Date   

Backporting to the CIP Kernel

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Ben,

 

I hope the move went okay.

 

I plan to start backporting some patches to the CIP Kernel soon, to begin adding support for the Renesas CIP reference platform.

 

I’ve had a look at [1] and have a few of queries…

 

1)

>11. It or an equivalent fix must already exist in Linus' tree (upstream).

Is this rule set in stone? Or can patches that have been accepted into the relevant maintainer’s branches be backported?

 

Positive: We don’t have to wait up to 10 weeks for the new merge window before backporting patches

Negative: There is a small chance that the patches will be rebased in the move from linux-next to linux

 

2)

For submitting patches, I assume you would like them sent to cip-dev?

 

3)

For patches that add support for a new platform, would you like them submitted in small series, as they were upstreamed? Or in one big pull request once major support for the platform has been added upstream?

 

 

[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipkernelmaintenance

 

Kind regards, Chris


CIP Kernel release cadence

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Ben,

 

Do you have a plan for when future releases of the CIP Kernel will be made?

 

It would be good to have a fixed release cadence or roadmap, so people using the Kernel can plan their activities accordingly.

 

 

Kind regards, Chris


Renesas dev CIP repository announcement

Chris Paterson
 

Dear CIP friends,

 

I’d like to announce the availability of a development repo [1] based on the CIP Kernel for the iWave RZ/G1M Qseven Development Platform [2].

 

The main aim of this repository is to allow CIP users to get up and running with the Renesas CIP reference platform. Please note that this is just an interim step as support for the platform is added upstream/backported to the CIP Kernel.

 

Currently there are two branches, one based on v4.4.55-cip3, and the other based on v4.4.69-cip4.

 

Please use the “shmobile_defconfig” configuration when compiling, and use r8a7743-iwg20m.dtb. uImage LOADADDR should be set to "0x40008000". For u-boot environment settings, please see the iWave documentation that should come with the boards.

 

 

[1] https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip

[2] http://www.iwavesystems.com/rz-g1m-qseven-development-kit.html

 

Kind regards, Chris


New repository request kernelci-frontend-config

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

in order to fix the technical issue explained early this week in the mailing list and take control of how future changes in the kernelci-frontend-config upstream repo, we need to mirror in cip-testing subgroup that repository from Github.

So in cip-testing subgroup I need to create a new repo:

Name: kernelci-frontend-config

mirror of https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-frontend-config

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


CIP testing project: outcome of the OSSJ

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Dear CIP friends,

as you know, B@D was released right before OSSJ started. I would like to thank the LF and the CIP board for doing the extra effort to go through the license clearance/approval process on time. I would also like to thank my colleagues at Codethink for putting extra hours on the release to make it happen right before the event.

++ B@D at the CIP open workshop

I invested about 20 min talking about what B@D is about and about the next steps in the CIP testing project. The intention is to repeat the workshop at ELCE. Hopefully there we will have a technical session and even a training session, if there is enough interest.

++ B@D at the CIP booth

I was happily surprised when I saw that Renesas made it and could show B@D working at the CIP booth on their new dev board to test the CIP kernel. They will need some time to publish and upstream the board support but they are working on it. It was a simple still great demo. Congrats.

++ B@D release impact

It was of great help to have the Twitter account set up before the release so we could make some noise with the release and get some followers to start with.

Specially cool was to have the Chinese translations of the release social media messages:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingmanagement#marketing-material-and-plan

Thanks SZ Lin. I hope we had some hits in Taiwan and maybe in China. We will try to get additional translations the next time.

I will be collecting some references/mentions of the release in this ticket: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/89 Feel free to add those you are aware of.

I plan to submit a talk about our progress in the testing front for ELCE. Action 2: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting

++ Release feedback

As expected, most of the people I talked to about B@D or approached me at OSSJ/ALS did not know much about it so I spent most of the time explaining what it is, the use-case behind it, why we needed such a tool, what will be our relation with upstream, etc.

I am a member of the AGL CIAT group. AGL have a new project to build a testing infrastructure service so I spent some time talking to other CIAT members about it and how we can join forces, assuming that the service architecture AGL is going for (semi-centralised) and ours (decentralised) has significant differences. Some of the tools will be the same though so there will be cross-roads that we will need to detect (even anticipate) and take advantage of to collaborate.

I also had an interesting conversation with Alan Bennet, Director at Linaro. We worked together back in the days when kernelci.org was designed and developed within Linaro. He was interested in the use case behind B@D. Since I had a talk at ALS about testing in automotive, I mentioned B@D too. As you probably know, Linaro is the organization behind LAVA and KernelCI, the tools used in kernelci.org

++ Improvements or requests

I got two requests from the event that has been already discussed within the testing team:

* B@D running behind a proxy: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/99
** We will need help from contributors to test the changes out of this ticket, specially from those of you who work behind a proxy.

* B@D working on Windows: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/106
** It would be of great help if any of you help us with this use case, since we do not use Windows machines on daily basis. If there are no takers, we will do it.

Feel free to join the CIP testing team on Friday at 10:00 UTC through Google Hangout to discuss the above or any other topic related with B@D or testing at CIP: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/codethink.co.uk/team-event-cip?hceid=YWd1c3Rpbi5iZW5pdG9AY29kZXRoaW5rLmNvLnVr.m6jv292u7masvpa1lb221rom1g&authuser=1

Did you get any additional feedback?

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Some outcome of the OSSJ event

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 14/06/17 15:33, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

1.- During the Open Source Summit Japan two blog post were published on
the CIP website apart from the B@D release announcement.

The first one was written by Nori:
https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/06/07/event-report-open-source-summit-japan-2017


I wrote the second one:
https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/06/01/board-at-desk-bd-and-forthcoming-challenges


You can follow these and other updates through our brand new twitter
account: @cip_project

2.- I was glad to see Renesas showing B@D at the CIP booth with their
RZ/G1M board. As I have mentioned before, CIP booth was one of the top
ones. I mean it. Congratulations to Hitachi, Toshiba, Plat'Home and
Renesas crew for the effort and the results.

3.- Check the slides from Yoshi's talk at OSSJ about CIP:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences
It was well attended.

4.- I really liked Wolfgang's talk providing an overview of Real Time
OSs. It required more time than he had but still was worth it. Let's
wait for the videos.

5.- The CIP TSC meeting was intense. Check the minutes:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may302017


6.- Any feedback from the open workshop? I would like to hear what you
have to hear before providing mine :-)
7.- Have you read the CIP Whitepaper that was presented at the event? Link: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/_media/civilinfrastructureplatform/whitepaper_short.pdf (direct link).

There was a printed version in Japanese at the booth. I assume it won't be long before that version is also published in our wiki.

Anything else that should be mentioned? I will write about B@D in a separate mail.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Some outcome of the OSSJ event

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

1.- During the Open Source Summit Japan two blog post were published on the CIP website apart from the B@D release announcement.

The first one was written by Nori: https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/06/07/event-report-open-source-summit-japan-2017

I wrote the second one: https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/06/01/board-at-desk-bd-and-forthcoming-challenges

You can follow these and other updates through our brand new twitter account: @cip_project

2.- I was glad to see Renesas showing B@D at the CIP booth with their RZ/G1M board. As I have mentioned before, CIP booth was one of the top ones. I mean it. Congratulations to Hitachi, Toshiba, Plat'Home and Renesas crew for the effort and the results.

3.- Check the slides from Yoshi's talk at OSSJ about CIP: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences It was well attended.

4.- I really liked Wolfgang's talk providing an overview of Real Time OSs. It required more time than he had but still was worth it. Let's wait for the videos.

5.- The CIP TSC meeting was intense. Check the minutes: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may302017


6.- Any feedback from the open workshop? I would like to hear what you have to hear before providing mine :-)


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Where to follow or report the CIP testing project bugs

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

in order to follow the CIP testing project current bugs or reporting new ones, please go to https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards/322796?&label_name[]=bug

You will need to have a gitlab.com account to report them.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 13/06/17 22:30, Annie Fisher wrote:
Greetings,

I've submitted for the cip-testing-results
<mailto:cip-testing-results@...> mail list and have
added Agustin as the administrator. This process usually takes 1-2
days, so will come back to this group once the mail list has been finalized.
Thank you very much.


Take care and hope you all are well.
I enjoyed the event. I think CIP organised a great booth at OSSJ.


Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
web: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/
email: afisher@... <mailto:afisher@...>


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

public, please so people can join.




On 13 June 2017 18:41:07 CEST, Annie Fisher
<afisher@... <mailto:afisher@...>>
wrote:

Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information. One more question: would you
like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator
approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
web: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/
<https://www.linuxfoundation.org/>
email: afisher@...
<mailto:afisher@...>


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>> wrote:

Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...
<mailto:cip-testing-results@...>
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman
interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:

Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on
milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...
<mailto:cip-testing-results@...>

Best Regards

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>



--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: CIP testing team meetings

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 10/05/17 16:00, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 27/04/17 10:55, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

since we are geographically distributed, the guys from Codethink
involved in the Board at Desk development meet through Google Hangout
Tuesdays and Thursdays.

If any of you is interested in asking questions to the developers
directly or simply follow up where we are at, feel free to join on
Thursdays at 11:00 UK time (12:00 CEST). That is in a few minutes today.
We will have a meeting through hangout tomorrow Thursday at 10:00 UTC

Link to the hangout:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/codethink.co.uk/team-event-cip?hceid=YWd1c3Rpbi5iZW5pdG9AY29kZXRoaW5rLmNvLnVr.6nlrt0lrh4sf9dd71qruh3qbm4&authuser=1



We will approve your join request right away.
The weekly team meeting that takes place on Thursdays will be moved to Friday this week due to a fire simulation. Hence it will take lace on Friday June 16th at 10:00 UTC

Best Regards


--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Greetings,

I've submitted for the cip-testing-results mail list and have added Agustin as the administrator.  This process usually takes 1-2 days, so will come back to this group once the mail list has been finalized.

Take care and hope you all are well.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi,

public, please so people can join.




On 13 June 2017 18:41:07 CEST, Annie Fisher <afisher@...> wrote:
Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information.  One more question:  would you like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@....uk> wrote:
Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...project.org
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...project.org

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

public, please so people can join.



On 13 June 2017 18:41:07 CEST, Annie Fisher <afisher@...> wrote:
Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information.  One more question:  would you like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...project.org
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...project.org

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Greetings Agustin,

Thank you for this information.  One more question:  would you like this to be a mail list that is private (the moderator approves all those who subscribe)?

Thanks so much...will work to get this set up ASAP.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...project.org
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.


On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...project.org

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


kernelci-frontend-config missing from wiki/downloads

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

In the 0.9.1 release the kernelci-frontend-config archive has been
missed from the download page for the sources, this has now been
rectified. It was also missing from the features page and this is in
the process of amendment.

Apologies to anyone who downloaded all the sources thinking they had the
complete set, you will need to revisit
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload
and download the extra file and its associated checksum and gpg sig.

We will also add kernelci-frontend-config to our list of mirrored git
repos https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/ but need to sort out
administration for this.

Robert


Re: The Beaglebone black health check supplied in b@d 0.9.1 will no longer run

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...> writes:

The 0.9.1 release of b@d contains a health check for the beaglebone
black which uses various build artifacts on the linaro website at:

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4

this directory has been moved and the files are now at

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1

If you have the Vagrant install you will need to change the suggested
test at tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml to reflect the new location
and edit the BBB health check if you have already installed that.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevsetup#configure-the-lava-health-check-jobs-for-both-devices

bbb_debian_local.yaml makes one reference to the linaro location which
will also need changing if you use that file in association with
lava-tool.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingreferencetestcases#test-5use-lava-tool-utility

The issue https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/103
has been created to track this issue.

We intend to update the git repository and release a new provisioned box
later this week to resolve this issue.
Having thought more about this issue we would like to put forward the
following suggestion. Note that the URLs in the following are not
working they are only there as placeholders! Comments on the proposed
solution are welcome!

* Proposed solution to the issues with the Beaglebone health check

In the short term we propose that we create a tar archive of a new
version of the tests directory which we upload to the downloads area.

The differences between that archive and the one in the provisioned box
are at the end of this message. We will though upload the actual files
rather than the differences (though we could provide just the diff and explain
how to apply them?)

*** Important ***
These changes need applying whether the user is using b@d from git or the pre-provisioned box.

The Known issue section on this will include the following workaround:
------------------------------------------------------------------
The installation procedure is as follows:

On the VM
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.tgz.notworking
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.sha256sum.notworking
wget https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/download.cip-project.org/ciptesting/b%40d/b%40d_v0_9_1/box/tests-0.9.1.tgz.sig.notworking

* A standard section on using SHA256sum and GPG to check integrity and signature of
these tests will be included.

Then:

cd /vagrant
sudo tar txf $DOWNLOADDIR/tests-0.9.1.tgz

If you have already created a Beaglebone black health check then you
need to replace it with the new /vagrant/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml

In the longer term there will be a 0.9.2 release of b@d which will
include a local version of initramfs and versions of the BBB kernel to
provide an initial health check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Differences in tests:

diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
index acaaa5c..5dd7e1d 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_local.yaml
@@ -33,7 +33,7 @@ actions:
url: http://localhost:8010/TREE/BRANCH/TAG/arm/omap2plus_defconfig/zImage
ramdisk:
# for the moment download from linaro
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
index b9ff381..2a291e0 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml
@@ -29,19 +29,19 @@ actions:
minutes: 4
to: tftp
kernel:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/vmlinuz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/vmlinuz
ramdisk:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
modules:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/modules.tar.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/modules.tar.gz
compression: gz
# despite this being a Debian initramfs, it is not a complete Debian rootfs, so use oe compatibility
os: oe
dtb:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb

# BOOT_BLOCK
- boot:
diff --git a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
index 4168acb..a7ca2c6 100644
--- a/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
+++ b/tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test2.yaml
@@ -29,19 +29,19 @@ actions:
minutes: 4
to: tftp
kernel:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/vmlinuz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/vmlinuz
ramdisk:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/initramfs.cpio.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/initramfs.cpio.gz
compression: gz
# the bootloader needs a u-boot header on the modified ramdisk
add-header: u-boot
modules:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/modules.tar.gz
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/modules.tar.gz
compression: gz
# despite this being a Debian initramfs, it is not a complete Debian rootfs, so use oe compatibility
os: oe
dtb:
- url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb
+ url: http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1/dtbs/am335x-boneblack.dtb

# BOOT_BLOCK
- boot:


Re: Request of a new mailing list

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi Annie,

the data for the mailing list is:
* Proposed name: cip-testing-results@...
* Admin: agustin.benito@...
** I would add a second person from a different company.

I will configure the mailing list through the mailman interface once I have the credentials.

On 31/05/17 07:22, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order for the CIP testing project to start working on milestone 2 we
need to have a mailing list to provide test-results.

The proposed name for the list is:

cip-testing-results@...

Best Regards
Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Request to create two new repositories

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 31/05/17 07:24, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

in order to start working on CIP testing Action 2, we will need to
create a new repository to host tests and another one for logs.
It was requested at the last CIP TSC meeting that I provide further information for the needed repositories to be approved.

1.- We will need one repository to collect and store existing tests with Open Source licenses that are not included in the CIP charter.

Name: upstream-kernel-tests
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing

2.- We will need a repository to collect the tests developed within the CIP project, that will be published under CIP approved licenses.

Name: cip-kernel-tests
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project

3.- We will need a repository to collect the logs of the reference tests for each feature. From the compliance perspective, it is uncertain to me the license that these logs will have since it might be tied up to the license of the tests and the license of the code being tested. To reduce the risks I propose to add this repo in the Gitlab third party license code subgroup, cip-testing.

Name: CIP-kernel-test-logs
Location: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing

Please consider this proposal for potential approval.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


The Beaglebone black health check supplied in b@d 0.9.1 will no longer run

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

The 0.9.1 release of b@d contains a health check for the beaglebone
black which uses various build artifacts on the linaro website at:

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/4

this directory has been moved and the files are now at

http://snapshots.linaro.org/components/lava/standard/debian/jessie/armhf/1

If you have the Vagrant install you will need to change the suggested
test at tests/bbb_debian_ramdisk_test.yaml to reflect the new location
and edit the BBB health check if you have already installed that.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevsetup#configure-the-lava-health-check-jobs-for-both-devices

bbb_debian_local.yaml makes one reference to the linaro location which
will also need changing if you use that file in association with
lava-tool.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingreferencetestcases#test-5use-lava-tool-utility

The issue https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/103
has been created to track this issue.

We intend to update the git repository and release a new provisioned box
later this week to resolve this issue.

Robert


Meeting minutes for TSC F2F meeting

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi,

I uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC meeting on 30th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may302017

I apoologies for this delay.

Best regards,
Yoshi


Re: Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Katayama-san,

-----Original Message-----
From: Takehisa Katayama [mailto:takehisa.katayama.bx@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 11:52 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: Kernel for RZ/G1M Dev kit

Hi Daniel,

This is for another board, and the patch set for Renesas RZ/G1M board is maintained on our private git at this moment.

But we are preparing to create a private repository to publish it (maybe, disclose to member companies first).

So please wait for a week.
OK, no problem.

Thanks,
Daniel


On 2017/06/05 16:11, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Katayama-san,

I managed to follow the quickstart guide for the Renesas RZ/G1M board
and also rebuild the kernel 3.10.

Now, I'm planning to use the CIP kernel. I have noticed there are quite a few
patches for linux-stable 4.4 which seem to be for the R-Car Generation 2 based board
but compatible with RZ/G1M

https://github.com/renesas-rz/meta-renesas/tree/yocto_2.0/meta-rzg1/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas

Should I apply these patches?
Is there any git repository I should look at instead?

Thanks,
Daniel



.

8321 - 8340 of 8627