Date

Re: B@D on Windows 10

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

The B@D development team has been investigating if there are any issues
with the use of the B@D VM on Windows. The ticket
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/106
is being used to collect information and workarounds.

Briefly the current issues/state is as follows:

- We are using virtualbox rather than rsync for config.vm.synced_folder
- core.autocrlf=input is needed in the git settings for the scripts to
run under Debian (and an ssh client either via git or another route)
- We need to look at a substitute for ser2net running on the host in
order to open a connection from the VM to the BBB
- The VM installs and both the KernelCI webserver and Lava2 run
- Having built a kernel the build does not appear in the KernelCI web
interface, there's a long delay before it times out
- Health checks can be created but they don't appear to run, the admin
interface knows about the devices but they don't appear in
Scheduler->All Devices

This testing has been carried out directly from the pure Vagrant install
- once this is running the pre-loaded Vagrant box will also be tested.

Further work is continuing to get B@D fully operational on a Windows 10 host.
To report on the progress since Friday:

- KernelCI does not work with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer - we
recommend the use of firefox to display kernel build results - where
the KernelCI web interface does work.
- The hostname in the VM is different when run from windows a MR
has been created to deal with both versions of this
- The QEMU health check now runs on the W10 virtual machine
- The BBB health check will run when connecting to a BBB attached to a
debian machine from the Windows VM both with the linaro kernel and a
locally built one
- We are still in progress of creating and testing a local initiramfs
and configuring the FTDI connection correctly

Robert

Linux 4.4.75-cip6

Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings@...>

I've released Linux version 4.4.75-cip6. This adds the fixes from
stable versions 4.4.70-4.4.75 inclusive, plus two regression fixes that
were missing from the 4.4 stable branch. I reviewed those fixes, but
have only done very basic manual testing of the result.

(I also tagged a version 4.4.75-cip5 which doesn't include the two extra
fixes.)

Ben Hutchings
Software Developer, Codethink Ltd.

[...]

New repos for tests and logs

three new repositories has been created:

* https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/imported-kernel-tests

For those third party tests we will use to test the CIP kernel

* https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/CIP-kernel-test-logs

For the canonical logs we will compare results against.

* https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel-tests

Test developed within the CIP project under CIP approved licenses.

agustin.benito@...

CIP testing: new wiki page with instructions to build initramfs and CIP kernel

as a results of the work we have done to take control over building the CIP kernel and initramfs, we have introduced in our critical content path a fourth wiki page[1], so now we have five.[2]

This wiki page describes how to create an initramfs with BusyBox for the Beaglebone Black and how to build the CIP Kernel with Kernel CI.

[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipsystembuildhowto
[2] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting#action-1board-at-desk-single-developer-b-d

agustin.benito@...

Re: Project-X (minimal root filesystem) for renesas board

On 29/06/17 02:37, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Hi Koguchi-san,