From: Daniel Sangorrin [mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:20 AM
To: Wes Huang (黃淵河); cip-dev@...
Subject: RE: [cip-dev] Kernel feature support

Dear Wes,

Could you use generate a defconfig from your .config to see the options that you have enabled or modified more clearly?

$ make savedefconfig
$ less defconfig

    From: Trung. Huynh [mailto:trung.huynh.uw@...]
    ..

    Please let me confirm just in case. Am I right if I say
    that you plan to you submit not only the kernel
    configuration flags but also test dependency definitions to
    cip core, and the
    corresponding yaml files for B@D?.
    If that's correct I will be glad to accept them.
    Yes, we would love to be apart in B@D with our contribution for who need to take our test suites as a testing plan.
    We do not promise this is to become excellent suites but we
    do our best to have a good things that somebody to think
    about at first
    OK, that's great!

    Regarding shmobile_defconfig, attachment shows up for you.
    Thanks, you only changed these flags right?
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=250000
    CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=4
    You're right, the cip-core I pulled down from global site
    without changing anything, it just be changed those flags and built under standalone of Linaro's cross compiler.
    I just realized that you might be using the wrong branch of cip-core. You should be using the "master" branch not the "jethro"
    one which was used and frozen for the cip-core release and the quickstart wiki page (the master branch depends on "morty").
    The jethro branch was using a non-official CIP kernel
    repository
    (https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip) but on the master
    branch we are using the official CIP kernel. For that reason,
    shmobile_defconfig on the main branch is different and some drivers have not been merged yet.
    Please could you check which branch you are using?
    Is v4.4.55-cip3 the "Jethro" one? Because I saw this is the build I was use.

    I have added your kernel configuration changes:
    https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/commit/c1efa63259098157
    31
    ab
    e0b
    69ec7e19e2e56aee7 Please let me know if that works for you.
    Anyway, let get back to master branch with flags from your suggestion, the issue seems get to worse than previous one:
    After uboot pull necessary packages on RAM up, it get stuck at:

    Starting kernel ...

    Nothing print out after this, so we didn't explore what occurring
    I also tried to test with v4.4.83-cip8 if any possibility to
    solve the problem but same things

    Could you show me how you built cip-core using Linaro's cross compiler?
    By the way, cip-core builds its own toolchain, are you using Linaro's to reduce build time?
    In circle development process, we build up our target packages by
    Yocto But for this cip-core testing with B@D, I'm using the compiler which to be installed via Ubuntu's repository:
    gcc version 4.8.4 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1)

[...]

    Re: Progress on the CIP kernel maintenance and testing for your ELC talk

    Zoran

    Added some recent testing comments to the #167

    Zoran

    On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Robert Marshall
    <robert.marshall@...> wrote:
    Zoran

    Hi!

    Zoran S <zoran.stojsavljevic.de@...> writes:

    Hello Robert,

    The initramfs I use (since I am just about to start talking on the
    YOCTO list why I am failing on ncurses-native-5.9 while building the
    iwg20d YOCTO /Jethro/Morty kas based build) is this one (the Busybox
    generic one):

    Creating an initramfs with BusyBox for the Beaglebone Black
    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipsystembuildhowto

    Everything else is true RT-4.4.120-rt13 (zImage and .dtb - both of
    them: the correct rt one, and the old one from ages ago (5 years ago
    generated for kernel 3.2)).
    Can you update the #167 ticket with the full settings that you're using
    - so device and device-type as well as the health check - or link them to
    pastebins and I'll take a look at it when I'm back on Wednesday

    Have a good weekend!

    Robert

    Zoran
    ______

    On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Robert Marshall
    <robert.marshall@...> wrote:
    Zoran,

    Zoran S <zoran.stojsavljevic.de@...> writes:

    Hello Chris,

    And so li'll I have requested (namely this: console=ttySC0)! It does the magic... It works, man! Works with:
    uname -a
    Linux 192.168.15.189 4.4.120-cip20-rt13-dirty #2 SMP Tue Mar 13 15:21:30 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

    Within one day I set the whole iwg2x device type and iwg20m device forU-Boot and Lava V2:
    vagrant@stretch:~$ dpkg -l lava-server lava-dispatcher
    ||/ Name Version Architecture Description
    +++-=======================-================-================-===================================================

    ii lava-dispatcher 2018.2.post2-1+s amd64 Linaro Automated Validation Architecture dispatcher
    ii lava-server 2018.2-1+stretch all Linaro Automated Validation Architecture server
    vagrant@stretch:~$

    And I missed the one very small step for me, but very big for my Alter Ego Confidence... ;-)

    And, yes, I did NOT try it with U-Boot, I went straight to VBox VM, to Lava 2018.2 and set all the ingredients (3 of them) in the iwg2x device
    type definition, namely in iwg2x.jinja2:

    {% set console_device = console_device|default('ttySC0') %}
    {% set baud_rate = baud_rate|default(115200) %}
    {% set device_type = "iwg2x" %}
    {% set bootm_kernel_addr = '0x40007fc0' %}
    {% set bootm_ramdisk_addr = '0x41000000' %}
    {% set bootm_dtb_addr = '0x40f00000' %}
    {% set bootm_low = '0x41e00000' %}
    {% set bootm_size = '0x1000000' %}

    It works (with difficulties) with the natively generated r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dtb'.

    Filename '149/tftp-deploy-rkMXw2/dtb/r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dtb'.
    Load address: 0x40f00000
    3.9 KiB/s
    done
    Bytes transferred = 24725 (6095 hex)
    Image Name:
    Image Type: ARM Linux RAMDisk Image (uncompressed)
    Data Size: 5861271 Bytes = 5.6 MiB
    Load Address: 00000000
    Entry Point: 00000000
    ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 40f00000
    Booting using the fdt blob at 0x40f00000
    Using Device Tree in place at 40f00000, end 40f09094
    Unable to update property <NULL>:mac-address, err=FDT_ERR_BADPATH
    Unable to update property <NULL>:local-mac-address, err=FDT_ERR_BADPATH
    Unable to update property /iwg20m_q7_common:vin2-ov5640, err=FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
    Starting kernel ...

    Wow! Now, I am for last few days (few hours per day) trying (very unsuccessfully, sorry) to set Daniel's Sangorrin's: kas build
    kas-iwg20m.yml in my Vbox Fedora 24 generated environment, since I desperately need TRUE initramfs in order to make iwg20m rt-tests
    with cyclic (hackbench assisting in there)!

    Here is the log of the native Lava shell test commands (the most important is uname -a):
    https://pastebin.com/LKfJs4mn

    Here is the iwg20m smoking test log:
    https://pastebin.com/PWy4xWpG

    I guess, Robert/Agustin Benito, we should close CIP testing issue #167, shouldn't we? ;-)
    Let me see if I can replicate your success first. Thanks to both for the
    pointers!

    Robert

    Have all nice weekend!
    Zoran
    _______

    On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Chris Paterson <Chris.Paterson2@...> wrote:

    Hello Zoran,

    Sorry for the slow response.

    Could you try setting the following in u-boot?

    setenv bootm_low '0x41e00000'

    setenv bootm_size '0x1000000'

    Looking at https://pastebin.com/AjRdTZKx, line 268, you are setting:

    setenv bootargs 'console=ttyO0,115200n8 root=/dev/ram0 ip=dhcp';

    I’m guessing the console should be set to ttySC0.

    If you still see no output from the Kernel, have you tried enabling low-level debugging?

    CONFIG_DEBUG_LL, CONFIG_DEBUG_RCAR_GEN2_SCIF0, CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK

    Kind regards, Chris

    Re: B@D: iwg20m support

    Tram Quynh Thi. Nguyen <tram.nguyen.xw@...>

    Hi Daniel,

    I got it. Thank you for your information.
    Our SDK information: "cortexa15hf"

    Best regards,
    Tram Nguyen