Working on HTTPS connection

mab@...

Hello!

I've written applications + drivers for u-boot, have worked on SSL (albeit for Amazon FreeRTOS), and have HW handy to hit the ground running (I have a DE1-SoC).

Is there any update on this task that should I be aware of?

Looking forward to contributing to this project!

--
Mohammed A Billoo
Founder

--
Mohammed Billoo
MAB Labs, LLC

masashi.kudo@cybertrust.co.jp <masashi.kudo@...>

Hi, Mohammed-san,

Thanks very much for watching the talk, and welcome to cip-dev!

Regarding SW Update WG, the followings are the their wiki pages.

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/start#cip_software_updates

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cip-sw-updates

Also, SW Update WG reports the latest status at IRC meetings which start at UTC (GMT) 09:00 every Thursday. Notifications of the meetings are sent 6-9 hours before the meetings.

Hope it helps.

M. Kudo

I've written applications + drivers for u-boot, have worked on SSL (albeit for Amazon FreeRTOS), and have HW handy to hit the ground running (I have a DE1-SoC).

Is there any update on this task that should I be aware of?

Looking forward to contributing to this project!

--

Mohammed A Billoo

Founder

MAB Labs, LLC

201-338-2022

--
Mohammed Billoo
MAB Labs, LLC
www.mab-labs.com

Akihiro Suzuki

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you very much for your offer!

I’m Akihiro Suzuki, a chair of SW Updates WG.

Currently, we are using BeagleBone Black (BBB) for developing our initial software update mechanism.

Of course we plan to port it to other reference hardware, but it is not done at the moment.

So, could you prepare BBB for the development?

Even if you can’t prepare it, you may work on the task you are interested in because it is not a hardware-specific.

The task aims to connect between client (SWUpdate) and server (hawkBit) via HTTPS.

Best regards,

Suzuki

I've written applications + drivers for u-boot, have worked on SSL (albeit for Amazon FreeRTOS), and have HW handy to hit the ground running (I have a DE1-SoC).

Is there any update on this task that should I be aware of?

Looking forward to contributing to this project!

--

Mohammed A Billoo

Founder

MAB Labs, LLC

201-338-2022

--
Mohammed Billoo
MAB Labs, LLC
www.mab-labs.com

Mohammed Billoo <mab@...>

Suzuki, M. Kudo:

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll order the BBB, and start navigating the codebase until it arrives. I will try my best to make the meetings on Thursday, but it may be difficult since I'm in NYC and it will be 5AM. Is it OK if I post updates to the IRC channel when I'm up in the morning (in case I can't make it to the meeting) ?

Best,
Mohammed

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:40 AM <akihiro27.suzuki@...> wrote:

[...]

No worries. Meeting minutes will be produced at every meeting.

So, you can check them out to see what is going on afterwards.

FYI, last meeting minutes are the following:

https://irclogs.baserock.org/meetings/cip/2020/06/cip.2020-06-25-09.00.log.html

[...]

Quirin Gylstorff

On 6/29/20 6:57 PM, Mohammed Billoo wrote:
Hello!
I've written applications + drivers for u-boot, have worked on SSL (albeit for Amazon FreeRTOS), and have HW handy to hit the ground running (I have a DE1-SoC).
Is there any update on this task that should I be aware of?
Hi,

if you add the following elements to the swupdate build config. HTTPS works more or less. I did not test it in all configurations, only for a short demo. And some of the options may not be necessary.

CONFIG_CURL=y
CONFIG_CURL_SSL=y
CONFIG_SSL_IMPL_OPENSSL=y
CONFIG_DOWNLOAD=y
CONFIG_DOWNLOAD_SSL=y
CONFIG_CHANNEL_CURL=y
CONFIG_CHANNEL_CURL_SSL=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_STATE_CHOICE_NONE=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_HAWKBIT=y
CONFIG_SURICATTA_SSL=y
CONFIG_HASH_VERIFY=y
CONFIG_JSON=y

Quirin

Looking forward to contributing to this project!
--
Mohammed A Billoo
Founder
MAB Labs, LLC
www.mab-labs.com <http://www.mab-labs.com>
201-338-2022
--
Mohammed Billoo
MAB Labs, LLC

Akihiro Suzuki

Hi Quirin,

Thank you for the information.
I've added the information to the following issue.
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/8

Thanks,
Suzuki

On 6/29/20 6:57 PM, Mohammed Billoo wrote:
Hello!

I joined the mailing list from the recommendation on the IRC channel
(after viewing the CIP talk at ELC). I'd like to work on the following