Date   

B @ D 0.9 Gold Master

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

We are about to close https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/85 -
B @ D 0.9 Gold Master declaration and thus we are declaring that the Gold
Master for release 0.9 is ready and we will move onto the deployment
phase (issue 86).

Thank you for your support, encouragement and even (especially?) the bug
reports.

Robert


CIP TSC meeting minutes (15 May 2017)

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi all,

I uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC conference call on 15th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may152017

Best regards,
Yoshi


Re: Twitter account

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi All,

To avoid taken the account by someone, I have taken @cip_project.
Unfortunately, @cip-project does not work. because of Twitter's limitation.

In any case, I would like to make sure if LF has already taken an
account for CIP, or not.

Best regards,
Yoshi

On 2017/05/12 17:43, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 12/05/17 09:05, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in
this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.
Either that one or @cip-project would work. I have no strong preference.


Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a
Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is
coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: Twitter account

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 12/05/17 09:05, Chris Paterson wrote:
Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.
Either that one or @cip-project would work. I have no strong preference.


Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Twitter account

Chris Paterson
 

Hello,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of KOBAYASHI Yoshitake
Sent: 12 May 2017 03:55
Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?
Sounds good to me.

Kind regards, Chris


Best regards,
Yoshi


On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often
etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is of
course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the hard
thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a
bad start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the
influence that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for
2018 based on the numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets
once any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and
we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: Twitter account

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi Agustin,

If LF has already acquired an account for CIP and can be shared in this project,
I think this is the best option. If not, how about @cip_project?

Best regards,
Yoshi

On 2017/05/12 1:02, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
hard thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a bad
start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the influence
that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for 2018 based on the
numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets once
any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: Twitter account

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 31/03/17 12:05, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi all,

On 31.03.2017 12:51, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
On 31/03/17 11:26, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
On 30.03.2017 15:33, Noriaki Fukuyasu wrote:

I think this is a great idea.
The challenge is how to manage the posts (who, what and how often etc).
Anyway, let me think over this.
marketing and creating public awareness of our endeavour is
of course good -- keeping up regular activity is going to be the
hard thing. But if we publish

* new software releases (board at desk, kernel)
* member presentations at conferences
The above will allow us to have one tweet per month which is not a bad
start. I prefer less tweets but relevant than a lot of noise.


we should at least have some base activity. I'm wondering, though,
what we intend to achieve with the account? (except that everybody
needs to have a Twitter account these days, as it seems :))
This is always a good question.

We can focus on:
1.- Increase the number of developers subscribed to our mailing list.
2.- increase the number of developers subscribed to our #IRC channel.
Currently we have around 20 people.
3.- Increase the number of downloads of our materials: VM images
(tools), slides from conferences.
4.- Increase the viewers of the videos of our conferences.

All the above objectives can be measurable together with the influence
that twitter has on them so we can determine goals for 2018 based on the
numbers we get in this first 2017.
... which suggests that we should also do after-conference tweets once
any materials (slides, videos) have been published.

Thanks, Wolfgang


Thanks, Wolfgang

regards

Nori


On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>>
wrote:

Hi,

maybe we can start the support of our promo efforts with a Twitter
account. I would also think about a hashtag
I would like to bring back this topic now that the B@D release is coming and we will have a strong presence at OSSJ.

Possible names:
* @lfcip (taken)
* @civilip
* @civilOS (taken)
* @OScip (taken)
* @projectcip


Suggestions?


Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
<mailto:agustin.benito@...>
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
<mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
<https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev>




--
Noriaki Fukuyasu

The Linux Foundation
Mail: fukuyasu@...
<mailto:fukuyasu@...>
Tel: +81-80-4350-1133
Twitter: nori_fukuyasu
Facebook: linuxfoundationjp

Please visit our web sites:
http://www.linuxfoundation.jp
http://events.linuxfoundation.jp
http://jp.linux.com



_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Board at desk v0.9 release schedule

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

during today's meeting, I got input from the engineers about the two ship-stoppers we have been facing the last few days:
* lava-tool integration #76: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/76
* Issues related with different U-boot version associated to BBB #53: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/53

They are no longer ship-stoppers so we will declare gold master on Monday May 15th and release on Tuesday May 23rd.

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: CIP testing team meetings

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 27/04/17 10:55, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Hi,

since we are geographically distributed, the guys from Codethink
involved in the Board at Desk development meet through Google Hangout
Tuesdays and Thursdays.

If any of you is interested in asking questions to the developers
directly or simply follow up where we are at, feel free to join on
Thursdays at 11:00 UK time (12:00 CEST). That is in a few minutes today.
We will have a meeting through hangout tomorrow Thursday at 10:00 UTC

Link to the hangout:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/codethink.co.uk/team-event-cip?hceid=YWd1c3Rpbi5iZW5pdG9AY29kZXRoaW5rLmNvLnVr.6nlrt0lrh4sf9dd71qruh3qbm4&authuser=1



We will approve your join request right away.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: script for health check (or any script which involves uploading kernel to BBB)

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 10/05/17 14:20, Robert Marshall wrote:
The kernelci-build uploads the kernel (for a BBB build) to

http://localhost:8010/cip-bbb1/cip_v4.4.27/v4.4.27/arm/omap2plus_defconfig/

So that's

http://localhost:8010/$TREE_NAME/$BRANCH/$TAG/$ARCH/omap2plus_defconfig/

I think the ARCH can be embedded in the script (otherwise we'd need to
embed omap2plus_defconfig too..) so we just need a script using the
other 3 values which can then sed a base yaml file creating the
correct urls outputting it to a new file and then running lava-tool on
that will upload and test that kernel build to the BBB

TREE_NAME can be taken from the environment variable (if it's not set -
if for example the kernel wasn't build on this login) request the user
to set it before running the script

BRANCH and TAG can be retrieved via git commands much as build.py does

So my intention is to create a script in /vagrant/scripts which is run

/vagrant/scripts/create_test.sh input.yaml output.yaml which takes a
yaml file - which could be in the release or a new one created by a B@D
user and outputs a file (the second parameter) which can then be used in
a lava-tool command


Thoughts? Counter suggestions?
In phase two of the CIP testing project, we will need to sign the builds and provide them in a repo (or a place easily downloadable) so any tester can pick it up and test it, sending the report to a specific mailing list.

So the script will need to consider that repo as the external source for the build for "validation purposes".

At the same time, kernel maintainers will probably want the capability to create their own builds locally to be tested in their own machine, taking full advantage of the VM we are about to release.

Hence I believe these two scenarios will need to be considered in phase two. It would be good that somehow you prepare this future by documenting the script for this release, so it is easier to adapt it in the near future.



Robert
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


script for health check (or any script which involves uploading kernel to BBB)

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

The kernelci-build uploads the kernel (for a BBB build) to

http://localhost:8010/cip-bbb1/cip_v4.4.27/v4.4.27/arm/omap2plus_defconfig/

So that's

http://localhost:8010/$TREE_NAME/$BRANCH/$TAG/$ARCH/omap2plus_defconfig/

I think the ARCH can be embedded in the script (otherwise we'd need to
embed omap2plus_defconfig too..) so we just need a script using the
other 3 values which can then sed a base yaml file creating the
correct urls outputting it to a new file and then running lava-tool on
that will upload and test that kernel build to the BBB

TREE_NAME can be taken from the environment variable (if it's not set -
if for example the kernel wasn't build on this login) request the user
to set it before running the script

BRANCH and TAG can be retrieved via git commands much as build.py does

So my intention is to create a script in /vagrant/scripts which is run

/vagrant/scripts/create_test.sh input.yaml output.yaml which takes a
yaml file - which could be in the release or a new one created by a B@D
user and outputs a file (the second parameter) which can then be used in
a lava-tool command


Thoughts? Counter suggestions?


Robert


CIP TSC meeting minutes (08 May 2017)

Yoshitake Kobayashi
 

Hi all,

I have uploaded meeting minutes for CIP TSC conference call on 8th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/tsc-meetings/tsc_mm_may082017

As Agustin announced in this mail list, CIP workshop will be held on 30th May.
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwsossj2017

This workshop is open to all of you.
If you plan to attend the workshop, please feel free contact us by email.
If you aren't a CIP member, I will update above wiki page for you.

Best regards,
Yoshi


Re: CIP open workshop at OSSJ: May 30th from 15:00 to 17:00 hours

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Greetings all,

The Room Location has been updated on the wiki.

Cheers,
Annie

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PST
email: afisher@...


On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Hi,


On 03/05/17 11:16, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Dear CIP friends,

the day before the OSSJ starts, on May 30th, CIP will have a full day of
meetings.

We are organising an open workshop to talk, present, demo and work on
technical topics that might be of interest to this Initiative.

The workshop will take place from 15:00 hours to 17:00 hours on May 30th
in a room (to be determined) at the OSSJ venue.

Please follow up the news about this activity in our wiki page[1]

++ Open workshop. Who can participate?

The workshop is open to all of you who are interested, no matter if you
are CIP Members or not. For those of you who are not yet part of CIP, it
will be a great opportunity to know a little more about who we are and
what we do.

++ How can I register?

If you are attending, it is very important that you tell us in advance
since we need to plan the room capacity accordingly. There are two ways
in which you can confirm your participation:

1.- Through this mailing list, by providing the following information:
    * Name.
    * Company.
    * Position/role.
    * Topics you are interested on.

2.- Directly adding your name to the participants table on the wiki[1].

Please check the wiki page anyway for updates. Again, this is an open
workshop. Feel free to join.

++ Can I propose topics?

Yes. Please send your suggestions to this cip-dev mailing list so we
create the agenda as soon as possible.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings

[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwsossj2017

The content of the OSSJ workshop has been moved.




Best Regards


--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: CIP open workshop at OSSJ: May 30th from 15:00 to 17:00 hours

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 03/05/17 11:16, Agustin Benito Bethencourt wrote:
Dear CIP friends,

the day before the OSSJ starts, on May 30th, CIP will have a full day of
meetings.

We are organising an open workshop to talk, present, demo and work on
technical topics that might be of interest to this Initiative.

The workshop will take place from 15:00 hours to 17:00 hours on May 30th
in a room (to be determined) at the OSSJ venue.

Please follow up the news about this activity in our wiki page[1]

++ Open workshop. Who can participate?

The workshop is open to all of you who are interested, no matter if you
are CIP Members or not. For those of you who are not yet part of CIP, it
will be a great opportunity to know a little more about who we are and
what we do.

++ How can I register?

If you are attending, it is very important that you tell us in advance
since we need to plan the room capacity accordingly. There are two ways
in which you can confirm your participation:

1.- Through this mailing list, by providing the following information:
* Name.
* Company.
* Position/role.
* Topics you are interested on.

2.- Directly adding your name to the participants table on the wiki[1].

Please check the wiki page anyway for updates. Again, this is an open
workshop. Feel free to join.

++ Can I propose topics?

Yes. Please send your suggestions to this cip-dev mailing list so we
create the agenda as soon as possible.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings
[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/cipwsossj2017

The content of the OSSJ workshop has been moved.



Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


[Lava-announce] 2017.5 production release

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi Don and Robert,

please check below the updates from the LAVA team. Since we are about to release, we will inspect these updates and their impact in B@D after the release.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Lava-announce] 2017.5 production release
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 14:15:38 +0100
From: Neil Williams <neil.williams@...>
Reply-To: linaro-validation@...
To: Lava Announce Mailman List <lava-announce@...>

jessie-backports
============

New package update required from jessie-backports.

sudo apt -t jessie-backports install python-voluptuous

This package is used to check the submission schema of V2 test jobs.
It is already installed for V2 support but 2017.5 requires an updated
version which already exists in jessie-backports. For a smooth upgrade
ensure this package is upgraded as above before installing 2017.5.

As with previous releases since 2016.12, the 2017.5 release is only
available from the lava repositories:
https://validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/installing_on_debian.html#lava-repositories

New device-type templates
===================

2017.5 includes a lot of new device-type templates and a number of V1
device-type configurations. These have been contributed to LAVA, as
part of the support for KernelCI, by community members. Many thanks to
all those who have contributed device-type support for this release.

Action names and effects on timeouts
===========================

2017.5 makes the individual names of actions in the source code
consistent across all classes and deployments. Where previously
power_off was available as an action name which could be specified in
timeouts and protocols, that action name now uses a hyphen instead of
the underscore, power-off. The same change has been made for all
classes across the V2 lava-dispatcher codebase. Future changes will
only be accepted using a hyphen to separate words, not underscores or
other characters.

This change affects V2 jinja2 templates as well as V2 test jobs (if
those jobs override the action timeout or call an action using
protocols.

The full list of changes is below:

lava-server
========

8ec2d6736 Fix jinja2 templates for default string handling
eb39ec0fd Extend bbb template check for ssh_host support.
55a251b87 Fix documentation example test job and remove unused
7769be718 Update docs for change in submit behaviour.
c10bf6197 Add more index items and detail on namespaces
b9686e5b1 Mark V1 XML-RPC functions as deprecated.
a0ac9894b Prevent health check warning when disabled
78f796eee more silencing of unit test logging
064bfabb9 Add a template for frdm-kw41z and delete a duplicate for k64f
a08df108d Silence logging in more unit tests
97dbd95b1 Extend power-off timeout for b2260
0e39966d4 device-types: add Hardkernel meson8b-odroidc1 board
b6151b003 Add support for aliases in device-type management
15589b8d1 Fix some typos in development documentation.
f476a351c device-types: base-uboot: use run bootcmd
6911b8502 Expand notes on reviews
cbbdcfcf4 Expand notes on code analysis around reviews
970e52230 Drop confirmation page on job submit for V2 jobs.
4a5050691 Device commands are allowed to be lists
cc60805db Adjust hikey template to allow target_mac and ip support
9d4878c40 Avoid forcing the date path immediately
68497b557 Remove the character_delay block override for d03
5aeed4aef Tags: fix HTML syntax errors
a0ae8a62d Update doc for adding a pipeline worker.
2f6287e71 Add Raspberry pi devices
69a8f40c4 Add collection of Exynos 4 and 5 devices
e31953519 Add more Tegra124 based devices
b843bfaec Add more r-car generation 3 devices
24d21cdb0 Add a note on https repositories and apt-transport-https package.
c3b852798 Expand notes on portability
c57c9f111 Fix doc to explain unprivileged containers and DUT interaction.
2018f705c Show the requested device tags in the job log page
96999537e Fix Action names (use - instead of _)
f0a272b4b Extend recent job support to requested device type
9040de9ca Add XML-RPC call to obtain job level metadata
a04086dd7 api: add get_recent_jobs_for_device
8bbd298f7 Set the documented flash_cmds_order for hikey
c9b9453d1 Migrate many U-boot devices to v2 configuration
613d17fb5 Tweak the developer workflow to skip devices/
c59cc6c31 Add a unit test for some of the new UBoot support.
e43e244b0 Remove unused imports and unused variables.
e2b3784f4 Fix pep8 error
af3cc6d42 Schema: Allow boolean variables in parameters
4d5861607 Allow is_valid check to operate correctly.
294bb62bd ensure device_type is checked
b8ce5ba49 Add a note on developer branches
11725bc3e doc: fix a small gap about test suites
6280b94d7 Add "sd" for removable media
21a5ecf6e Add "command" action to schema and device template
8db43278a Add schema validation for test/monitor/name in job definition.
0a5b1eaa3 tweak gitignore
e3f003f63 templates: remove duplicated blocks
f1331ef2e Exclude retired devices from Device Health table
790b39b9d master: use yaml.CLoader that is way faster
749a1081c Add notes on load balancing different bootloaders
26b822d67 Add note on how pyudev replaces / with _
cc9e4ea2c Allow to override U-boot bootcmd command
9a007665c Fix 500 when output.yaml is invalid
b3c2d162b Make it easier to spot incomplete test jobs
fe6af63a7 Improve job and device schema validation
4a568e261 Fix directory and file permissions
f33661ae4 env: fix comments about default values
fd6fe12b6 Fix scheduling when putting a device into looping
99b35ba79 Export the full lava-server version
da87efaa6 base-uboot.jinja2: add support for append_dtb and use_xip
babaef51d lava_scheduler_app: api: Add pipeline information to get_device_status
abe787872 Add a note on installing lava-dev
2b6ff1dca MASTER_CERT of lava-master should use secret key
d9e7e2c08 add recipients in notifications.yaml
44eb1b75b Move job outputs to sub-dirs based on submit-time
839b3ff19 Create directories with 0o755 by default
9459aae36 lava-master: call job.output_dir to get the path
8c9af4897 Fix description for devices and workers
541478930 Fix health-check tests by testing None and ''
68b33d572 Use job.output_dir whenever possible
d93df5f4f Add a management command to remove old jobs
bfd57121d Move unnecessary constants into base jinja template.

lava-dispatcher
===========

3be27df4 lxc protocol: simplify the tests
a5d9ebad Fix detection of missing ssh_host value in validate
234eef91 Fix calling of protocols after LXC change
477a36b7 tests: make ShellCommand.logger a DummyLogger
62867f49 Use images.validation.linaro.org files for unit tests
1868936c Silence logging in more unit tests
609c783c Fix download action name
b1701978 More tweaks to silence messages from the unit tests
29efa263 Adjust for pep8 checks in jessie
0733f89f Make sure the test_character_delay is used for all
commands in test shell
78d2509f Account for empty environment string.
ea09b19a Take namespace into account when counting test stages
734688c5 Declare namespace of the test suite in results
49a6b92c Drop noisy info log message.
4fd5d4af Drop unused imports and unused variables
678b216c Rework the removable action to allow sd cards
3b42122a Fix bug #2975 after qemu-nfs introduction
7462ea62 Expand LXC support to add devices from all sybsystems
b853865f Fix missing check for u-boot commands parameters
8293693c Replace invalid characters in test_case_id.
a94e0f24 Fix preseed/late_command appending
db03483a Fix Action names (use - instead of _)
9e836e64 Add a Command Action
bbd4ba25 Make the parser stricter about the block names
65b3a563 Allow to pass integers to run_command
b41326bc Raise JobError instead of NotImplementedError
073f3b34 update gitignore
00f5d33f log: limit the length of lines send other zmq
5b2b0746 LAVA-889 Fix handling of multiple test blocks
3bfdcdb6 Add support for use_xip
8df17dd7 Add support for append_dtb
3c110cae Remove unused imports
176a4d49 Add new utility function infrastructure_error_multi_paths
dc008eb5 Export the full version string.
daebfad1 Extend secondary connection fix to support primary
fae0ced5 Move unnecessary constants into base jinja template.
18f745bc device-types: add kirkwood-db-88f6282.conf
815e518d device-types: add at91sam9m10g45ek.conf
6ca0731f device-types: add at91rm9200ek.conf
003b53dc device-types: add at91-sama5d4_xplained.conf
9b2371cf device-types: add armada-3720-db.conf
5a767331 device-types: add armada-xp-gp.conf
8b050938 device-types: add kirkwood-openblocks_a7.conf
f5801d38 device-types: add alpine-v2-evp.conf
19e20276 device-types: add sama5d34ek.conf
49da704f device-types: add armada-385-db-ap.conf
ed7aa6b1 device-types: add armada-370-db.conf
9a104327 device-types: add at91-sama5d2_xplained.conf
ddb34cea device-types: add alpine-db.conf
f7642f58 device-types: add armada-375-db.conf
0d70c7dd device-types: add at91sam9x35ek.conf
a642d451 device-types: add armada-xp-db.conf
2a5ff9e4 device-types: add armada-7040-db.conf
1a439995 device-types: add orion5x-rd88f5182-nas.conf
ad855a62 device-types: add armada-xp-linksys-mamba.conf
58308ca1 device-types: add armada-388-gp.conf
6a2898bf device-types: add armada-370-rd.conf
cd1b4f47 device-types: add armada-398-db.conf
51925fb1 device-types: add sun8i-a83t-allwinner-h8homlet-v2.conf
4976d068 device-types: add sun8i-a33-sinlinx-sina33.conf
681480d5 device-types: add sama5d35ek.conf
db74d60e device-types: add sun5i-r8-chip.conf
40736b95 device-types: add sama5d36ek.conf
433be0a6 device-types: add imx6q-nitrogen6x.conf
ed4c82e6 device-types: add at91sam9x25ek.conf
ce7a488e device-types: add at91sam9261ek.conf
f87cdb49 device-types: add armada-xp-openblocks-ax3-4.conf
634442ca device-types: add armada-388-clearfog.conf


--

Neil Williams
=============
neil.williams@...
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/
_______________________________________________
Lava-announce mailing list
Lava-announce@...
https://lists.linaro.org/mailman/listinfo/lava-announce

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Creating a Linux kernel from the stock linux-cip repo

Don Brown <don.brown@...>
 

Hi Ben,

As I was working with the Beaglebone Black trying to get the health check to pass, it occurred to me that I don't know how to create a kernel specifically for the BBB using just the stock CIP Kernel from https://gitlab.com/cip-project/linux-cip

The linux-cip kernel doesn't have a defconfig for the Beaglebone Black, or for the AM335x CPU as far as I can tell.

The Linaro BBB Health Check pulls the am335x-boneblack.dtb from their repository, but it isn't clear what we need to add to the linux-cip to have KernelCI build the kernel from scratch. Can you please take a look and let us know?

The official repo is at:
https://github.com/beagleboard/linux

It has a bb.org_defconfig here: https://github.com/beagleboard/linux/blob/4.4/arch/arm/configs/bb.org_defconfig
Is that all we need?


Thank you!



--
Don Brown
Codethink, Ltd.
Software Engineering Consultant
Indianapolis, IN USA
Email: don.brown@...
Mobile: +1 317-560-0513


CIP open workshop at OSSJ: May 30th from 15:00 to 17:00 hours

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Dear CIP friends,

the day before the OSSJ starts, on May 30th, CIP will have a full day of meetings.

We are organising an open workshop to talk, present, demo and work on technical topics that might be of interest to this Initiative.

The workshop will take place from 15:00 hours to 17:00 hours on May 30th in a room (to be determined) at the OSSJ venue.

Please follow up the news about this activity in our wiki page[1]

++ Open workshop. Who can participate?

The workshop is open to all of you who are interested, no matter if you are CIP Members or not. For those of you who are not yet part of CIP, it will be a great opportunity to know a little more about who we are and what we do.

++ How can I register?

If you are attending, it is very important that you tell us in advance since we need to plan the room capacity accordingly. There are two ways in which you can confirm your participation:

1.- Through this mailing list, by providing the following information:
* Name.
* Company.
* Position/role.
* Topics you are interested on.

2.- Directly adding your name to the participants table on the wiki[1].

Please check the wiki page anyway for updates. Again, this is an open workshop. Feel free to join.

++ Can I propose topics?

Yes. Please send your suggestions to this cip-dev mailing list so we create the agenda as soon as possible.

[1] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences#workshops-and-meetings

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Update 2017wk17

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> writes:


* Instructions for downloading the VM box #74
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/74 ---> Feel free to
download the VM and test it!
....
* Prior to Health Check, you must telnet into the BBB as root, then
quit telnet without logging out. Fixed #28
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/28
I've updated https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/74 with a
comment so that the VM box can be issued with the fix for #28 as the
current box was exported before the fix was made.

Robert


Update 2017wk17

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

++ CIP testing

Release plan

* The tentative release date is May 16th.
** There is a label called "release" that will make easier to follow the release specific tasks.

* High level release plan #37 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/37

* Currently Robert Marshall and Don Brown are focusing on the release. I will take care of the some non-technical together with the management tasks.

* Some improvements needed in the wiki has been identified before the release:
** Wiki content improvements #44 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/44
** v0.9 release: feature page #38 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/38
** v0.9 release: Technical documentation #39 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/39
** Version numbers of software in wiki incorrect #72 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/72

Download service

* We have an issue with the certificates of the S3 service. Codethink operations team is looking into it.
** The service works but it would be ideal to fix the issue before the release #69 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/69

* Instructions for downloading the VM box #74 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/74 ---> Feel free to download the VM and test it!

kernelci update

* As reported, we updated kernelci to match upstream which impacted us. We have fixed all the issues so we will ship the VM with the latest version, specially the blocker described in the previous report:
** Web server issues after the update fixed #65 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/65

Vagrant / VirtualBox

* Lachaln joined the team for a few weeks to help us with some issues related with VirtualBox and Vagrant (provisioning/deployment).

* Some issues fixed by the team in this area has been:
** Import of box fails if vagrant instance already running #71 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/71
** Write script to create the supporting files necessary to run the vm from the downloaded machine #50 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/50
** Import of box fails if vagrant instance already running #71 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/71
** Vagrant bring-up of VM slow or stalls #66 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/66

ser2net and health check: connection between LAVA and the board

* Fixed integration script fixed #58 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/58

* Prior to Health Check, you must telnet into the BBB as root, then quit telnet without logging out. Fixed #28 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/28

* Different Shutdown Messages between sysvinit and systemd #73 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/73

Testing

We are starting to face the last stage which is running tests on the board. We are working on this issue:

* Integrate lava-ci tool into board-at-desk-single-dev VM #20 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/20

Decision to take

* We have been discussing which version of Vagrant/Virtualbox will we recommend to users.
** We had conflicting requirements between what Ben H. recommends, based on what is available in Debian, and what the rest of the team consider ideal in order to support other users.
** The discussion is being held in #34 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/34
** We will come to a conclusion during our next team meeting this coming Thursday May 4th.

OSSJ

We will work on demoing the VM at OSSJ
* High level overview of the work needed for the demo #70 https://gitlab.com/cip-project/testing/issues/70

* A new group label has been created in gitlab to take care about events/conferences related topics, like demos: event: https://gitlab.com/groups/cip-project/labels

++ Kernel maintenance

* cip-kernel-sec project created to keep track relevant CVEs across mainline and stable branches: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel-sec

* Keep reviewing features from kernel configs sent by members.

* Reviewing 4.4.60 changes before upgrading the CIP kernel.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: -rt for CIP kernel

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 28/04/17 08:22, Daniel Wagner wrote:
Hi,

I would like to announce that I am starting getting my hands dirty with
maintaining the -rt series for the CIP kernel. I've done a few things
with the -rt patch set in the past so I am not completely lost. Though I
haven't done any maintenance work so far.
This is very good news.

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...

8381 - 8400 of 8627