Increase of visibility of the work done in Gitlab: proposal

Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@...>

Hi,

in order to increase the visibility of the work done in Gitlab I suggest one of these two actions:

* Create a mailing list for development notifications where we can send the notifications of the commits made in gitlab, including the diffs.

* Send the notifications to this mailing list and let users filter them.

I do not expect heavy traffic as long as we do not include Ben's repo.

In the same line, I suggest to do the same with IRC, expecting limited traffic.

Agustín Benito Bethencourt

Principal Consultant

Codethink Ltd

Jeff ErnstFriedman <jernstfriedman@...>

Agustin,

Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io. We would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower the effort to create and maintain lists.

I leverage Groups.io with other LF projects and find it a better experience. It is my understanding we can migrate all the existing content to Groups.io for a one-time fee.

Please let me know if there is any interest in me exploring further.

Jeff ErnstFriedman
2201 Broadway #604, Oakland, CA 94612
mobile: 510.593.1367
skype: jeffrey.ernstfriedman
twitter: @namdeirf

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Agustín Benito Bethencourt <agustin.benito@....uk> wrote:

Hi,

in order to increase the visibility of the work done in Gitlab I suggest one of these two actions:

* Create a mailing list for development notifications where we can send the notifications of the commits made in gitlab, including the diffs.

* Send the notifications to this mailing list and let users filter them.

I do not expect heavy traffic as long as we do not include Ben's repo.

In the same line, I suggest to do the same with IRC, expecting limited traffic.

Agustín Benito Bethencourt

Principal Consultant

Codethink Ltd

Daniel Wagner <wagi@...>

Hi Jeff,

Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the
project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io.
We would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower
the effort to create and maintain lists.
Is there a way to get an archive extracted from the groups.io platform?

Daniel

Jeff ErnstFriedman <jernstfriedman@...>

Daniel,

I would need to see if there are any caveats, but in the FAQ here are the instructions to get an archive extract: https://groups.io/static/help#how-can-i-download-my-member-list-and-message-archive, so it seems a straight forward process to me.

Jeff ErnstFriedman
2201 Broadway #604, Oakland, CA 94612
mobile: 510.593.1367
skype: jeffrey.ernstfriedman
twitter: @namdeirf

Hi Jeff,

On 01.03.2018 18:05, Jeff ErnstFriedman wrote:
I would need to see if there are any caveats, but in the FAQ here are
the instructions to get an archive
extract: https://groups.io/static/help#how-can-i-download-my-member-list-and-message-archive,
so it seems a straight forward process to me.
Ah, though this seems only available for the admin of the list.

Jan Kiszka

On 2018-02-28 01:57, Jeff ErnstFriedman wrote:
Agustin,

Following up on this thread, I would like to raise the option of the
project moving from a Mailman mailing list (currently use) to Group.io.
We would see about a 50% savings over the course of the year and lower
the effort to create and maintain lists.
Maybe we should discuss the numbers at board level.

I leverage Groups.io with other LF projects and find it a better
experience. It is my understanding we can migrate all the existing
content to Groups.io for a one-time fee.
Seems like a an interesting project, but it's a one-man show, and I
would be careful with relying on it at that point.

Jan

Please let me know if there is any interest in me exploring further.

/Jeff ErnstFriedman/
/jernstfriedman@...
<mailto:jernstfriedman@...> /
/2201 Broadway #604, Oakland, CA 94612//
/
/mobile: 510.593.1367 <tel:(510)%20593-1367>/
/skype: jeffrey.ernstfriedman/
/twitter: @namdeirf/

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Agustín Benito Bethencourt
<agustin.benito@... <mailto:agustin.benito@...>>

__