Date

Re: Do we have bug in the Vagrantfile @ https://gitlab.com/rajm/board-at-desk-single-dev/blob/master/Vagrantfile

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>

_nobody_ _nobody_ <nobodyless@...> writes:

Hello to the list,

This @ is insignificant, but we need to know if this is the typo in
the comment (seems like that, although for host it could be both 8080
or 80 values).

File: https://gitlab.com/rajm/board-at-desk-single-dev/blob/master/Vagrantfile

43: # Forward port 80 for the http Lava Frontend Web Server <<= PORT 80
44: config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 8080, host: 8080

Please, do note that I use my backup @, since I am (on my main
(although I should say, traffic on this one is very low). ;-)

Thank you,
Zoran Stojsavljevic
Zoran

Well spotted, I've added an issue for this so that it doesn't get lost!
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/171

Robert

Do we have bug in the Vagrantfile @ https://gitlab.com/rajm/board-at-desk-single-dev/blob/master/Vagrantfile

_nobody_ _nobody_ <nobodyless@...>

Hello to the list,

This @ is insignificant, but we need to know if this is the typo in
the comment (seems like that, although for host it could be both 8080
or 80 values).

File: https://gitlab.com/rajm/board-at-desk-single-dev/blob/master/Vagrantfile

43: # Forward port 80 for the http Lava Frontend Web Server <<= PORT 80
44: config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 8080, host: 8080

Please, do note that I use my backup @, since I am (on my main
(although I should say, traffic on this one is very low). ;-)

Thank you,
Zoran Stojsavljevic

Today's CIP News

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

CIP Community:

Today, the CIP project announced Moxa has joined as a Silver Member. You can view the full press release here: https://www.cip-project.org/announcement/2018/01/18/industry-leader-moxa-joins-civil-infrastructure-platform-project

Please share this news with your social networks. Sample promotions are below.

welcome @moxainc to the @cip_project! We look forward to working with you to develop an #interoperable #opensource platform that is #secure, #reliable #sustainable for more than 10 years: http://bit.ly/2DhwOx0

.@cip_project welcomes @moxainc as a silver member that will #collaborate with other industry leaders to create a reliable, secure, #Linux based #embedded #software platform: http://bit.ly/2DhwOx0 #industrial

LinkedIn or Facebook:
Today, the Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) project welcomes Moxa as a Silver Member. The membership strengthen’s Moxa’s commitment to building smart cities and offers CIP additional leadership to help develop industrial grade open source software. http://bit.ly/2DhwOx0

Thanks for your help in spreading the great news!
Maemalynn

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 4.4.15-cip15-rt10

Daniel Wagner <daniel.wagner@...>

On 01/11/2018 05:51 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Thu, 2018-01-11 at 09:07 +0100, Daniel Wagner wrote:
Good morning everyone,

On 01/10/2018 06:32 PM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
[...]
Daniel: you have the release currently in a git tree within his "user"
namespace and did not upload it to k.o. Do you plan upload it to the
stable-rt tree like Julia does and upload it to the "projects/rt/4.4"
folder on k.o.? If so we might just add a link to the cip wiki next to
4.4 and be done with it.
Steven will ask the k.o folks to give me permission to upload to
projects/rt/4.4. In short nothing should change for 4.4-rt support as
long Greg is releasing 4.4.

As for 4.4-cip(-rt), it might make sense to have a project/cip shared
folder with the 4.4-cip and 4.4-cip-rt tree.

Ben, what's your stand on this?
No-one's asked for tarballs and patches, so I don't really want to add
that step to the release process.
Fair enough ;)

Re: Meltdown and Spectre in CIP

Chris Paterson

Hello Ben,

Thank you for the summary.

From: Trung. Huynh [mailto:trung.huynh.uw@...]
..

Please let me confirm just in case. Am I right if I say that you
plan to you submit not only the kernel configuration flags but also test dependency definitions to cip core, and the corresponding yaml files for B@D?.
If that's correct I will be glad to accept them.
Yes, we would love to be apart in B@D with our contribution for who need to take our test suites as a testing plan.
We do not promise this is to become excellent suites but we do our
best to have a good things that somebody to think about at first
OK, that's great!

Regarding shmobile_defconfig, attachment shows up for you.
Thanks, you only changed these flags right?
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=250000
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=4
You're right, the cip-core I pulled down from global site without
changing anything, it just be changed those flags and built under standalone of Linaro's cross compiler.
I just realized that you might be using the wrong branch of cip-core. You should be using the "master" branch not the "jethro"
one which was used and frozen for the cip-core release and the quickstart wiki page (the master branch depends on "morty").
The jethro branch was using a non-official CIP kernel repository (https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip) but on the master branch we are using the official CIP kernel. For that reason, shmobile_defconfig on the main branch is different and some drivers have not been merged yet.
Please could you check which branch you are using?
Is v4.4.55-cip3 the "Jethro" one? Because I saw this is the build I was use.

I have added your kernel configuration changes:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/commit/c1efa6325909815731abe0b69ec7e19e2e56aee7
Please let me know if that works for you.
Anyway, let get back to master branch with flags from your suggestion, the issue seems get to worse than previous one:
After uboot pull necessary packages on RAM up, it get stuck at:

Starting kernel ...

Nothing print out after this, so we didn't explore what occurring
I also tried to test with v4.4.83-cip8 if any possibility to solve the problem but same things

Could you show me how you built cip-core using Linaro's cross compiler?
By the way, cip-core builds its own toolchain, are you using Linaro's to reduce build time?
In circle development process, we build up our target packages by Yocto
But for this cip-core testing with B@D, I'm using the compiler which to be installed via Ubuntu's repository:
gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1)

On 2018-01-09 21:31:34 [+0000], Hindman, Gavin wrote:
Sorry for the top-post. Seems like maybe we are causing confusion by regularly announcing CIP releases on rt-users. Wouldn't anyone interested in CIP already be subscribed to that mailing list and getting announcements that way? Maybe it just needs a clearer header, if we think it should stay on rt-users?
I think the announcement was just fine. Now I do know what it does and
what will happen after Greg decides to put 4.4 EOL.

A pointer to [0] as part of the announcement might be help full. In the
end I think it should remain on rt-users since Steven won't continue
doing 4.4 stable. So Daniel's 4.4-RT on top of the CIP tree will be the
only source of a maintained 4.4-RT tree.

[0] wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipkernelmaintenance

Maybe a "related projects" section should be created at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/preempt_rt_versions ?
So what do have in mind? Moving v4.4-RT over to the "No longer
maintained PREEMPT_RT versions" section and adding a new one with
"related projects" where we add the 4.4-cip-rt tree?
Steven is handing over the 4.4 to me (*). So I'll maintain the 4.4-rt
and 4.4-cip-rt. I'll expect that they wont differ too much. Famous last
words.

Daniel: you have the release currently in a git tree within his "user"
namespace and did not upload it to k.o. Do you plan upload it to the
stable-rt tree like Julia does and upload it to the "projects/rt/4.4"
folder on k.o.? If so we might just add a link to the cip wiki next to
4.4 and be done with it.
Steven will ask the k.o folks to give me permission to upload to
projects/rt/4.4. In short nothing should change for 4.4-rt support as
long Greg is releasing 4.4.

As for 4.4-cip(-rt), it might make sense to have a project/cip shared
folder with the 4.4-cip and 4.4-cip-rt tree.

Ben, what's your stand on this?

(*) I finally figured out the last pieces how to do a release and
upload to k.o.

Re: B@D: iwg20m support

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>

Dear Trung san,

[...]

New CIP Blog Post

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>

CIP Community:

This month, we’re featuring Siemens in our monthly member spotlight series. The blog is live and can be found here: https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2018/01/09/cip-member-spotlight-siemens.

As always, we ask that you help share this with your social networks. You can retweet us here: https://twitter.com/cip_project/status/950849986119561216

Or, you can use the below suggested tweet.

.@cip_project shares a new blog post that features @Siemens and their commitment to #innovation, member activities and what the future holds: http://bit.ly/2CXGmQU #linuxfoundation #blog

Additionally, we wanted to mention that we’re always looking for volunteers to draft blog posts. If you are interested in drafting a technical blog post, please email me at maemalynn@.... The process is simple: you submit the blog —> we review it, if we make any changes we send it back to you for final review —> the blog gets posted and promoted via social media.

Thank you!

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <bigeasy@...>

On 2018-01-09 21:31:34 [+0000], Hindman, Gavin wrote:
[...]

Other suggestions?

-gavin
Sebastian

Meltdown and Spectre in CIP

[...]

Hi Ben,

  https://ci-rt.linutronix.de/RT-Test/kbuild.jsp?id=112

Some of the builds are failing (allmodconfig), though it
doesn't look cip-rt specific, eg:

    kernel/utilities/compiletest-runner@2/build/../include/linux/compiler.h:484 call to ‘__compiletime_assert_150’ declared with attribute error: BUILD_BUG_ON failed: hw_flag_names[NUM_IEEE80211_HW_FLAGS] != (void *)0x1
Not sure how to handle those. IIRC, we don't support allmodconfig.
yes but adding
  68920c973254 ("net/mac80211/debugfs.c: prevent build failure with
  CONFIG_UBSAN=y")

could solve the issue.
Okay, I just don't know if Ben wants to add the patch to his tree though.
If the patch solves the issue then please forward the patch upstream.
The "normal" v4.4 stable tree is affected by this, too.
4.4-stable doesn't have UBSAN. Are some other configurations (or
compiler versions) where this code fails to build? (I'm a bit
surprised that it ever compiled!)
The problem was introduced by 30686bf7f5b3 ("mac80211: convert HW flags
to unsigned long bitmap"). The only LTS kernel which is missing the
68920c973254 ("net/mac80211/debugfs.c: prevent build failure with
CONFIG_UBSAN=y") fix is the 4.4. The other don't have 30686bf7f5b3, e.g.
4.1, or have 30686bf7f5b3 and 68920c973254, e.g. 4.9.

I've sent 68920c973254 to stable for inclusion into 4.4.

https://www.spinics.net/lists/stable/msg209228.html

Re: B@D: iwg20m support

Trung. Huynh <trung.huynh.uw@...>

Dear Daniel,

On 2018-01-08 11:13:12 [+0100], Daniel Wagner wrote:
Hi Sebastian,
Hi Daniel,

On 2018-01-02 12:56:11 [+0100], Daniel Wagner wrote:
The release is based on the Linux 4.4.75-rt88 version. That is I
applied the -rt88 patch on the 4.4.75-cip6 kernel and merged in
all CIP releases.
what is cip6?
CIP stands for Civil Infrastructure Platform [1]. Ben Hutchings
maintains the 4.4.x-cip kernel tree which is a super long stable tree [2].
So 4.4.x is maintained until Feb, 2022. I assumed that `cip' will take
over / help Greg with the v4.4 tree and won't include its "own" things.
The 4.4-cip branch is not a regular stable branch. It includes some backported
hardware enablement and other minor features that aren't suitable for
stable. I am helping with review for 4.4-stable and regularly merge it into 4.4-
cip, but it's *not* planned for CIP to take over maintenance of stable
branches. After EOL for 4.4-stable, 4.4-cip will get fixes for only the kernel
components that CIP members use.