[isar-cip-core] remove remaining configs from isar-cip-core

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>

Hi Jan,

This patch just removes the already unused defconfigs from isar-cip-core

[isar-cip-core] kernel: remove configs that are already in

I didn't know what to do with bbb_defconfig because it does not seem to
be used at all by isar-cip-core (maybe it is in a rather obscure way).
However, that should also be removed and use cip_bbb_defconfig.

Quirin Gylstorff

On 8/4/20 6:47 AM, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Hi Jan,
This patch just removes the already unused defconfigs from isar-cip-core
[isar-cip-core] kernel: remove configs that are already in
I didn't know what to do with bbb_defconfig because it does not seem to
be used at all by isar-cip-core (maybe it is in a rather obscure way).
However, that should also be removed and use cip_bbb_defconfig.

In https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/tree/cip-sw-updates/swupdate bbb is used as demo system.

Quirin

Daniel Sangorrin <daniel.sangorrin@...>

Hi Quirin,

On 8/4/20 6:47 AM, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
Hi Jan,

This patch just removes the already unused defconfigs from
isar-cip-core

[isar-cip-core] kernel: remove configs that are already in

I didn't know what to do with bbb_defconfig because it does not seem
to be used at all by isar-cip-core (maybe it is in a rather obscure way).
However, that should also be removed and use cip_bbb_defconfig.

In
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/isar-cip-core/-/tree/cip-sw-updates/swupdate
bbb is used as demo system.
Thanks, I guess I was confused because there were no KERNEL_DEFCONFIG definitions.
But it seems that linux-cip-common.inc sets up one by default if you dont specify it
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG ?= "${MACHINE}_defconfig"

I see quite a few differences between
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config.git's cip-kernel-config/4.19.y-cip/arm/cip_bbb_defconfig
and isar-cip-core's bbb_defconfig.

Could you try using cip_bbb_defconfig and see if you need some extra configuration for software updates to work?

Quirin Gylstorff

Sure, i will look into it. You get a Patch if something is missing.

Quirin