Date   

Invitation to Safety-Critical Linux Technical Workshop (was: Safety-Critical Linux & Invitation to Project Management Meeting)

Lukas Bulwahn <Lukas.Bulwahn@...>
 

Dear all,

As announced on Sunday, people interested in Safety-Critical Linux from the project management perspective are already invited to the SIL2LinuxMP project meeting on November 8th. If you are interested to understand the technical activities that we already started and would like to continue to pursue (hopefully in collaboration with the CIP project), I would also like to invite the CIP members and all your friends to our next technical hands-on workshop. We will provide those guests access to the presentations shown and the artefacts & documents that are needed for their activity during the workshop.

This offer is going to be limited to a single workshop. For participation in any further follow-up activities, we really want to have you officially join the Safety-Critical Working Group.

The technical hands-on workshop will take place:

Date: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017 to Thursday, December 7th, 2017
Location: BMW Car IT GmbH, Moosacher Straße 86, 80809 Munich, Germany

For accommodation, here are three hotels very close to our offices (about 50-100 meters):

- Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich, https://www.leonardo-hotels.com/leonardo-royal-hotel-munich, Moosacher Straße 90, 80809 Munich, Germany
- Hotel Adagio access München City Olympiapark, http://www.adagio-city.com/gb/hotel-9274-adagio-access-munich-city-olympiapark-dec-2014/index.shtml, Am Oberwiesenfeld 20, 80809 Munich, Germany
- Hotel ibis budget München City Olympiapark, http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-8726-ibis-budget-muenchen-city-olympiapark/index.shtml, Am Oberwiesenfeld 22, 80809 Munich, Germany

Here is a further pointer how to reach us by car and public transportation:
http://www.bmw-carit.com/downloads/Anfahrtsplan_Car_IT_en.pdf

The workshop will have a short general assembly with an introduction for new collaborators, and then we will again split into working groups and the groups will start working on the selected topics.

Currently, we foresee these to continue and/or initialize on the most interesting selection of the following topics:

- Static Analysis of Linux Kernel: Combining Coccinelle and Patch Impact Tester
- Symbolic Execution with KLEE and S2E (http://s2e.epfl.ch)
- Linux Test Project and openPOSIX test suite
- Root Cause Analysis of Kernel Bugs
- Software Layer of Protection Analysis
- Linux Driver Verification (if Alexey Khoroshilov can join the workshop)

We do not expect to have many more talks on the different topics, but we will rather work on the different topics, produce some initial/intermediate results (learning-by-doing), and exchange our findings in short presentations.


Best regards,

Lukas


Re: cip-dev Digest, Vol 17, Issue 22

Binh Thanh. Nguyen <binh.nguyen.uw@...>
 

Hello Daniel,

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of cip-dev-request@...
project.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:00 PM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: cip-dev Digest, Vol 17, Issue 22

Send cip-dev mailing list submissions to
cip-dev@...

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
cip-dev-request@...

You can reach the person managing the list at
cip-dev-owner@...

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re:
Contents of cip-dev digest..."


Today's Topics:

1. Re: Status of cip-core (Daniel Sangorrin)
2. B@D demos (Robert Marshall)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:17:17 +0900
From: "Daniel Sangorrin" <daniel.sangorrin@...>
To: "'Chris Paterson'" <Chris.Paterson2@...>,
<cip-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Status of cip-core
Message-ID: <004001d34c87$5c8fcbe0$15af63a0$@toshiba.co.jp>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Hello Chris,

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Paterson [mailto:Chris.Paterson2@...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:23 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; cip-dev@...; 'Jan Kiszka'
Subject: RE: [cip-dev] Status of cip-core

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

- modules.tgz is not generated for iwg20m (for bbb it is): I have to
investigate why but I think it is not a big problem since they are
included in the file system images. Probably the reason is just that
shmobile_defconfig has modules disabled.
Correct :)
I have noticed that the shmobile_defconfig from the official linux-cip repo is
quite different from the one at https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip.

Previously I tested the official kernel using a ramdisk and it was successful so I
didn't notice the difference. But today I've tried to boot the official kernel
with the SD Card file system and it didn't work.

One problem was that EXT3/4 wasn't enabled. I decided to use renesas-cip's
shmobile_defconfig to build the official linux-cip kernel. However, I got a build
error because https://gitlab.com/cip-project/linux-cip/blob/linux-4.4.y-
cip/drivers/usb/host/xhci-rcar.c
references a firmware called "r8a779x_usb3_v1.dlmem" which wasn't
available on the official kernel. I could solve that either by copying the
firmware from renesas-cip or by commenting out the corresponding
configuration flags.

I managed to build the official kernel but still I couldn't get it to boot from the
SD Card.
# By the way, I noticed that the mmc numbering also changed (mmcblk0p2
was working on renesas-cip kernel as the 2nd partition of the SD Card, but for
the official kernel that was a partition on the eMMC and the kernel could not
recognize mmcblk2p2).

I wonder if this problem comes from the device tree. On the renesas-cip
repository there was a r8a7743-iwgm.dts file that worked fine, but on the
official repository the one with the closest name was r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dts.
This one worked fine when I boot from a ramdisk but not when I boot from
the SD Card.
We are still working on upstream work on mainline and backport work on official cip-kernel.
So, I think the official repo not work now for Renesas board.


Should I use renesas-cip kernel again?
I noticed that the new versions are been merged. I was using renesas-cip's
v4.4.69-cip4 but I can see a newer branch called v4.4.83-cip8
The version 4.4.83-cip8 is not working now, we detected some issues and still working on it.
The older versions work OK, please use them.


Thanks,
Daniel




------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:09:26 +0100
From: Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
To: cip dev <cip-dev@...>
Subject: [cip-dev] B@D demos
Message-ID: <8760b55b6x.fsf@...>
Content-Type: text/plain

Morning!

I shall be running Board at Desk demos with the beaglebone black board this
afternoon at the CIP stand at ELCE between 15:00 and 16:30.

Hope to see you there!

Robert


------------------------------

_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


End of cip-dev Digest, Vol 17, Issue 22
***************************************
Best regards,
Binh Nguyen


B@D demos

Robert Marshall <robert.marshall@...>
 

Morning!

I shall be running Board at Desk demos with the beaglebone black board
this afternoon at the CIP stand at ELCE between 15:00 and 16:30.

Hope to see you there!

Robert


Re: Status of cip-core

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Hello Chris,

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Paterson [mailto:Chris.Paterson2@...]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:23 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; cip-dev@...; 'Jan Kiszka'
Subject: RE: [cip-dev] Status of cip-core

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

- modules.tgz is not generated for iwg20m (for bbb it is): I have to investigate
why but I think it is not a big problem since they are included in the file
system images. Probably the reason is just that shmobile_defconfig has
modules disabled.
Correct :)
I have noticed that the shmobile_defconfig from the official linux-cip repo
is quite different from the one at https://github.com/renesas-rz/renesas-cip.

Previously I tested the official kernel using a ramdisk and it was successful so
I didn't notice the difference. But today I've tried to boot the official kernel
with the SD Card file system and it didn't work.

One problem was that EXT3/4 wasn't enabled. I decided to use renesas-cip's
shmobile_defconfig to build the official linux-cip kernel. However, I got a build
error because
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/linux-cip/blob/linux-4.4.y-cip/drivers/usb/host/xhci-rcar.c
references a firmware called "r8a779x_usb3_v1.dlmem" which wasn't available
on the official kernel. I could solve that either by copying the firmware from renesas-cip
or by commenting out the corresponding configuration flags.

I managed to build the official kernel but still I couldn't get it to boot from the SD Card.
# By the way, I noticed that the mmc numbering also changed (mmcblk0p2 was working
on renesas-cip kernel as the 2nd partition of the SD Card, but for the official kernel that
was a partition on the eMMC and the kernel could not recognize mmcblk2p2).

I wonder if this problem comes from the device tree. On the renesas-cip repository
there was a r8a7743-iwgm.dts file that worked fine, but on the official repository
the one with the closest name was r8a7743-iwg20d-q7.dts. This one worked fine
when I boot from a ramdisk but not when I boot from the SD Card.

Should I use renesas-cip kernel again?
I noticed that the new versions are been merged. I was using renesas-cip's v4.4.69-cip4
but I can see a newer branch called v4.4.83-cip8

Thanks,
Daniel


[CIP News] CIP announces CIP Core Today

Maemalynn Meanor <maemalynn@...>
 

All: 

Today, CIP announced CIP Core,  a ​reference ​minimal file system ​that offers a customizable environment that developers can use to test the CIP kernel and core packages. You can view the announcement here

We ask that you please share this news with your social networks. Please see below for a few suggested tweets for both the news release and blog post. 

You can retweet us here: 

.@CIP_Project announces the release of CIP Core for #testing CIP #linux kernels and core packages: http://bit.ly/2hYn3u6 #lfelc

If you want to learn more about the newly launched CIP Core, check out @CIP_Project’s latest blog post: http://bit.ly/2zJstRI

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks,
Maemalynn


Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager 
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn






Re: Status of cip-core

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

- modules.tgz is not generated for iwg20m (for bbb it is): I have to investigate
why but I think it is not a big problem since they are included in the file
system images. Probably the reason is just that shmobile_defconfig has
modules disabled.
Correct :)

Kind regards, Chris


Status of cip-core

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Hi all,

I have updated the cip-core quickstart instructions:
Ref: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cip-core-quickstart

I have checked that they work for iwg20m and bbb. They should work for qemu and
cyclonev as well, but building targets takes a long time so I couldn't finish it today.

Additionally, I have upgraded cip-core to morty and KAS files to 0.13.0.
# now jethro (legacy) files are on their own branch, and morty (next release) is on the master branch

You can test the morty version as follows:
host$ git clone https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core.git
host$ docker run -v $PWD/cip-core:/cip-core -e USER_ID=`id -u $USER` -e http_proxy=$http_proxy -e https_proxy=$https_proxy -e NO_PROXY="$no_proxy" -it kasproject/kas:0.13.0 sh
docker$ cd /cip-core/deby/poky/
docker$ kas build --target core-image-minimal meta-cip-iwg20m/kas-iwg20m.yml
[Alt] kas build --target core-image-minimal meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml

Current issues:
- KAS is using a single the same "build" folder for all targets, and this causes conflicts.
Until I figure out how to specify the name of the build folder, please delete the build/tmp
folder before building each target.
Jan: what is KAS_WORK_DIR in http://kas.readthedocs.io/en/latest/userguide.html#environment-variables?
- modules.tgz is not generated for iwg20m (for bbb it is): I have to investigate why but I think
it is not a big problem since they are included in the file system images. Probably the reason
is just that shmobile_defconfig has modules disabled.
- B@D: there are some slight changes needed so I will send an updated version of the patches.

Cheers,
Daniel


Safety-Critical Linux & Invitation to Project Management Meeting

Lukas Bulwahn <Lukas.Bulwahn@...>
 

Dear all,

As electronic follow-up to the today's CIP meeting, here a bit more information. I only sketched the presentation that I will give on Tuesday at ELCE and the slides can be found here:

https://osseu17.sched.com/event/ByYv/is-linux-kernel-development-good-enough-to-make-your-life-depend-on-it-progress-on-procedures-methods-to-qualify-the-linux-kernel-development-process-lukas-bulwahn-bmw-car-it-gmbh

I hereby invite everyone to our project management meeting; you are free to distribute this invitation to any other company that is interested in Safety-Critical Linux. There is a technical hands-on workshop on December 5th to 7th, where we will apply and investigate further quality assurance activities. I will clarify with the current members if we accept to invite interested people to this workshop on a single free-trial-basis. Once this is clarified, I will let you know and invite you this meeting as well.

The SIL2LinuxMP Safety-Critical Linux project management meeting is planned on:

Date: Wednesday, November 8th, 2017 9:00 to 17:00
Location: BMW Car IT GmbH, Moosacher Straße 86, 80809 Munich, Germany

Please write me an email if you are interested to join.

If needed, we can setup an online meeting for remote participation. Please contact me for the online meeting so that I can send you the online meeting information.

The currently planned agenda roughly is:

Continuation of Safety Critical Linux activities in a third phase
- Third phase of SIL2LinuxMP project
- Letter of Intent
- Current Interest for continuation by existing members
- Current Interest of new members
- Goals, Activities and Risks for third phase of SIL2LinuxMP project
- Dissemination of Safety Critical Linux in 2018:
Possible organisation of new members and working groups, Dissemination of project results
- Decision on Hardware Selection

Please prepare a set of questions that are important for you to be answered for the continuation or joining as new member. If you can send them to me beforehand, I can send you the answers if it is already decided and available. Furthermore, I can consolidate the open questions for the meeting and already collect possible answers on them or provide a set on possible alternatives to be discussed.

Nevertheless, we do not expect to have much time for detailed technical discussions (e.g., discussion on hardware options). Hence, if there is need to clarify some technical questions, we can set up some online meetings until November 8th, 2017. In that case, please also let me know which technical questions in the project are unclear to you.

Best regards,


Lukas


B@D 101 training session cancelled

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Dear CIP friends,

I have some dab news. The B@D 101 training session has been cancelled.

Codethink was not able to tackle the training session after the release on Wednesday with the minimum level of quality that such activity requires.

I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences to those of you who planned to come.

Robert Marshall and I will be at ELCE. Feel free to to ping us so we can show you the latest B@D v1.0 working with the default set up. Please remember that my colleague Robert Marshall will do a couple of demos at the CIP booth of B@....

Best Regards

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: CIP press mention: Renesas press release

Chris Paterson
 

Hello Agustin, all,

From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Sent: 18 October 2017 12:10

Hi,

mention on the press:

http://linuxgizmos.com/renesas-taps-new-10-year-slts-kernel-from-the-
civil-infrastructure-platform/
Thank you for sharing this article. It provides a good high level summary of the release made this week.

Katayama-san and I will be more than happy to discuss the Renesas RZ/G Linux Platform with CIP community at ELC-E next week, if anyone has any questions.

Kind regards, Chris


Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,
TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:29 PM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] Fwd: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

I am abroad too.
kas-bbb.yml does not point CIP kernel.
Deby uses the CIP kernel by default so there is no need to specify the repository used.
Having said that, I can make it more explicit for clarity.

Thanks,
Daniel



Takuo


iPhoneから送信

2017/10/19 14:13、小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@... <mailto:takuo.koguchi.sw@...> > のメッセ
ージ:



Daniel,

Moved to cip-dev. Thanks, Jan.

I have confirmed I am using kas 0.13 which I got by docker pull.

meta-cip-common and etc. lack layer.conf. We need to add them.

Maybe because of slow network connection, git clone fails for github.com <http://github.com> . I did clone them manually,
and can start bitbake now.

Takuo



差出人: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@... <mailto:takuo.koguchi.sw@...> >
日時: 2017年10月19日 11:46:40 GMT+2
宛先: 'Daniel Sangorrin' <daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >
Cc: "'cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> '" <cip-board@...
<mailto:cip-board@...> >, 'Laura Kempke' <lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >,
'Agustin Benito Bethencourt' <agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >
件名: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release



Daniel,

I continue by changing 0.9 to 0.10.
Then the next error of meta-cip-bbb/conf/layer.conf is missing.

Takuo Koguchi



-----Original Message-----


From: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO


Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:43 AM


To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@... <mailto:takuo.koguchi.sw@...>
; Daniel Sangorrin

<daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


Cc: cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> ; Laura Kempke


<lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >; Agustin Benito Bethencourt


<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >


Subject: RE: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Daniel,





I have got the following message when kas build; Am I wrong somewhere?





2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR - Config file validation Error:


'0.9' is not valid under any of the given schemas





Failed validating 'oneOf' in


schema['properties']['header']['properties']['version']:


{'oneOf': [{'enum': ['0.10'], 'type': 'string'}, {'type': 'integer'}]}





On instance['header']['version']:


'0.9'


2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR - Errors occured while validating the config


file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml


Traceback (most recent call last):


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 159, in main


sys.exit(kas(sys.argv[1:]))


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 146, in kas


if plugin().run(args):


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/build.py", line 75, in run


cfg = Config(args.config, args.target, args.task)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/config.py", line 67, in


__init__


self.handler.get_config(repos=repo_paths)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


263, in get_config


configs, missing_repos = _internal_include_handler(self.top_file)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


179, in _internal_include_handler


current_config = load_config(filename)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


77, in load_config


'config file %s', filename)


kas.includehandler.LoadConfigException: Errors occured while validating the


config file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml








Takuo Koguchi





-----Original Message-----


From: cip-board-bounces@... <mailto:cip-board-bounces@...>


[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 /


KOGUCHI,TAKUO


Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:05 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


Cc: cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> ; Laura Kempke


<lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >; Agustin Benito
Bethencourt


<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >


Subject: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News


Release





Hi Daniel,





The method you described in the doc is really working as it is?





After


host$ docker pull kasproject/kas


In my case


docker run failed. I have to replace "kas sh" to "kasproject/kas".





And after that


docker$ kas build


failed at the very beginning.





Is not something wrong?





Takuo











2017/10/18 12:23、Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...
<mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


のメッセ


ージ:





Hi Maemalynn,





I have prepared the attached document for the blog. It shows more


technical


details that the press release. I hope that works for you.


Could you review it and convert it to the format required by the blog?





Thanks,


Daniel








-----Original Message-----


From: cip-board-bounces@... <mailto:cip-board-bounces@...
project.org>


[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of


Daniel Sangorrin


Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:04 AM


To: 'Maemalynn Meanor'; 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt';


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


Cc: 'Laura Kempke'


Subject: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News


Release





Hi Maemalynn





-----Original Message-----


From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]


Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:04 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher


Subject: Re: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Hi Daniel: I took at look at the GitLab page. We can certainly


turn some of that content into a blog post but would still need a


little


more


descriptions. Ideally, we could use the overview paragraph and


then explain what some of the images are describing. Then we’ll


include a link


to the wiki or Gitlab page. Does that help? Do you think you can draft that?





Also, please note that this page still says Project X. We need to


update


all references to CIP Core.








OK, I will try to get it done by 17:00 Vietnam time.





Thanks,


Daniel











Hi Agustin: I added a description of your session. Please review


this and let me know if you approve. Once you approve, I’ll also


add this


description to the ELC Europe preview blog post.





ALL CIP Board Members: Please review the CIP Core news release.


All feedback


need to be sent by EOD Oct. 18.








https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7


uT


ta59egaed0I/edit





Thanks so much!


Mae





Maemalynn Meanor


PR Manager


The Linux Foundation


Maemalynn@... <mailto:Maemalynn@...>


<mailto:Maemalynn@...>


(602) 541-0356


Skype: Maemalynn




















On Oct 17, 2017, at 2:04 AM, Daniel Sangorrin


<daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...>


<mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


wrote:





Hi Maemalynn,











-----Original Message-----


From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]


Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:49 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> <mailto:cip-
board@...


project.org <http://project.org> >


Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher


Subject: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Hi All:





Below is the link to the CIP news release. This news


release features an overview for the CIP Core, B@D v1.0 and our activities


at ELC


Europe. We’re planning on announcing it on Monday, Oct. 23


Prague


time.














Thanks, I have checked the link and I think it summarizes quite


well what's


being released.











The CIP Core details featured in the release came from the


questionnaire that Daniel and team filled out. CIP Core is really technical,


however, the news release needs to be a simple overview


that anyone reading it can understand. Knowing this, I’d like to suggest


a


technical blog post that can go along with this announcement.


We can plan on also posting it on the CIP blog on Monday. Daniel - is this


something you can help do? I’m happy to help edit it, we


would just


need you to draft the technical portion.











I created a Wiki web page that explain the technical details.


It is


currently here, but I have to move it to the official repo:





https://gitlab.com/cip-playground/project-x/wikis/Introduction-to-


th


e-CIP-Project-X





Do you think it could be used for the blog post?





Thanks,


Daniel

















https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7


uT


ta59egaed0I/edit?usp=sharing





A few other notes:


- As the chair of the TSC, we included a quote for Yoshi.


This is a typical practice for LF news releases - we usually quote


the


executive


director of the project or the TSC chair.


- The information for B@D came directly from Agustin’s blog


post that


goes live on Wed.





Please review the benefits and details for the CIP Core and


provide your details or suggestions. Please remember - it needs to be


simple language - the technical details can be featured in


the blog


post.





Please provide all comments and changes by EOD Wednesday, Oct. 18.





Thanks for your help!


Maemalynn





Maemalynn Meanor


PR Manager


The Linux Foundation


Maemalynn@... <mailto:Maemalynn@...>


<mailto:Maemalynn@...>


(602) 541-0356


Skype: Maemalynn






































_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


<CIP Core project release v1.docx>


_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@... <mailto:cip-dev@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Takuo Koguchi
 

Daniel,

I am abroad too.
kas-bbb.yml does not point CIP kernel.

Takuo


iPhoneから送信

2017/10/19 14:13、小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@...> のメッセージ:

Daniel,

Moved to cip-dev.  Thanks, Jan.

I have confirmed I am using kas 0.13 which I got by docker pull.

meta-cip-common and etc. lack layer.conf.  We need to add them.

Maybe because of slow network connection, git clone fails for github.com.  I did clone them manually, and can start bitbake now.

Takuo


差出人: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@...>
日時: 2017年10月19日 11:46:40 GMT+2
宛先: 'Daniel Sangorrin' <daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: "'cip-board@...'" <cip-board@...>, 'Laura Kempke' <lkempke@...>, 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt' <agustin.benito@...>
件名: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

I continue by changing 0.9 to 0.10.
Then the next error of meta-cip-bbb/conf/layer.conf is missing.

Takuo Koguchi

-----Original Message-----
From: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:43 AM
To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@...>; Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: cip-board@...; Laura Kempke
<lkempke@...>; Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...>
Subject: RE: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

I have got the following message when kas build; Am I wrong somewhere?

2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR    - Config file validation Error:
'0.9' is not valid under any of the given schemas

Failed validating 'oneOf' in
schema['properties']['header']['properties']['version']:
   {'oneOf': [{'enum': ['0.10'], 'type': 'string'}, {'type': 'integer'}]}

On instance['header']['version']:
   '0.9'
2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR    - Errors occured while validating the config
file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 159, in main
   sys.exit(kas(sys.argv[1:]))
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 146, in kas
   if plugin().run(args):
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/build.py", line 75, in run
   cfg = Config(args.config, args.target, args.task)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/config.py", line 67, in
__init__
   self.handler.get_config(repos=repo_paths)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
263, in get_config
   configs, missing_repos = _internal_include_handler(self.top_file)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
179, in _internal_include_handler
   current_config = load_config(filename)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
77, in load_config
   'config file %s', filename)
kas.includehandler.LoadConfigException: Errors occured while validating the
config file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml


Takuo Koguchi

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-board-bounces@...
[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 /
KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:05 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: cip-board@...; Laura Kempke
<lkempke@...>; Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...>
Subject: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News
Release

Hi Daniel,

The method you described in the doc is really working as it is?

After
host$ docker pull kasproject/kas
In my case
docker run failed.  I have to replace "kas sh" to "kasproject/kas".

And after that
docker$ kas build
failed at the very beginning.

Is not  something wrong?

Takuo



2017/10/18 12:23、Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
のメッセ
ージ:

Hi Maemalynn,

I have prepared the attached document for the blog. It shows more
technical
details that the press release. I hope that works for you.
Could you review it and convert it to the format required by the blog?

Thanks,
Daniel


-----Original Message-----
From: cip-board-bounces@...
[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of
Daniel Sangorrin
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:04 AM
To: 'Maemalynn Meanor'; 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt';
cip-board@...
Cc: 'Laura Kempke'
Subject: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News
Release

Hi Maemalynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:04 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;
cip-board@...
Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher
Subject: Re: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Hi Daniel: I took at look at the GitLab page. We can certainly
turn some of that content into a blog post but would still need a
little
more
descriptions. Ideally, we could use the overview paragraph and
then explain what some of the images are describing. Then we’ll
include a link
to the wiki or Gitlab page. Does that help? Do you think you can draft that?

Also, please note that this page still says Project X. We need to
update
all references to CIP Core.


OK, I will try to get it done by 17:00 Vietnam time.

Thanks,
Daniel



Hi Agustin: I added a description of your session. Please review
this and let me know if you approve. Once you approve, I’ll also
add this
description to the ELC Europe preview blog post.

ALL CIP Board Members: Please review the CIP Core news release.
All feedback
need to be sent by EOD Oct. 18.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7
uT
ta59egaed0I/edit

Thanks so much!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
<mailto:Maemalynn@...>
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn






  On Oct 17, 2017, at 2:04 AM, Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin@...
<mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >
wrote:

  Hi Maemalynn,



      -----Original Message-----
      From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:49 AM
      To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;
cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...-
project.org>
      Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher
      Subject: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

      Hi All:

      Below is the link to the CIP news release. This news
release features an overview for the CIP Core, B@D v1.0 and our activities
at ELC
      Europe. We’re planning on announcing it on Monday, Oct. 23
Prague
time.




  Thanks, I have checked the link and I think it summarizes quite
well what's
being released.



      The CIP Core details featured in the release came from the
questionnaire that Daniel and team filled out. CIP Core is really technical,
      however, the news release needs to be a simple overview
that anyone reading it can understand. Knowing this, I’d like to suggest
a
      technical blog post that can go along with this announcement.
We can plan on also posting it on the CIP blog on Monday. Daniel - is this
      something you can help do? I’m happy to help edit it, we
would just
need you to draft the technical portion.



  I created a Wiki web page that explain the technical details.
It is
currently here, but I have to move it to the official repo:

https://gitlab.com/cip-playground/project-x/wikis/Introduction-to-
th
e-CIP-Project-X

  Do you think it could be used for the blog post?

  Thanks,
  Daniel





https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7
uT
ta59egaed0I/edit?usp=sharing

      A few other notes:
      - As the chair of the TSC, we included a quote for Yoshi.
This is a typical practice for LF news releases - we usually quote
the
executive
      director of the project or the TSC chair.
      - The information for B@D came directly from Agustin’s blog
post that
goes live on Wed.

      Please review the benefits and details for the CIP Core and
provide your details or suggestions. Please remember - it needs to be
      simple language - the technical details can be featured in
the blog
post.

      Please provide all comments and changes by EOD Wednesday, Oct. 18.

      Thanks for your help!
      Maemalynn

      Maemalynn Meanor
      PR Manager
      The Linux Foundation
      Maemalynn@...
<mailto:Maemalynn@...>
      (602) 541-0356
      Skype: Maemalynn












_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
<CIP Core project release v1.docx>
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
 

Koguchi-san,

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-dev-bounces@... [mailto:cip-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,
TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:13 PM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: [cip-dev] Fwd: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

Moved to cip-dev. Thanks, Jan.

I have confirmed I am using kas 0.13 which I got by docker pull.
Thanks. By the way, I have upgraded the header version to 0.13 (without checking if something has changed...).
Could you check if that works?


meta-cip-common and etc. lack layer.conf. We need to add them.
Oops, it seems I removed to match when moving the repositories from gitlab to github. I have added them back.

Maybe because of slow network connection, git clone fails for github.com <http://github.com> . I did clone them manually, and can
start bitbake now.
If something fails let me know. Thanks a lot for the testing!!

Daniel


差出人: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@... <mailto:takuo.koguchi.sw@...> >
日時: 2017年10月19日 11:46:40 GMT+2
宛先: 'Daniel Sangorrin' <daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >
Cc: "'cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> '" <cip-board@... <mailto:cip-
board@...> >, 'Laura Kempke' <lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >, 'Agustin
Benito Bethencourt' <agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >
件名: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release



Daniel,

I continue by changing 0.9 to 0.10.
Then the next error of meta-cip-bbb/conf/layer.conf is missing.

Takuo Koguchi



-----Original Message-----


From: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO


Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:43 AM


To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@... <mailto:takuo.koguchi.sw@...> >; Daniel
Sangorrin


<daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


Cc: cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> ; Laura Kempke


<lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >; Agustin Benito Bethencourt


<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >


Subject: RE: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Daniel,





I have got the following message when kas build; Am I wrong somewhere?





2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR - Config file validation Error:


'0.9' is not valid under any of the given schemas





Failed validating 'oneOf' in


schema['properties']['header']['properties']['version']:


{'oneOf': [{'enum': ['0.10'], 'type': 'string'}, {'type': 'integer'}]}





On instance['header']['version']:


'0.9'


2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR - Errors occured while validating the config


file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml


Traceback (most recent call last):


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 159, in main


sys.exit(kas(sys.argv[1:]))


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 146, in kas


if plugin().run(args):


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/build.py", line 75, in run


cfg = Config(args.config, args.target, args.task)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/config.py", line 67, in


__init__


self.handler.get_config(repos=repo_paths)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


263, in get_config


configs, missing_repos = _internal_include_handler(self.top_file)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


179, in _internal_include_handler


current_config = load_config(filename)


File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line


77, in load_config


'config file %s', filename)


kas.includehandler.LoadConfigException: Errors occured while validating the


config file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml








Takuo Koguchi





-----Original Message-----


From: cip-board-bounces@... <mailto:cip-board-bounces@...>


[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 /


KOGUCHI,TAKUO


Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:05 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


Cc: cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> ; Laura Kempke


<lkempke@... <mailto:lkempke@...> >; Agustin Benito Bethencourt


<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...> >


Subject: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News


Release





Hi Daniel,





The method you described in the doc is really working as it is?





After


host$ docker pull kasproject/kas


In my case


docker run failed. I have to replace "kas sh" to "kasproject/kas".





And after that


docker$ kas build


failed at the very beginning.





Is not something wrong?





Takuo











2017/10/18 12:23、Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...>

のメッセ


ージ:





Hi Maemalynn,





I have prepared the attached document for the blog. It shows more


technical


details that the press release. I hope that works for you.


Could you review it and convert it to the format required by the blog?





Thanks,


Daniel








-----Original Message-----


From: cip-board-bounces@... <mailto:cip-board-bounces@...
project.org>


[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of


Daniel Sangorrin


Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:04 AM


To: 'Maemalynn Meanor'; 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt';


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


Cc: 'Laura Kempke'


Subject: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News


Release





Hi Maemalynn





-----Original Message-----


From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]


Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:04 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher


Subject: Re: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Hi Daniel: I took at look at the GitLab page. We can certainly


turn some of that content into a blog post but would still need a


little


more


descriptions. Ideally, we could use the overview paragraph and


then explain what some of the images are describing. Then we’ll


include a link


to the wiki or Gitlab page. Does that help? Do you think you can draft that?





Also, please note that this page still says Project X. We need to


update


all references to CIP Core.








OK, I will try to get it done by 17:00 Vietnam time.





Thanks,


Daniel











Hi Agustin: I added a description of your session. Please review


this and let me know if you approve. Once you approve, I’ll also


add this


description to the ELC Europe preview blog post.





ALL CIP Board Members: Please review the CIP Core news release.


All feedback


need to be sent by EOD Oct. 18.








https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7


uT


ta59egaed0I/edit





Thanks so much!


Mae





Maemalynn Meanor


PR Manager


The Linux Foundation


Maemalynn@... <mailto:Maemalynn@...>


<mailto:Maemalynn@...>


(602) 541-0356


Skype: Maemalynn




















On Oct 17, 2017, at 2:04 AM, Daniel Sangorrin


<daniel.sangorrin@... <mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...>


<mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >


wrote:





Hi Maemalynn,











-----Original Message-----


From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]


Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:49 AM


To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...> <mailto:cip-
board@...


project.org <http://project.org> >


Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher


Subject: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release





Hi All:





Below is the link to the CIP news release. This news


release features an overview for the CIP Core, B@D v1.0 and our activities


at ELC


Europe. We’re planning on announcing it on Monday, Oct. 23


Prague


time.














Thanks, I have checked the link and I think it summarizes quite


well what's


being released.











The CIP Core details featured in the release came from the


questionnaire that Daniel and team filled out. CIP Core is really technical,


however, the news release needs to be a simple overview


that anyone reading it can understand. Knowing this, I’d like to suggest


a


technical blog post that can go along with this announcement.


We can plan on also posting it on the CIP blog on Monday. Daniel - is this


something you can help do? I’m happy to help edit it, we


would just


need you to draft the technical portion.











I created a Wiki web page that explain the technical details.


It is


currently here, but I have to move it to the official repo:





https://gitlab.com/cip-playground/project-x/wikis/Introduction-to-


th


e-CIP-Project-X





Do you think it could be used for the blog post?





Thanks,


Daniel

















https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7


uT


ta59egaed0I/edit?usp=sharing





A few other notes:


- As the chair of the TSC, we included a quote for Yoshi.


This is a typical practice for LF news releases - we usually quote


the


executive


director of the project or the TSC chair.


- The information for B@D came directly from Agustin’s blog


post that


goes live on Wed.





Please review the benefits and details for the CIP Core and


provide your details or suggestions. Please remember - it needs to be


simple language - the technical details can be featured in


the blog


post.





Please provide all comments and changes by EOD Wednesday, Oct. 18.





Thanks for your help!


Maemalynn





Maemalynn Meanor


PR Manager


The Linux Foundation


Maemalynn@... <mailto:Maemalynn@...>


<mailto:Maemalynn@...>


(602) 541-0356


Skype: Maemalynn






































_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


<CIP Core project release v1.docx>


_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


_______________________________________________


cip-board mailing list


cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>


https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...>
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Takuo Koguchi
 

Daniel,

Moved to cip-dev.  Thanks, Jan.

I have confirmed I am using kas 0.13 which I got by docker pull.

meta-cip-common and etc. lack layer.conf.  We need to add them.

Maybe because of slow network connection, git clone fails for github.com.  I did clone them manually, and can start bitbake now.

Takuo


差出人: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@...>
日時: 2017年10月19日 11:46:40 GMT+2
宛先: 'Daniel Sangorrin' <daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: "'cip-board@...'" <cip-board@...>, 'Laura Kempke' <lkempke@...>, 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt' <agustin.benito@...>
件名: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

I continue by changing 0.9 to 0.10.
Then the next error of meta-cip-bbb/conf/layer.conf is missing.

Takuo Koguchi

-----Original Message-----
From: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:43 AM
To: 小口琢夫 / KOGUCHI,TAKUO <takuo.koguchi.sw@...>; Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: cip-board@...; Laura Kempke
<lkempke@...>; Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...>
Subject: RE: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Daniel,

I have got the following message when kas build; Am I wrong somewhere?

2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR    - Config file validation Error:
'0.9' is not valid under any of the given schemas

Failed validating 'oneOf' in
schema['properties']['header']['properties']['version']:
   {'oneOf': [{'enum': ['0.10'], 'type': 'string'}, {'type': 'integer'}]}

On instance['header']['version']:
   '0.9'
2017-10-19 08:43:35 - ERROR    - Errors occured while validating the config
file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 159, in main
   sys.exit(kas(sys.argv[1:]))
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/kas.py", line 146, in kas
   if plugin().run(args):
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/build.py", line 75, in run
   cfg = Config(args.config, args.target, args.task)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/config.py", line 67, in
__init__
   self.handler.get_config(repos=repo_paths)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
263, in get_config
   configs, missing_repos = _internal_include_handler(self.top_file)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
179, in _internal_include_handler
   current_config = load_config(filename)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kas/includehandler.py", line
77, in load_config
   'config file %s', filename)
kas.includehandler.LoadConfigException: Errors occured while validating the
config file %s: /cip-core/deby/poky/meta-cip-bbb/kas-bbb.yml


Takuo Koguchi

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-board-bounces@...
[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of 小口琢夫 /
KOGUCHI,TAKUO
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:05 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
Cc: cip-board@...; Laura Kempke
<lkempke@...>; Agustin Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@...>
Subject: [!]Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News
Release

Hi Daniel,

The method you described in the doc is really working as it is?

After
host$ docker pull kasproject/kas
In my case
docker run failed.  I have to replace "kas sh" to "kasproject/kas".

And after that
docker$ kas build
failed at the very beginning.

Is not  something wrong?

Takuo



2017/10/18 12:23、Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>
のメッセ
ージ:

Hi Maemalynn,

I have prepared the attached document for the blog. It shows more
technical
details that the press release. I hope that works for you.
Could you review it and convert it to the format required by the blog?

Thanks,
Daniel


-----Original Message-----
From: cip-board-bounces@...
[mailto:cip-board-bounces@...] On Behalf Of
Daniel Sangorrin
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:04 AM
To: 'Maemalynn Meanor'; 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt';
cip-board@...
Cc: 'Laura Kempke'
Subject: Re: [cip-board] Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News
Release

Hi Maemalynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:04 AM
To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;
cip-board@...
Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher
Subject: Re: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

Hi Daniel: I took at look at the GitLab page. We can certainly
turn some of that content into a blog post but would still need a
little
more
descriptions. Ideally, we could use the overview paragraph and
then explain what some of the images are describing. Then we’ll
include a link
to the wiki or Gitlab page. Does that help? Do you think you can draft that?

Also, please note that this page still says Project X. We need to
update
all references to CIP Core.


OK, I will try to get it done by 17:00 Vietnam time.

Thanks,
Daniel



Hi Agustin: I added a description of your session. Please review
this and let me know if you approve. Once you approve, I’ll also
add this
description to the ELC Europe preview blog post.

ALL CIP Board Members: Please review the CIP Core news release.
All feedback
need to be sent by EOD Oct. 18.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7
uT
ta59egaed0I/edit

Thanks so much!
Mae

Maemalynn Meanor
PR Manager
The Linux Foundation
Maemalynn@...
<mailto:Maemalynn@...>
(602) 541-0356
Skype: Maemalynn






  On Oct 17, 2017, at 2:04 AM, Daniel Sangorrin
<daniel.sangorrin@...
<mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...> >
wrote:

  Hi Maemalynn,



      -----Original Message-----
      From: Maemalynn Meanor [mailto:maemalynn@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:49 AM
      To: Daniel Sangorrin; Agustin Benito Bethencourt;
cip-board@... <mailto:cip-board@...-
project.org>
      Cc: Noriaki Fukuyasu; Laura Kempke; Annie Fisher
      Subject: Need feedback by Oct. 18: CIP Core News Release

      Hi All:

      Below is the link to the CIP news release. This news
release features an overview for the CIP Core, B@D v1.0 and our activities
at ELC
      Europe. We’re planning on announcing it on Monday, Oct. 23
Prague
time.




  Thanks, I have checked the link and I think it summarizes quite
well what's
being released.



      The CIP Core details featured in the release came from the
questionnaire that Daniel and team filled out. CIP Core is really technical,
      however, the news release needs to be a simple overview
that anyone reading it can understand. Knowing this, I’d like to suggest
a
      technical blog post that can go along with this announcement.
We can plan on also posting it on the CIP blog on Monday. Daniel - is this
      something you can help do? I’m happy to help edit it, we
would just
need you to draft the technical portion.



  I created a Wiki web page that explain the technical details.
It is
currently here, but I have to move it to the official repo:

https://gitlab.com/cip-playground/project-x/wikis/Introduction-to-
th
e-CIP-Project-X

  Do you think it could be used for the blog post?

  Thanks,
  Daniel





https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yCR-K7OBY9NAqfiGG8-4WOS_qQ-k7
uT
ta59egaed0I/edit?usp=sharing

      A few other notes:
      - As the chair of the TSC, we included a quote for Yoshi.
This is a typical practice for LF news releases - we usually quote
the
executive
      director of the project or the TSC chair.
      - The information for B@D came directly from Agustin’s blog
post that
goes live on Wed.

      Please review the benefits and details for the CIP Core and
provide your details or suggestions. Please remember - it needs to be
      simple language - the technical details can be featured in
the blog
post.

      Please provide all comments and changes by EOD Wednesday, Oct. 18.

      Thanks for your help!
      Maemalynn

      Maemalynn Meanor
      PR Manager
      The Linux Foundation
      Maemalynn@...
<mailto:Maemalynn@...>
      (602) 541-0356
      Skype: Maemalynn












_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
<CIP Core project release v1.docx>
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board
_______________________________________________
cip-board mailing list
cip-board@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-board


Re: [cip-members] CIP Workshop at ELCE: B@D 101 training session. Call for registration

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 19/10/17 07:45, Binh Thanh. Nguyen wrote:
Hello,

I hope it still has a slot for me.
* Name : Binh Nguyen
* Company : Renesas Design Vietnam
* Position/role : Developer
* Why you are interested on this workshop : we are working to make CIP B@D support Renesas board, It is helpful to do some practice with main developer behind B@D
* Are you coming with your own board or do you need one? I Renesas board, but unfortunately I cannot carry it on flight. So I will need a board.
I am currently in an event but as soon as I have a slot I will add you to the list in the wiki. See you on Sunday.


Best regards,
Binh Nguyen


-----Original Message-----
From: cip-members-bounces@... [mailto:cip-members-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:27 PM
To: cip-members@...
Subject: [cip-members] CIP Workshop at ELCE: B@D 101 training session. Call
for registration

Dear CIP friends,

ELCE is approaching and CIP will organise a Workshop on Sunday 22nd October
at the ELCE location. This is the day before the event starts.

++ B@D 101 training session

One of the main activities of that workshop is a Board At Desk (our CIP testing
environment) training session. We have called the activity "B@D
101 training".

There will have room for 10 participants and Robert Marshall will be the one
providing it. He is the main developer behind B@D.

You can find all the information in the CIP wiki[1], including the time and some
instructions.

I will send to this mailing list and will add to the wiki the room at the ELCE
venue where the workshop will take place.

++ What do I need to do to participate?

As described on the wiki, you will need to send to this mailing list a mail with
some basic information about yourself.

* Name
* Company
* Position/role
* Why you are interested on this workshop.
* Are you coming with your own board or do you need one?

Please keep in mind that you need to bring your laptop and a BeagleBone
Black. If you do not have such board, we will have 5 spare Renesas boards
(thanks Renesas).

This is why it will be important that you tell us if you are coming with your own
board or not. After sending the mail, I will add you to the wiki on first comes
first served basis.

Do not hesitate to ask any question through this mailing list or directly to me. I
will answer them as soon as possible.

I hope to see you there.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/ci
pwselce2017#b-d-101how-to-test-the-cip-kernel-using-b-d

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-members mailing list
cip-members@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-members

--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: [cip-members] CIP Workshop at ELCE: B@D 101 training session. Call for registration

Binh Thanh. Nguyen <binh.nguyen.uw@...>
 

Hello,

I hope it still has a slot for me.
* Name : Binh Nguyen
* Company : Renesas Design Vietnam
* Position/role : Developer
* Why you are interested on this workshop : we are working to make CIP B@D support Renesas board, It is helpful to do some practice with main developer behind B@D
* Are you coming with your own board or do you need one? I Renesas board, but unfortunately I cannot carry it on flight. So I will need a board.

Best regards,
Binh Nguyen

-----Original Message-----
From: cip-members-bounces@... [mailto:cip-members-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:27 PM
To: cip-members@...
Subject: [cip-members] CIP Workshop at ELCE: B@D 101 training session. Call
for registration

Dear CIP friends,

ELCE is approaching and CIP will organise a Workshop on Sunday 22nd October
at the ELCE location. This is the day before the event starts.

++ B@D 101 training session

One of the main activities of that workshop is a Board At Desk (our CIP testing
environment) training session. We have called the activity "B@D
101 training".

There will have room for 10 participants and Robert Marshall will be the one
providing it. He is the main developer behind B@D.

You can find all the information in the CIP wiki[1], including the time and some
instructions.

I will send to this mailing list and will add to the wiki the room at the ELCE
venue where the workshop will take place.

++ What do I need to do to participate?

As described on the wiki, you will need to send to this mailing list a mail with
some basic information about yourself.

* Name
* Company
* Position/role
* Why you are interested on this workshop.
* Are you coming with your own board or do you need one?

Please keep in mind that you need to bring your laptop and a BeagleBone
Black. If you do not have such board, we will have 5 spare Renesas boards
(thanks Renesas).

This is why it will be important that you tell us if you are coming with your own
board or not. After sending the mail, I will add you to the wiki on first comes
first served basis.

Do not hesitate to ask any question through this mailing list or directly to me. I
will answer them as soon as possible.

I hope to see you there.

[1]
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipconferences/ci
pwselce2017#b-d-101how-to-test-the-cip-kernel-using-b-d

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-members mailing list
cip-members@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-members


Re: New CIP releases: CIP kernel 4.4.92-cip11 and B@D v1.0

Annie Fisher <afisher@...>
 

Fantastic news!  Well done, team!!

Annie Fisher, MPA CSM
Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
Location & Time-zone: San Francisco, CA, PT
email: afisher@...


On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:24 AM, Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...> wrote:
Dear CIP friends,

CIP is happy to announce the release of a new CIP kernel (v4.4.92-cip11) together with a new version of the testing environment B@D v1.0

++ CIP kernel v4.4.92-cip11

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of a new version of the CIP Kernel, based on 4.4 LTS, labelled as v4.4.92-cip11.

Ben Hutchings, the CIP kernel maintainer, has merged changes from the stable 4.4.y branch up to v4.4.92. He has also added a few further fixes and tagged the result as v4.4.92-cip11[2].

The main changes since the last announced update are:

 * Many fixes from 4.4.y, including security fixes for:
  CVE-2017-9984 CVE-2017-9985 CVE-2017-11600 CVE-2017-12134
  CVE-2017-12153 CVE-2017-12154 CVE-2017-12192 CVE-2017-14051
  CVE-2017-14106 CVE-2017-14140 CVE-2017-14156 CVE-2017-14340
  CVE-2017-14489 CVE-2017-14991 CVE-2017-15537 CVE-2017-1000251
  CVE-2017-1000252
 * Fixes for some regressions Ben Hutchings found when reviewing the above changes.
 * Support for the Renesas RZ/G1M SoC and the iWave RZG1M Qseven SOM
 * Support for the Siemens IOT2040 board
 * Support for EFI capsules, including the variant used for the Intel Quark SoC

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/linux-cip

++ Board At Desk (B@D) v1.0

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of a new version of Board At Desk v1.0, a customised and easy to deploy instance of the kernelci.org[2] and LAVA[3] projects that should allow developers to test Linux kernels on boards connected to their own development machines using the tooling provided by one of the most successful Open Source testing projects.

Board at Desk (B@D) v1.0 is provided in two forms:
  * As a vagrant VM recipe.
  * As a VM image, widely called a "B@D box".

Please visit the CIP Testing project Download page[4] to download the latest Board At Desk (B@D v1.0).

Some of the most important new features shipped[5] with this B@D v1.0 are:
  * LAVA has been updated to 2017.7 version which will allow in the future significant improvements in the reporting area, among others.
  * B@D now works on Windows 10 as Host OS which increases the number of potential users, including engineers from several CIP Members..
  * B@D now works behind a webproxy which is a common use case among CIP Members.
  * initramfs is now built locally, increasing reliability and opening the door to use B@D in the future to test the CIP core system, not just the CIP Kernel.

In addition to the above, other features has been added and several bugs has been fixed, making Board at Desk more robust and reliable than before. Further information about this new Board At Desk (B@D v1.0) version can be found at the B@D Feature Page[5].

With this release, the CIP Testing Project covers a key milestone which is releasing a working testing tool to be used locally by kernel developers from any CIP Member. In the current strategy, the following key milestone refers to setting up the conditions and technical measures that would allow all those developers to share and analyse the test results at any point in time within a fully distributed environment. This version of B@D includes some initial steps towards achieving that goal.

Find more information about B@D v1.0 reading the web release announcement: https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/10/18/cip-launches-bd-v1-0

If you are interested in testing kernels using Board at Desk, meet the developers at the cip-dev mailing list[6]. If you find bugs in KernelCI or LAVAv2 themselves, please report them upstream. If you find them in the configuration or any of the previously described features, please report them in the CIP-testing bug tracker[7]. More general information about the CIP testing project can be found in the CIP wiki[8].

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://kernelci.org/
[3] https://validation.linaro.org/
[4] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload
[5] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevfeaturepage
[6] https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
[7] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards
[8] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...
_______________________________________________
cip-dev mailing list
cip-dev@...
https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev


New CIP releases: CIP kernel 4.4.92-cip11 and B@D v1.0

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Dear CIP friends,

CIP is happy to announce the release of a new CIP kernel (v4.4.92-cip11) together with a new version of the testing environment B@D v1.0

++ CIP kernel v4.4.92-cip11

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of a new version of the CIP Kernel, based on 4.4 LTS, labelled as v4.4.92-cip11.

Ben Hutchings, the CIP kernel maintainer, has merged changes from the stable 4.4.y branch up to v4.4.92. He has also added a few further fixes and tagged the result as v4.4.92-cip11[2].

The main changes since the last announced update are:

* Many fixes from 4.4.y, including security fixes for:
CVE-2017-9984 CVE-2017-9985 CVE-2017-11600 CVE-2017-12134
CVE-2017-12153 CVE-2017-12154 CVE-2017-12192 CVE-2017-14051
CVE-2017-14106 CVE-2017-14140 CVE-2017-14156 CVE-2017-14340
CVE-2017-14489 CVE-2017-14991 CVE-2017-15537 CVE-2017-1000251
CVE-2017-1000252
* Fixes for some regressions Ben Hutchings found when reviewing the above changes.
* Support for the Renesas RZ/G1M SoC and the iWave RZG1M Qseven SOM
* Support for the Siemens IOT2040 board
* Support for EFI capsules, including the variant used for the Intel Quark SoC

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/linux-cip

++ Board At Desk (B@D) v1.0

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of a new version of Board At Desk v1.0, a customised and easy to deploy instance of the kernelci.org[2] and LAVA[3] projects that should allow developers to test Linux kernels on boards connected to their own development machines using the tooling provided by one of the most successful Open Source testing projects.

Board at Desk (B@D) v1.0 is provided in two forms:
* As a vagrant VM recipe.
* As a VM image, widely called a "B@D box".

Please visit the CIP Testing project Download page[4] to download the latest Board At Desk (B@D v1.0).

Some of the most important new features shipped[5] with this B@D v1.0 are:
* LAVA has been updated to 2017.7 version which will allow in the future significant improvements in the reporting area, among others.
* B@D now works on Windows 10 as Host OS which increases the number of potential users, including engineers from several CIP Members..
* B@D now works behind a webproxy which is a common use case among CIP Members.
* initramfs is now built locally, increasing reliability and opening the door to use B@D in the future to test the CIP core system, not just the CIP Kernel.

In addition to the above, other features has been added and several bugs has been fixed, making Board at Desk more robust and reliable than before. Further information about this new Board At Desk (B@D v1.0) version can be found at the B@D Feature Page[5].

With this release, the CIP Testing Project covers a key milestone which is releasing a working testing tool to be used locally by kernel developers from any CIP Member. In the current strategy, the following key milestone refers to setting up the conditions and technical measures that would allow all those developers to share and analyse the test results at any point in time within a fully distributed environment. This version of B@D includes some initial steps towards achieving that goal.

Find more information about B@D v1.0 reading the web release announcement: https://www.cip-project.org/blog/2017/10/18/cip-launches-bd-v1-0

If you are interested in testing kernels using Board at Desk, meet the developers at the cip-dev mailing list[6]. If you find bugs in KernelCI or LAVAv2 themselves, please report them upstream. If you find them in the configuration or any of the previously described features, please report them in the CIP-testing bug tracker[7]. More general information about the CIP testing project can be found in the CIP wiki[8].

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://kernelci.org/
[3] https://validation.linaro.org/
[4] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload
[5] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptestingboardatdesksingledevfeaturepage

[6] https://lists.cip-project.org/mailman/listinfo/cip-dev
[7] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/boards
[8] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


CIP press mention: Renesas press release

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

mention on the press:

http://linuxgizmos.com/renesas-taps-new-10-year-slts-kernel-from-the-civil-infrastructure-platform/

Best regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...


Re: Wiki for Project X

Agustin Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>
 

Hi,

On 18/10/17 09:39, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:


-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Sangorrin [mailto:daniel.sangorrin@...]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:38 PM
To: 'Agustin Benito Bethencourt'
Cc: 'cip-dev@...'
Subject: RE: Wiki for Project X

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Agustin Benito Bethencourt [mailto:agustin.benito@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 10:28 PM
To: Daniel Sangorrin
Cc: cip-dev@...
Subject: Wiki for Project X

Hi Daniel,

once you want to release Project-X, besides moving the gitlab project
away from cip-playground, remember that you need to move the content to
the CIP wiki. We are not using the gitlab wiki in order to keep the
content in a central place.

You can tell gitlab to use an external wiki URL (specific page) in the
settings section of your project so the wiki tab, when clicked, will
point to the CIP wiki.

The current content won't be erased but it won't be reachable unless you
disable the external link option back again.

Feel free to ask you you have any question about it.
Thanks, I have moved the repository and the wiki page.
By the way, I upload by mistake one image into the civilinfrastructureplatform:cip-core namespace
but I didn't know how to delete it.
I do not have permissions to erase media nor wiki pages either.


-upload
+uploaded


Regards,
Daniel



--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink
agustin.benito@...

9501 - 9520 of 10158