Date   

Re: Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

public, please so people can join.



On 13 June 2017 18:41:07 CEST, Annie Fisher <afisher@...> wrote:
Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information.  One more question:  would you like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...project.org
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...project.org

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information.  One more question:  would you like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...project.org
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...project.org

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


kernelci-frontend-config missing from wiki/downloads

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

In the 0.9.1 release the kernelci-frontend-config archive has been
missed from the download page for the sources, this has now been
rectified. It was also missing from the features page and this is in
the process of amendment.

Apologies to anyone who downloaded all the sources thinking they had the
complete set, you will need to revisit
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload
and download the extra file and its associated checksum and gpg sig.

We will also add kernelci-frontend-config to our list of mirrored git
repos https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/ but need to sort out
administration for this.

Robert


Re: The Beaglebone black health check supplied in b@d 0.9.1 will no longer run

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

The 0.9.1 release of b@d contains a health check for the beaglebone
black which uses various build artifacts on the linaro website at:

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4

this directory has been moved and the files are now at

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1

If you have the Vagrant install you will need to change the suggested
test at tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml to reflect the new location
and edit the BBB health check if you have already installed that.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevsetup#configure-the-lava-health-check-jobs-for-both-devices

bbb_debian_local.yaml makes one reference to the linaro location which
will also need changing if you use that file in association with
lava-tool.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingreferencetestcases#test-5use-lava-tool-utility

The issue https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/103
has been created to track this issue.

We intend to update the git repository and release a new provisioned box
later this week to resolve this issue.
Having thought more about this issue we would like to put forward the
following suggestion. Note that the URLs in the following are not
working they are only there as placeholders! Comments on the proposed
solution are welcome!

* Proposed solution to the issues with the Beaglebone health check

In the short term we propose that we create a tar archive of a new
version of the tests directory which we upload to the downloads area.

The differences between that archive and the one in the provisioned box
are at the end of this message. We will though upload the actual files
rather than the differences (though we could provide just the diff and explain
how to apply them?)

*** Important ***
These changes need applying whether the user is using b@d from git or the pre-provisioned box.

The Known issue section on this will include the following workaround:
------------------------------------------------------------------
The installation procedure is as follows:

On the VM
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.tgz.notworking
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.sha256sum.notworking
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.tgz.sig.notworking

* A standard section on using SHA256sum and GPG to check integrity and signature of
these tests will be included.

Then:

cd /vagrant
sudo tar txf $DOWNLOADDIR/tests-0.9.1.tgz

If you have already created a Beaglebone black health check then you
need to replace it with the new /vagrant/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml

In the longer term there will be a 0.9.2 release of b@d which will
include a local version of initramfs and versions of the BBB kernel to
provide an initial health check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Differences in tests:

diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
index acaaa5c..5dd7e1d 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
@@ -33,7 +33,7 @@ actions:
url: http://localhost:8010/TREE/BRANCH/TAG/arm/omap2plus_defconfig/zImage
ramdisk:
# for the moment download from linaro
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
index b9ff381..2a291e0 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
@@ -29,19 +29,19 @@ actions:
minutes: 4
to: tftp
kernel:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/vmlinuz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/vmlinuz
ramdisk:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
modules:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/modules.tar.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/modules.tar.gz
compression: gz
# despite this being a Debian initramfs, it is not a complete Debian rootfs, so use oe compatibility
os: oe
dtb:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb

# BOOT_BLOCK
- boot:
diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
index 4168acb..a7ca2c6 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
@@ -29,19 +29,19 @@ actions:
minutes: 4
to: tftp
kernel:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/vmlinuz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/vmlinuz
ramdisk:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
modules:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/modules.tar.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/modules.tar.gz
compression: gz
# despite this being a Debian initramfs, it is not a complete Debian rootfs, so use oe compatibility
os: oe
dtb:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb

# BOOT_BLOCK
- boot:


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.

On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Request to create two new repositories

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 31/05/17 07:24, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order to start working on CIP testing Action 2, we will need to
create a new repository to host tests and another one for logs.
It was requested at the last CIP TSC meeting that I provide further information for the needed repositories to be approved.

1.- We will need one repository to collect and store existing tests with Open Source licenses that are not included in the CIP charter.

Name: upstream-kernel-tests
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing

2.- We will need a repository to collect the tests developed within the CIP project, that will be published under CIP approved licenses.

Name: cip-kernel-tests
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project

3.- We will need a repository to collect the logs of the reference tests for each feature. From the compliance perspective, it is uncertain to me the license that these logs will have since it might be tied up to the license of the tests and the license of the code being tested. To reduce the risks I propose to add this repo in the Gitlab third party license code subgroup, cip-testing.

Name: CIP-kernel-test-logs
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing

Please consider this proposal for potential approval.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


The Beaglebone black health check supplied in b@d 0.9.1 will no longer run

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

The 0.9.1 release of b@d contains a health check for the beaglebone
black which uses various build artifacts on the linaro website at:

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4

this directory has been moved and the files are now at

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1

If you have the Vagrant install you will need to change the suggested
test at tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml to reflect the new location
and edit the BBB health check if you have already installed that.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevsetup#configure-the-lava-health-check-jobs-for-both-devices

bbb_debian_local.yaml makes one reference to the linaro location which
will also need changing if you use that file in association with
lava-tool.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingreferencetestcases#test-5use-lava-tool-utility

The issue https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/103
has been created to track this issue.

We intend to update the git repository and release a new provisioned box
later this week to resolve this issue.

Robert


Meeting minutes for TSC F2F meeting

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi,

I uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC meeting on 30th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may302017

I apoologies for this delay.

Best regards,
Yoshi


Re: Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Katayama-san,

-----Original Message-----
From: Takehisa Katayama [mailto:takehisa.katayama.bx@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:52 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Hi Daniel,

This is for another board, and the patch set for Renesas RZ/G1M board is maintained on our private git at this moment.

But we are preparing to create a private repository to publish it (maybe, disclose to member companies first).

So please wait for a week.
OK, no problem.

Thanks,
Daniel


On 2017/06/05 16:11, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Katayama-san,

I managed to follow the quickstart guide for the Renesas RZ/G1M board
and also rebuild the kernel 3.10.

Now, I'm planning to use the CIP kernel. I have noticed there are quite a few
patches for linux-stable 4.4 which seem to be for the R-Car Generation 2 based board
but compatible with RZ/G1M

https://github.com/renesas-rz/meta-renesas/tree/yocto_2.0/meta-rzg1/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas

Should I apply these patches?
Is there any git repository I should look at instead?

Thanks,
Daniel



.


Re: Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Takehisa Katayama
 

Hi Daniel,

This is for another board, and the patch set for Renesas RZ/G1M board is maintained on our private git at this moment.

But we are preparing to create a private repository to publish it (maybe, disclose to member companies first).

So please wait for a week.

Thanks.

BR,
Takehisa Katayama.

On 2017/06/05 16:11, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Katayama-san,
I managed to follow the quickstart guide for the Renesas RZ/G1M board
and also rebuild the kernel 3.10.
Now, I'm planning to use the CIP kernel. I have noticed there are quite a few
patches for linux-stable 4.4 which seem to be for the R-Car Generation 2 based board
but compatible with RZ/G1M
https://github.com/renesas-rz/meta-renesas/tree/yocto_2.0/meta-rzg1/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas
Should I apply these patches?
Is there any git repository I should look at instead?
Thanks,
Daniel
.


Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Katayama-san,

I managed to follow the quickstart guide for the Renesas RZ/G1M board
and also rebuild the kernel 3.10.

Now, I'm planning to use the CIP kernel. I have noticed there are quite a few
patches for linux-stable 4.4 which seem to be for the R-Car Generation 2 based board
but compatible with RZ/G1M

https://github.com/renesas-rz/meta-renesas/tree/yocto_2.0/meta-rzg1/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas

Should I apply these patches?
Is there any git repository I should look at instead?

Thanks,
Daniel


Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Kiszka [mailto:jan.kiszka@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2017 10:50 PM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; 'Ben Hutchings'; '小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO'
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

On 2017-06-01 15:30, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ben Hutchings
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:16 PM
To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 02:40 +0000, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
Yes, I thought this was popular. I think we will have to find some way
to support it.
During the CIP TSC meeting I proposed using Ubuntu kernel backports.
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-xenial.git/log/fs/overlayfs

What do you think?
Did overlayfs folks looked at/commented on this already? Ideally,
maintainers should have at least a rough look on our backports whenever
possible.
The Ubuntu LTS kernels contain patches back ported by them from upstream and
their own patches which are usually prefixed by UBUNTU. UBUNTU patches are often
based on BUG reports on launchpad.

As for overlayfs, it seems that UBUNTU has cherry-picked quite a few patches by
the main maintainer Miklos Szeredi. UBUNTU patches were mostly added by Seth Forshee
but I couldn't find any review online.

I think it would be nice to have a rough overlook by the maintainers. And we should also
test them ourselves thoroughly. For example, running LXC with overlayfs.

Thanks,
Daniel


Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Jan Kiszka
 

On 2017-06-01 15:30, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ben Hutchings
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:16 PM
To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 02:40 +0000, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
Yes, I thought this was popular. I think we will have to find some way
to support it.
During the CIP TSC meeting I proposed using Ubuntu kernel backports.
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-xenial.git/log/fs/overlayfs

What do you think?
Did overlayfs folks looked at/commented on this already? Ideally,
maintainers should have at least a rough look on our backports whenever
possible.

Jan


Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ben Hutchings
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:16 PM
To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 02:40 +0000, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
Yes, I thought this was popular. I think we will have to find some way
to support it.
During the CIP TSC meeting I proposed using Ubuntu kernel backports.
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git/ubuntu/ubuntu-xenial.git/log/fs/overlayfs

What do you think?

Thanks,
Daniel


Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings@...>
 

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 04:58 +0100, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi Ben,

On 29/05/17 03:40, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
>> - I found many apparently important bug fixes in later kernel
versions that have not been backported

Is there a technical reason for these patches not being backported or is
it simply that never was requested/needed before?
I don't know yet. I will ask upstream.

OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
Based on this request, is it possible for you to estimate the effort to
do this?
Not yet, but I will try to get an idea of how large a change is needed.

Ben.

@Takuo is there a kernel developer from Hitachi that would be willing to
work under Ben's supervision/review in backporting these patches?
--
Ben Hutchings
Software Developer, Codethink Ltd.


--
Ben Hutchings
Software Developer, Codethink Ltd.


Re: Kernel feature support - filesystems and networking

Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings@...>
 

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 02:40 +0000, 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO wrote:
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your efforts.

- overlayfs (CONFIG_OVERLAY_FS)
OVERLAY_FS is one of the features Hitachi wants to use.
I hope you look into this further and I would like to know if other members also want it.
Yes, I thought this was popular. I think we will have to find some way
to support it.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Software Developer, Codethink Ltd.


Request to create two new repositories

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

in order to start working on CIP testing Action 2, we will need to create a new repository to host tests and another one for logs.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


CIP in Twitter

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

we are on Twitter, and with some news: https://twitter.com/cip_project

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


CIP Project releases a tool-box based on LAVA and KernelCI to test Linux kernels locally: Board At Desk v0.9.1

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Dear CIP friends,

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of Board At Desk - Single Dev. (B@D) v0.9.1, a customised and easy to deploy instance of KernelCI[2] and LAVA[3] projects that should allow developers to test Linux kernels on boards connected to their own development machines, using the tooling provided by one of the most successful Open Source and distributed testing projects, http://www.kernelci.org .

This instance is provided in this first release in two forms:
* As a vagrant VM image/recipe.
* As a VM image, widely called box.

Please visit the CIP Testing project Download page[4] to download the first release of Board At Desk - Single Dev. (B@D v0.9.1).

With this effort, the CIP project is trying to create a first step towards "shared and trusted testing" by every member and the CIP kernel maintainer. It also has as a goal to extend and simplify the current use case satisfied by kernelci.org, focusing on those embedded developers that have direct access to boards, by reducing the deployment, configuration and maintenance effort. Finally, CIP intends to increase the number of developers and organizations willing to participate in http://www.kernelci.org by providing a simple mechanism to evaluate the technologies involved in what CIP consider B@D's upstream projects (LAVA and KernelCI).

Some of the most important actions taken by the team behind B@D have been focused in two areas:

1. Merged the KernelCI and LAVAv2 Virtual Machines together into one.

KernelCI was based on Ubuntu v14.04, it used Nginx as the Web Server and SimpleHTTPServer for the Storage Server which is where the builds are stored. LAVA was based on Debian and used the Apache Web Server and the Django Content Management System for the Frontend Web Framework. Both web servers wanted to use port 80.

The current VM uses Debian Jessie only. It runs KernelCI on Nginx and LAVA on Apache on reassigned ports. The KernelCI Storage Server has been migrated over to use Nginx on a reassigned port.

2. Connection to the board.

The released VM assumes the usage of an FTDI USB-to-Serial cable to connect the host machine to the Beaglebone Black. It uses ser2net to route the /dev/ttyUSB0 serial port to a TCP port on the host machine which allows the user to use telnet to communicate to the Beaglebone Black console for remote login and boot messages. It also allows LAVA to use tftp to transfer the kernel directly over to the board eMMC without needing to burn an SD Card.

This B@D version supports Beaglebone Black. Renesas RZ/G1M support is in progress and the rest of the CIP reference boards will be supported in the near future.

Further information about what you will find in B@D v0.9.1 can be found in the B@D Feature Page[5].

If you are interested in testing kernels using this version of the tooling please meet the developers at the cip-dev mailing list[6]. If you find bugs in KernelCI or LAVAv2 themselves, please report them upstream. If you find them in the configuration or any of the previously described topics, please report them in the CIP-testing bug tracker[7]. More general information about the CIP testing project can be found in the CIP wiki[8].

You can also read this release announcement on the CIP project blog[9]

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://github.com/kernelci/
[3] https://validation.linaro.org/
[4] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload
[5] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevfeaturepage
[6] https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
[7] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards
[8] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting
[9] http://bit.ly/2rhSILs
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...

8301 - 8320 of 8596