CIP IRC weekly meeting today


masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp <masashi.kudo@...>
 

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=4&day=16&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37&p5=241&p6=248

USWest USEast UK DE TW JP
02:00 05:00 10:00 11:00 17:00 18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2020/04/cip.2020-04-09-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
2-1. Workflow for identifying important fixes, backporting, and reviewing them
2-2. Prepare the tools to be used for this workflow
2-3. Get practice in backporting patches
3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
4. Identify target boards and configs for RT kernel testing (4.4rt and 4.19rt) - masashi910
5. Clarify the requirement about system-backup - Yoshida-san

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* CIP Security
* AOB

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.


punit1.agrawal@...
 

Hi Kudo-san,

I won't be able to attend the meeting today. Some updates below -

"masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp" <masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp> writes:

[...]

* CIP Core
- Discussion around projected EOL for CIP core support on cip-dev. Based
on the comments in the TSC I will update the proposal to YYYY-MM
format.
- Daniel to take over CIP Core activities going forward

Thanks,
Punit

[...]


masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp <masashi.kudo@...>
 

Hi, Punit-san,

Thanks for letting me know the status. See you next week!

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo

-----Original Message-----
From: Punit Agrawal <punit1.agrawal@toshiba.co.jp>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 4:22 PM
To: 工藤 雅司(CTJ OSS事業推進室) <masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp>
Cc: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org; Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] CIP IRC weekly meeting today

Hi Kudo-san,

I won't be able to attend the meeting today. Some updates below -

"masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp" <masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp> writes:

[...]

* CIP Core
- Discussion around projected EOL for CIP core support on cip-dev. Based
on the comments in the TSC I will update the proposal to YYYY-MM
format.
- Daniel to take over CIP Core activities going forward

Thanks,
Punit

[...]


Chris Paterson
 

Hello Kudo-san,

Please accept my apologies for today's meeting as I am on leave this week.

No major updates to report from the testing working group.

Kind regards, Chris


From: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...> on behalf of masashi.kudo@... via lists.cip-project.org <masashi.kudo=cybertrust.co.jp@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:02:49 AM
To: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...>
Subject: [cip-dev] CIP IRC weekly meeting today
 
Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=4&day=16&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37&p5=241&p6=248

USWest  USEast  UK      DE      TW      JP
02:00   05:00   10:00   11:00   17:00   18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2020/04/cip.2020-04-09-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
 2-1. Workflow for identifying important fixes, backporting, and reviewing them
 2-2. Prepare the tools to be used for this workflow
 2-3. Get practice in backporting patches
3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
4. Identify target boards and configs for RT kernel testing (4.4rt and 4.19rt) - masashi910
5. Clarify the requirement about system-backup - Yoshida-san

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* CIP Security
* AOB

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.


masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp <masashi.kudo@...>
 

Hi, Chris-san,

 

Sure, please rest at ease, and stay safe. See you next week.

 

Best regards,

--

M. Kudo

 

From: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...> On Behalf Of Chris Paterson
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:16 PM
To: cip-dev@...
Subject: Re: [cip-dev] CIP IRC weekly meeting today

 

Hello Kudo-san,

Please accept my apologies for today's meeting as I am on leave this week.

No major updates to report from the testing working group.

Kind regards, Chris


From: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...> on behalf of masashi.kudo@... via lists.cip-project.org <masashi.kudo=cybertrust.co.jp@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:02:49 AM
To: cip-dev@... <cip-dev@...>
Subject: [cip-dev] CIP IRC weekly meeting today

 

Hi all,

Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.

*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=4&day=16&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=179&p3=136&p4=37&p5=241&p6=248

USWest  USEast  UK      DE      TW      JP
02:00   05:00   10:00   11:00   17:00   18:00

Channel:
* irc:chat.freenode.net:6667/cip

Last meeting minutes:
https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2020/04/cip.2020-04-09-09.00.log.html

Agenda:

* Action item
1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
 2-1. Workflow for identifying important fixes, backporting, and reviewing them
 2-2. Prepare the tools to be used for this workflow
 2-3. Get practice in backporting patches
3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
4. Identify target boards and configs for RT kernel testing (4.4rt and 4.19rt) - masashi910
5. Clarify the requirement about system-backup - Yoshida-san

* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* CIP Core
* Software update
* CIP Security
* AOB

The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.

Best regards,
--
M. Kudo
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.