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/379209573#L8482

Best regards,
Nobuhiro


[ANNOUNCE] Release v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
 

Hi,

CIP kernel team has released Linux kernel v4.19.88-cip16 and v4.4.206-cip40.
The linux-4.19.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.19.85 to 4.19.88,
and The linux-4.4.y-cip tree has been updated base version from 4.4.199 to 4.4.206.
In addition, the following features have been backported and updated in the
linux-4.4.y-cip:
- Support Renesas RZ/G1N SoC (r8a7744)
- Support iWave G20D-Q7 board based on RZ/G1N
- Update mmc driver for RZ/G1C's eMMC

You can get this release via the git tree at:

v4.19.88-cip16:
repository:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git
branch:
linux-4.19.y-cip
commit:
baf9a222d9a3efbdac911457b01b6ffeb496aeb1

v4.4.206-cip40:
repository:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git
branch:
linux-4.4.y-cip
commit:
0cddb349320426954582511b95e7d31873941aad

Best regards,
Nobuhiro


[PATCH 4.4.y-cip] net: davinci_cpdma: use dma_addr_t for DMA address

Pavel Machek
 

Hi!

I have this in 4.4-rt-cip, and it would make my life easier if I
applied it to 4.4-cip. Would that be ok to do?

Thanks and best regards,
Pavel

commit 3af83ff3e56ec9b96ef15a2e249e3019cd2e5245
Author: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...>
Date: Wed Sep 18 17:00:45 2019 +0900

net: davinci_cpdma: use dma_addr_t for DMA address

commit 84092996673211f16ef3b942a191d7952e9dfea9 upstream.

The davinci_cpdma mixes up physical addresses as seen from the CPU
and DMA addresses as seen from a DMA master, since it can operate
on both normal memory or an on-chip buffer. If dma_addr_t is
different from phys_addr_t, this means we get a compile-time warning
about the type mismatch:

ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function 'cpdma_desc_pool_create':
ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:182:48: error: passing argument 3 of 'dma_alloc_coherent' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
pool->cpumap = dma_alloc_coherent(dev, size, &pool->phys,
In file included from ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:21:0:
dma-mapping.h:398:21: note: expected 'dma_addr_t * {aka long long unsigned int *}' but argument is of type 'phys_addr_t * {aka unsigned int *}'
static inline void *dma_alloc_coherent(struct device *dev, size_t size,

This slightly restructures the code so the address we use for
mapping RAM into a DMA address is always a dma_addr_t, avoiding
the warning. The code is correct even if both types are 32-bit
because the DMA master in this device only supports 32-bit addressing
anyway, independent of the types that are used.

We still assign this value to pool->phys, and that is wrong if
the driver is ever used with an IOMMU, but that value appears to
be never used, so there is no problem really. I've added a couple
of comments about where we do things that are slightly violating
the API.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@...>
Signed-off-by: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <nobuhiro1.iwamatsu@...>
Signed-off-by: Pavel Machek <pavel@...>

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c
index 657b65bf5cac..18bf3a8fdc50 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c
@@ -82,7 +82,7 @@ struct cpdma_desc {

struct cpdma_desc_pool {
phys_addr_t phys;
- u32 hw_addr;
+ dma_addr_t hw_addr;
void __iomem *iomap; /* ioremap map */
void *cpumap; /* dma_alloc map */
int desc_size, mem_size;
@@ -152,7 +152,7 @@ struct cpdma_chan {
* abstract out these details
*/
static struct cpdma_desc_pool *
-cpdma_desc_pool_create(struct device *dev, u32 phys, u32 hw_addr,
+cpdma_desc_pool_create(struct device *dev, u32 phys, dma_addr_t hw_addr,
int size, int align)
{
int bitmap_size;
@@ -176,13 +176,13 @@ cpdma_desc_pool_create(struct device *dev, u32 phys, u32 hw_addr,

if (phys) {
pool->phys = phys;
- pool->iomap = ioremap(phys, size);
+ pool->iomap = ioremap(phys, size); /* should be memremap? */
pool->hw_addr = hw_addr;
} else {
- pool->cpumap = dma_alloc_coherent(dev, size, &pool->phys,
+ pool->cpumap = dma_alloc_coherent(dev, size, &pool->hw_addr,
GFP_KERNEL);
- pool->iomap = pool->cpumap;
- pool->hw_addr = pool->phys;
+ pool->iomap = (void __iomem __force *)pool->cpumap;
+ pool->phys = pool->hw_addr; /* assumes no IOMMU, don't use this value */
}

if (pool->iomap)

--
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html


Re: Add CONFIG_IGB to

Pavel Machek
 

Hi!

I've submitted a pull request[0] that sets CONFIG_IGB to 'y' in siemens_ipc227e_defconfig.

The reason behind this is so that the Kernel will boot/mount the RFS when using a bzImage in our CI setup.
See [1] for a test run without this option. [2] shows a run with this option.

Please let me/the Kernel maintainers know if you have any feedback for this.
It seems Ben alerady merged the request. Thanks for the patch!

Best regards,
Pavel
--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany


lab-cip-mentor scheduled maintenance

Chris Paterson
 

Hello all,

Just a heads up that the Mentor LAVA lab will be offline for most of Saturday due to some electrical maintenance in the building where it is hosted.

This will affect the Altera-Terasic-Deo-Nano-01 and x86-SIMATIC-IPC227E boards.

Kind regards, Chris


November 2019 in Reproducible Builds

Chris Lamb <chris@...>
 

====================================================================

o
⬋ ⬊ November 2019 in Reproducible Builds
o o
⬊ ⬋ https://reproducible-builds.org/reports/2019-11/
o

====================================================================


Welcome to the November 2019 report from the Reproducible Builds
project.

As a summary of our project, whilst anyone can inspect the source
code of free software for malicious flaws almost all software is
distributed to end users as pre-compiled binaries. The motivation
behind the reproducible builds effort is therefore to ensure no
flaws have been introduced during this compilation process by
promising identical results are always generated from a given
source, thus allowing multiple third-parties to come to a consensus
on whether a build was compromised.

In this month's report, we cover:

* Media coverage and events — A Reproducibility Challenge, etc.
* Upstream news — OCaml, Mes, Maven, etc.
* Distribution work — The latest reports from Arch, Debian and
openSUSE, and friends
* Software development — Holiday bonanza of patches, work on
diffoscope, etc.
* Contributing — How to get in touch, etfc.

If you are interested in contributing to our project, please visit
the Contribute [1] page on our website.


Media coverage and events
=========================

We held our fifth annual Reproducible Builds summit [2] between
the 1st and 8th December in Marrakesh, Morocco. A full, in-depth
report will be posted next month…

On November 16th, Vagrant Cascadian presented *There and Back Again,
Reproducibly* [3] at the SeaGL [4] in Seattle, Washington.

Chris Lamb was featured on The Manifest [5] package management
podcast in an episode called *Reproducible Builds project and Debian
package management* [6].

ReScience C [7] is an open-access journal that targets computational
research and encourages the explicit replication of already
published research. This month they announced their *Ten Years
Reproducibility Challenge* [8] which promotes the idea that old code
— in this instance, a "scientific article [published] before January
1st 2010" — should also run on modern hardware and software in order
to check one can obtain the same scientific results in the future.

[ 1] https://reproducible-builds.org/contribute/
[ 2] https://reproducible-builds.org/events/Marrakesh2019/
[ 3] https://osem.seagl.org/conferences/seagl2019/program/proposals/671
[ 4] https://seagl.org
[ 5] https://manifest.fm
[ 6] https://manifest.fm/14
[ 7] http://rescience.github.io/
[ 8] https://rescience.github.io/ten-years/


Upstream news
=============

Mike Hommey pushed a change to Mozilla build system [9] to add and
print error messages when differences are found between builds as
requested in bug #1597903 [10].

There was fresh activity on an old pull request for the OCaml [11]
programming language regarding the usage and adoption of the
BUILD_PATH_PREFIX_MAP environment variable [12] that is used to
ensure that software packages do not embed build-time paths into
generated files. On the pull request [13] in question, Gabriel
Scherer [14] was kind enough to provide many helpful examples on how
to use the rewrite rules [15].

Jan Nieuwenhuizen announced the release of GNU Mes 0.21 [16] and
Jeremiah Orians announced [17] the release of mescc-tools-seed [18]
version 1.1:

Capable of bootstrapping from a simple hex assembler all the way
to a cross-platform C compiler Work is still ongoing [to] result
in a full bootstrap from a 357 byte bootstrap binary all the way
to GCC.
Hervé Boutemy [19] announced the release of three base Apache Maven
[20] plugins (source, .jar, and assembly) to get reproducible Builds
as a "direct output" from this build system. For more information,
please see the "Configuring for Reproducible Builds" [21] section of
their documentation.

Eli Schwartz reported a bug against the GNU groff [22] typesetting
system for incomplete SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH [23] environment variable
support; the output files appeared to be embedding the build
timezone [24].

[ 9] https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/cd6b79c74b23
[10] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1597903
[11] https://ocaml.org/
[12] https://reproducible-builds.org/specs/build-path-prefix-map/
[13] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/1515
[14] http://gallium.inria.fr/~scherer/
[15] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/pull/1515#issuecomment-559035723
[16] https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/pipermail/rb-general/2019-November/001725.html
[17] https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/pipermail/rb-general/2019-November/001711.html
[18] https://github.com/oriansj/mescc-tools-seed
[19] http://people.apache.org/~hboutemy/
[20] https://maven.apache.org/
[21] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-reproducible-builds.html
[22] https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/
[23] https://reproducible-builds.org/specs/source-date-epoch/
[24] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57218


Distribution work
=================

Arch Linux
----------

A slight but temporary decline in the Arch Linux reproducibility
status [25] was determined to be due to a bug in the continuous
integration framework where one build was building with --nocheck
whilst the other did not, resulting in the test dependencies being
installed on one build. This led to differences in the BUILDINFO
file which records the build dependencies.

Morten Linderud (*Foxboron*) wrote a blog post [26] on the progress
of reproducible builds for Arch packages, including how to reproduce
packages and a roadmap of future of work.

The standard Arch development tools package (devtools) now contains
a new tool called makerepropkg which can reproduce a package from
the Arch repositories given a seed PKGBUILD file.

A lot of work has been put into getting the "[core]" system more
reproducible; every package has been rebuilt [27] with a new version
of pacman [28] which resolved a previous issue with storing the
package size. Build failures and download issues have also been
resolved which have lead to an increase of reproducible packages in
this distributions continuous integration setup [29].

[25] https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/archlinux/archlinux.png
[26] https://linderud.dev/blog/reproducible-arch-linux-packages/
[27] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2019-November/029721.html
[28] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman
[29] https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/archlinux/archlinux.html

openSUSE
--------

Bernhard M. Wiedemann posted a summary of openSUSE updates for 2019
[30] including rpm, a high level openSUSE status [31] and fixing
problems with .pyc files [32] which is also relevant to Arch Linux.
The report also summarises the current reproducibility statu and
bernhard also published his monthly Reproducible Builds status
update too [33].

[30] https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/pipermail/rb-general/2019-November/001722.html
[31] https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1133809
[32] https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1094323
[33] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2019-11/msg00370.html


Debian
------

Thorsten Glaser [34] filed a bug against the debhelper packaging
library [35] to request that it sets and exports a umask [36] of
"022" for all operations as a possible "harmonisation potential". A
varying umask can result in unreproducible packages as the file
permissions on the build system can be embedded into archives
generated by the build system.

Chris Lamb categorised a large number of packages and issues in the
Reproducible Builds "notes [37]" repository, including adding a new
ocaml_dune_captures_build_path toolchain issue [38].

Vagrant Cascadian filed a bug against the Lintian [39] Debian static
analyser for Debian packages to request that it checks for missing
and/or unsigned .buildinfo files [40]. He also uploaded the latest
version [41] of GNU Mes [42] to the *unstable* distribution.

[34] https://www.mirbsd.org/
[35] https://bugs.debian.org/944691
[36] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umask
[37] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-notes/activity
[38] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-notes/commit/c12c8853
[39] https://lintian.debian.org/
[40] https://bugs.debian.org/944707
[41] https://tracker.debian.org/news/1080851/accepted-mes-020-1-source-amd64-into-experimental-experimental/
[42] https://www.gnu.org/software/mes/

Other
-----

Natanael Copa (@n_copa) posted on Twitter that he was finally able
to make a fully reproducible package [44] for Alpine Linux [45].

The NixOS [46] distribution announced that they plan to run a
Christmas Hackathon [47] hosted by Smarkets [48] in London, England
on 9th December.

[44] https://twitter.com/n_copa/status/1192447768855482369
[45] https://alpinelinux.org/
[46] https://nixos.org/
[47] https://www.meetup.com/NixOS-London/events/266848767
[48] https://smarkets.com/


Software development
====================

Upstream patches
----------------

The Reproducible Builds project detects, dissects and attempts to
fix as many currently-unreproducible packages as possible. We
endeavour to send all of our patches upstream where appropriate.
This month, we wrote a large number of such patches, including:

* Arnout Engelen:

* OpenSC [49] (generate consistent DocBook [50] identifiers)

[49] https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/pull/1839
[50] https://docbook.org

* Bernhard M. Wiedemann:

* abseil-cpp [51] (sort the output of find/readdir(2))
* afl [52] (date)
* brp-check-suse [53] (to strip link-time optimisation (LTO) [54]
data from .o object files)
* buzztrax [55] (report a parallelism/nondeterminism issue from
GTK-Doc [56])
* cardpeek [57] (fix a previous patch)
* cecilia [58] (strip date and time in a .png image file)
* lib3270 [59] (merged; date)
* maven-plugin-bundle [60] (fix a Java date)
* nulloy [61] (.zip issue, already filed upstream [62])
* opencensus-cpp [63] (sort the result of find/readdir(2))
* OpenSC [64] (generate consistent DocBook [65] identifiers)
* pcc [66] (fix a build failure from LTO [67] in .a
archive files)
* perl-HTTP-Cookies [68] (fix a build failure in 2025)
* pocl [69] (report compile-time CPU detection)
* python-oslo.reports [70] (drop unnecessary files
with randomness)
* sql-parser [71] (sort find/readdir(2))
* vim [72] (report a build failure when built
without parallelism)

* Various updates to the RPM package manager [73]:
* #931 [74] — Keep at least one changelog entry to set
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH [75].
* #933 [76] — Regression fix so we can override the Build
Date header again.
* #936 [77] — Sort to avoid ordering issues from parallel
header generation.
* #944 [78] — Provide a cleaner solution for bug #936 [79]
listed above.

[51] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/750468
[52] https://github.com/vanhauser-thc/AFLplusplus/pull/122
[53] https://github.com/openSUSE/brp-check-suse/pull/29
[54] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interprocedural_optimization
[55] https://github.com/Buzztrax/buzztrax/issues/89
[56] https://www.gtk.org/gtk-doc/
[57] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/746648
[58] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/750463
[59] https://github.com/PerryWerneck/lib3270/pull/3
[60] https://github.com/apache/felix/pull/209
[61] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/746033
[62] https://github.com/nulloy/nulloy/pull/149
[63] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/751817
[64] https://github.com/OpenSC/OpenSC/pull/1839
[65] https://docbook.org
[66] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/745529
[67] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interprocedural_optimization
[68] https://github.com/libwww-perl/HTTP-Cookies/pull/56
[69] https://github.com/pocl/pocl/issues/793
[70] https://review.opendev.org/693327
[71] https://github.com/hyrise/sql-parser/pull/134
[72] https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1157623
[73] https://rpm.org/
[74] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/931
[75] https://reproducible-builds.org/specs/source-date-epoch/
[76] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/933
[77] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/936
[78] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/944
[79] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/936

* Chris Lamb:

* #943954 for against tm-align [81].
* #943956 for snakemake [83] (forwarded upstream [84]).
* #944131 for splitpatch [86] (forwarded upstream [87]).
* #944214 filed against libaqbanking [89].
* #944520 for isbg [91] (forwarded upstream [92]).
* #944782 for python-sybil [94] (forwarded upstream [95]).
* #945105 filed against intel-gpu-tools [97].
* #945576 filed against superlu-dist [99].
* #945822 filed against liblopsub [101].
* genpy [102]

[81] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/tm-align
[83] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/snakemake
[84] https://github.com/snakemake/snakemake/pull/80
[86] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/splitpatch
[87] https://github.com/jaalto/splitpatch/pull/8
[89] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libaqbanking
[91] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/isbg
[92] https://github.com/isbg/isbg/pull/139
[94] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-sybil
[95] https://github.com/cjw296/sybil/pull/18
[97] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/intel-gpu-tools
[99] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/superlu-dist
[101] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/liblopsub
[102] https://github.com/ros/genpy/pull/110#event-2768597322

* Vagrant Cascadian:

* #944694 filed against resource-agents [104] (forwarded
upstream [105]).

[104] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/resource-agents
[105] https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/commit/088707c81b7ddfc117490a035f9f2b2803728694


diffoscope
----------

diffoscope [106] is our in-depth and content-aware diff utility that
can locate and diagnose reproducibility issues. It is run countless
times a day on our testing infrastructure and is essential for
identifying fixes and causes of non-deterministic behaviour.

This month versions 131, 132 and 133 was uploaded to Debian unstable
by Chris Lamb. He also made the following changes:

* New features / improvements:
* Allow all possible .zip file variations to return from external
tools with non-zero exit codes, not just known types we can
identify (e.g. Java .jmod and .jar files). (#78 [107])
* Limit .dsc and .buildinfo file matching to files in ASCII or
UTF-8 format. (#77 [108])
* Bump the previous max_page_size limit from 400 kB to 4 MB.
[109]
* Clarify in the HTML and text outputs that the limits are per-
format, not global. (#944882 [110])
* Don't use line-based buffering when communicating with
subprocesses in "binary" mode. (#75 [111])

* Regression fixes:
* Correct the substitution/filtering of paths in ELF output to
avoid unnecessary differences depending on the path name
provided and commandline. (#945572 [112])
* Silence/correct a Python SyntaxWarning [113] message due to
incorrectly comparing an integer by identity vs. equality.
(#945531 [114])

* Testsuite improvements:
* Refresh the OCaml [115] test fixtures to support versions
greater than 4.08.1. [116]
* Update an Android manifest [117] test to reflect that parsed
XML attributes are returned in a new/sorted manner under
Python 3.8. [118]
* Dramatically Truncate the tcpdump [119] expected diff to 8KB
from ~600KB to reduce the size of the release tarball. [120]
* Add a self-test to encourage that new test data files are
generated dynamically or at least no new ones are added
without an explicit override. [121]
* Add a comment that the text_ascii1 and text_ascii2 fixture
files are used in multiple tests so is not trivial to
remove/replace them. [122]
* Drop two more test fixture files for the directory tests.
[123]
* Don't run our self-test against the output of the Black source
code reformatter [124] with versions earlier than "ours" as it
will generate different results. [125]
* Update an XML test for Python 3.8. [126]
* Drop unused an unused BASE_DIR global. [127]

* Code improvements:
* Rework a long string of or statements into a loop with a
break. [128]
* Update code to reflect the latest version of the Black [129]
source code reformatter. [130]
* Correct a reference to the .rdx extension suffix in a comment.
[131]

[106] https://diffoscope.org
[107] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/issues/78
[108] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/issues/77
[109] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/7d6daf7
[110] https://bugs.debian.org/944882
[111] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/issues/75
[112] https://bugs.debian.org/945572
[113] https://docs.python.org/3/library/exceptions.html#SyntaxWarning
[114] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/ecef7e6
[115] https://ocaml.org/
[116] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/4754277
[117] https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/manifest-intro
[118] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/c01dc80
[119] https://www.tcpdump.org/
[120] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/9c66d5f
[121] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/1c4b127
[122] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/69a8cc7
[123] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/a0f7a11
[124] https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
[125] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/aefa5a3
[126] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/06d11dd
[127] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/02497c9
[128] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/477584e
[129] https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
[130] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/75ea5c3
[131] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/4a00369

Other contributions were also made from:

* Jelle van der Waa:
* Add support for comparing .zst files created by Zstandard [132]
compression algorithm. (#34) [133]

* Mattia Rizzolo:
* Install python3-all whilst running the autopkgtests [134] as
we want to run the tests against all supported Python versions.
[135]
* Use apt-get instead of apt in our Dockerfile. [136]
* Add zstd to our test dependencies after the resolution of
issue #34. [138]

[132] https://github.com/facebook/zstd
[133] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/issues/34
[134] https://ci.debian.net/
[135] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/cb74600
[136] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/a5c1364
[137] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/issues/34
[138] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/commit/2c87e96


strip-nondeterminism
--------------------

strip-nondeterminism [139] is our tool to remove specific non-
deterministic results from a completed build. This month, Chris Lamb
added file as a dependency for libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl
(#945212 [140]) and moved away from deprecated $ADTTMP variable [...
[141] and made two uploads in total (1.6.2-1 & 1.6.3-1).

[139] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/strip-nondeterminism
[140] https://bugs.debian.org/945212
[141] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/strip-nondeterminism.git/commit/803d5f9

Project website
---------------

There was yet more effort put into our our website [142] this
month, including:

* Chris Lamb dropped a duplicated use the term "community" and other
words [143][144], correcting the capitalisation of GitHub [145] &
GitLab [146] [147] and corrected the use of an "an" [148].

* Daniel Edgecumbe added a section on initramfs and .cpio files
[149] to our Archive Metadata [150] page. [151]

* Hervé Boutemy added a link to Maven Guide to Configuring for
Reproducible Builds [152] to our JVM page [153]. [154]

* Jelle van der Waa added Arch Linux [155]-specific links for
diffoscope [156] and friends to our *Tools* [157] page. [158]

[142] https://reproducible-builds.org/
[143] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website.git/commit/e390fe4
[144] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website.git/commit/7c14c50
[145] https://github.com/
[146] https://gitlab.org/
[147] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website.git/commit/ae47fcd
[148] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website.git/commit/93fc479
[149] https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/archives/#initramfs-images
[150] https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/archives/
[151] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website/commit/c584cec
[152] https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-reproducible-builds.html
[153] https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/JVM/
[154] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website/commit/93fd259
[155] https://archlinux.org/
[156] https://diffoscope.org/
[157] https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/tools/
[158] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/reproducible-website/commit/0ca7223


Test framework
---------------

We operate a comprehensive Jenkins [159]-based testing framework that
powers tests.reproducible-builds.org [160]. This month, the following
changes were made:

* Alexander Couzens (OpenWrt [161]): Fix a typo in the kirkwood
architecture. [162]

* Holger Levsen:

* Debian:
* Display newer suites first on pages showing the oldest
build results. [163]
* Use the fully qualified-domain name (FQDN) when specifying
hostnames in our list of offline nodes [164]. [165]
* Reflect that coccia.debian.org has changed IP address.
[166]
* Ignore the Maximum transmission Unit (MTU) [167] on eth0
when checking for host health. [168]
* Perform the "/usr merge [169]" variation in the
*unstable*, *experimental* and *bullseye* distributions
but not on *buster*. [170]

* FreeBSD [171]: Upgrade the test VM to FreeBSD 12.1. [172]

* Arch Linux [173]:
* Don't fail build jobs if the call to diffoscope --version
fails; be a bit more verbose in the job output instead.
[174][175]
* Attempt to be less error prone when ending schroot [176]
sessions. [177]

* OpenWrt [178]:
* Additionally build the brcm47xx, kirkwood, lantiq,
mediatek, omap, sunxi and tegra targets. [...
[179][180]
* Make build job outputs easier to read and thus understand.
[181]
* Include the build target and subtarget in summary
paragraphs at the top of report pages. [182]
* Add a reminder to fix the job URL later. [183]

* Misc:
* Attempt to fix the PureOS [184] package set. [185]
* Shorten a "HOWTO" header a tiny bit. [186]
* Drop hack to fix the clock. [187]
* Improve a script header; patches are even more welcome
than bugs! [188]
* Disable the use of the OpenSSH [189] ControlMaster feature
to prevent Jenkins [190] killing connections. [191]
* Make a number of improvements to our boilerplate
texts/scripts. [192][... [193][... [194]

* Jelle van der Waa: Skip running the Arch Linux [195] tests for
continuous builds and rebuilds. [196][... [197]

* Mattia Rizzolo:
* Set the maximum size for HTML pages generated by diffoscope
[198] to 1MB (current default is 400 KB). [199][200]
* Update and improve the backup routines for the email relay
system managing reproducible-builds.org. [201][202]

* Vagrant Cascadian:
* Ensure OpenSSH [203] authorized_keys files are processed in
the correct directory regardless of where they are run from.
[204]
* Reduce the level of parallelism on armhf architectures with a
lot of cores to reduce swapping on highly parallel builds,
additionally ensuring level of parallelism are odd and even
numbers on the first and second builds respectfully. [205]

[159] https://jenkins.io/
[160] https://tests.reproducible-builds.org
[161] https://openwrt.org/
[162] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/369038e3
[163] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/aa2ace2f
[164] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/blob/HEAD/jenkins-home/offline_nodes
[165] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/8266e978
[166] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/25964ef8
[167] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit
[168] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/1a549068
[169] https://wiki.debian.org/UsrMerge
[170] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/a9919410
[171] https://www.freebsd.org/
[172] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/75e87e5d
[173] https://www.archlinux.org/
[174] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/de6dce51
[175] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/8ca7241c
[176] https://wiki.debian.org/Schroot
[177] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/32b9fe26
[178] https://openwrt.org/
[179] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/c40b5f5b
[180] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/c40b5f5b
[181] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/6baae828
[182] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/3f67936e
[183] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/98c3e2c6
[184] https://pureos.net/
[185] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/c9066d49
[186] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/e6494947
[187] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/3a7ef746
[188] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/ebefdd51
[189] https://openssh.org/
[190] https://jenkins.io/
[191] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/81273bf4
[192] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/c3759e97
[193] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/35c2b25f
[194] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/2326d159
[195] https://archlinux.org/
[196] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/e16b3ee7
[197] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/97145223
[198] https://diffoscope.org
[199] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/0a56df32
[200] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/e2ce7d08
[201] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/rb-mailx-ansible/commit/9563162
[202] https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/rb-mailx-ansible/commit/734de20
[203] https://openssh.org/
[204] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/0316d461
[205] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/620fa54d

The usual node maintenance was performed by Holger Levsen.
[206][207][208][209]

[206] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/ec74bdf4
[207] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/37d071e5
[208] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/06c70874
[209] https://salsa.debian.org/qa/jenkins.debian.net/commit/c3cd0018


Contributing
============

If you are interested in contributing the Reproducible Builds
project, please visit the Contribute [210] page on our website.
However, you can get in touch with us via:

* IRC: #reproducible-builds on irc.oftc.net.

* Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReproBuilds

* Mailing list: rb-general@... [211]

[210] https://reproducible-builds.org/contribute/
[211] https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general

This month's report was written by Arnout Engelen, Chris Lamb,
Holger Levsen, Jelle van der Waa, Bernhard M. Wiedemann and Vagrant
Cascadian. It was subsequently reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible
Builds folks on IRC and the mailing list.


--
o
⬋ ⬊ Chris Lamb
o o reproducible-builds.org
⬊ ⬋
o


Add CONFIG_IGB to

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Smita, all,

I've submitted a pull request[0] that sets CONFIG_IGB to 'y' in siemens_ipc227e_defconfig.

The reason behind this is so that the Kernel will boot/mount the RFS when using a bzImage in our CI setup.
See [1] for a test run without this option. [2] shows a run with this option.

Please let me/the Kernel maintainers know if you have any feedback for this.

[0] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config/merge_requests/17
[1] https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/job/8141
[2] https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/job/8267

Kind regards, Chris


Re: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

masashi.kudo@...
 

Hello, again,

Regarding the due date for the poll,
in order to meet Kobayashi-san's request, please finish by Dec 18th instead of Jan 5.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

-----Original Message-----
From: 工藤 雅司(CTJ)
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:50 PM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: RE: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Hi all,

Regarding the following:
1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org 2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll
I created a doodle poll as follows.
https://doodle.com/poll/73if9scwqrh5ge38

By compiling your opinions, I would like to propose our preferable slots at the next TSC (Jan 6 or 7). So, if you can respond to it by Jan 5, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
M. Kudo

-----Original Message-----
From: 工藤 雅司(CTJ)
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:59 AM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=11&day=28&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=241&p2=137&p3=179&p4=136&p5=37&p6=248

US-West US-East UK DE TW JP
01:00 04:00 09:00 10:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last week's meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2019/12/cip.2019-12-05-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc 2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc 3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san 4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* AOB
1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org 2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.


Re: F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hello Kudo-san,

Thank you very much for organizing the meeting.
Please align the date with other WGs.

I will plan to TSC and GB meeting based on the other day.

Just to make sure the date, I created the Doodle poll for TSC meeting.

Best regards,
Yoshi

2019年12月12日(木) 18:48 Masashi Kudo (via Doodle) <mailer@...>:

Masashi Kudo removed you from the Doodle poll "F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting".
Logo

Hi,

Masashi Kudo (masashikudo910@...) removed you from the Doodle poll F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting.

Doodle is also available for iOS and Android
App Store Play Store
Doodle
Doodle AG, Werdstrasse 21, 8021 Zürich
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

masashi.kudo@...
 

Hi all,

Regarding the following:
1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org 2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll
I created a doodle poll as follows.
https://doodle.com/poll/73if9scwqrh5ge38

By compiling your opinions, I would like to propose our preferable slots at the next TSC (Jan 6 or 7). So, if you can respond to it by Jan 5, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
M. Kudo

-----Original Message-----
From: 工藤 雅司(CTJ)
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:59 AM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=11&day=28&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=241&p2=137&p3=179&p4=136&p5=37&p6=248

US-West US-East UK DE TW JP
01:00 04:00 09:00 10:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last week's meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2019/12/cip.2019-12-05-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc 2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc 3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san 4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* AOB
1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org 2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.


F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting

Masashi Kudo (via Doodle) <mailer@...>
 

Masashi Kudo removed you from the Doodle poll "F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting".
Logo

Hi,

Masashi Kudo (masashikudo910@...) removed you from the Doodle poll F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting.

Doodle is also available for iOS and Android
App Store Play Store
Doodle
Doodle AG, Werdstrasse 21, 8021 Zürich


Invitation: F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting

Masashi Kudo (via Doodle) <mailer@...>
 

Masashi Kudo invites you to participate in the Doodle poll "F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting."
Logo

Hi,

Masashi Kudo (masashikudo910@...) invites you to participate in the Doodle poll F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting.

Participate now
Report this poll as spam
What is Doodle? Doodle is a web service that helps Masashi Kudo to find a suitable date for meeting with a group of people. Learn more about how Doodle works.
You have received this e-mail because Masashi Kudo has invited you to participate in the Doodle poll F2F CIP Kernel Team Meeting.
Doodle is also available for iOS and Android
App Store Play Store
Doodle
Doodle AG, Werdstrasse 21, 8021 Zürich
Unsubscribe From This List | Manage Email Preferences


Re: CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu
 

Hi all,

I may not be able to join the meeting.
I add my update to this mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf
Of masashi.kudo@...
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:59 AM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: [cip-dev] CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss
technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00
starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019
&month=11&day=28&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=241&p2=137&p3=179&p4=136&p5=3
7&p6=248

US-West US-East UK DE TW JP
01:00 04:00 09:00 10:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last week's meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2019/12/cip.2019-12-05-09.
00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc 2. Create a way/process
to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc 3. Combine rootfilesystem
with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san 4. Document a process on how to add
tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
No 4 does not update.

* Kernel maintenance updates
I reviewed 4.4.202, and stable-rc on stable ML.
I send some comments for 4.19.y and other.

Best regards,
Nobuhiro


CIP IRC weekly meeting today

masashi.kudo@...
 

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2019&month=11&day=28&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=241&p2=137&p3=179&p4=136&p5=37&p6=248

US-West US-East UK DE TW JP
01:00 04:00 09:00 10:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last week's meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2019/12/cip.2019-12-05-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc
3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* AOB
1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org
2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.


Re: Linux 4.19.89-rc1 5944fcdd errors

Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...>
 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 10:52:44AM +0000, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello Greg,

[...]

That's a lot, are these all new?
I've only just started building with this config in our CI setup, but
building the dtbs locally with v4.19.88 didn't produce these results
for me (and building locally with v4.19.89-rc1 does result in the
above issues).
Any chance you can run 'git bisect' to track down the offending patch?
The two dtbs that fail to build are fixed by reverting by the patches below:

allwinner/sun50i-a64-pinebook.dtb
ea03518a3123 ("arm64: dts: allwinner: a64: enable sound on Pinebook")
Now dropped.

qcom/sdm845-mtp.dtb
d0a925e2060d ("arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-mtp: Mark protected gcc clocks")
Now dropped.

The rest of the dtbs just had warnings, all produced by the patch below:

arm/juno.dtb
qcom/apq8016-sbc.dtb
arm/juno-r2.dtb
arm/juno-r1.dtb
hisilicon/hi6220-hikey.dtb
qcom/msm8916-mtp.dtb
qcom/msm8916-mtp.dtb
3fa6a276a4bd ("kbuild: Enable dtc graph_port warning by default")
Now dropped as well.

I'll push out new kernels in a bit, thanks for this info.

greg k-h


Re: Linux 4.19.89-rc1 5944fcdd errors

Chen-Yu Tsai <wens@...>
 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM Chris Paterson
<Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:

Hello Greg,

[...]

That's a lot, are these all new?
I've only just started building with this config in our CI setup, but
building the dtbs locally with v4.19.88 didn't produce these results
for me (and building locally with v4.19.89-rc1 does result in the
above issues).
Any chance you can run 'git bisect' to track down the offending patch?
The two dtbs that fail to build are fixed by reverting by the patches below:

allwinner/sun50i-a64-pinebook.dtb
ea03518a3123 ("arm64: dts: allwinner: a64: enable sound on Pinebook")
I suggest dropping this if possible. It depends on another dtsi patch,

ec4a95409d5c arm64: dts: allwinner: a64: add nodes necessary for
analog sound support

and multiple driver patches

55b407f6468c ASoC: sun8i-codec-analog: split regmap code into
separate driver
42371f327df0 ASoC: sunxi: Add new driver for Allwinner A64 codec's
analog path controls
7e95aac96b55 ASoC: sunxi: allow the sun8i-codec driver to be built on ARM64
66ecce332538 ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Add compatibility with A64 codec I2S
... (there quite a few more)

to actually work. Quite sure those aren't backportable since one is over
four hundred lines.

Regards
ChenYu


Re: Linux 4.19.89-rc1 5944fcdd errors

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Greg,

[...]

That's a lot, are these all new?
I've only just started building with this config in our CI setup, but
building the dtbs locally with v4.19.88 didn't produce these results
for me (and building locally with v4.19.89-rc1 does result in the
above issues).
Any chance you can run 'git bisect' to track down the offending patch?
The two dtbs that fail to build are fixed by reverting by the patches below:

allwinner/sun50i-a64-pinebook.dtb
ea03518a3123 ("arm64: dts: allwinner: a64: enable sound on Pinebook")
qcom/sdm845-mtp.dtb
d0a925e2060d ("arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-mtp: Mark protected gcc clocks")

The rest of the dtbs just had warnings, all produced by the patch below:

arm/juno.dtb
qcom/apq8016-sbc.dtb
arm/juno-r2.dtb
arm/juno-r1.dtb
hisilicon/hi6220-hikey.dtb
qcom/msm8916-mtp.dtb
qcom/msm8916-mtp.dtb
3fa6a276a4bd ("kbuild: Enable dtc graph_port warning by default")

Kind regards, Chris

6461 - 6480 of 10495