CIP IRC weekly meeting today
Chen-Yu Tsai (Moxa) <wens@...>
On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 8:57 AM email@example.com
I might not make it. Here's this week's update:
Five new CVEs:
- CVE-2019-0145, CVE-2019-0147, CVE-2019-0148 [net/i40e] - Fixed for
mainline and 4.19+
- This is enabled in Siemens x86 configs for both 4.4 and 4.19
and we should probably backport them.
- CVE-2020-25643 [hdlc_ppp] - Fixed in all current stable kernels
- CVE-2020-26541 [UEFI secure boot] - Fix posted but hasn't landed
I also reviewed some patches from Daniel for cip-kernel-sec on the mailing list.
* Kernel testing
Hi Kudo-san,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Sorry, I can not participate IRC meeting today.
-----Original Message-----No update.
2. Check whether CVE-2020-25284 needs to be backported to 4.4-rtI reviewed 4.4.y-rc.
* Kernel testingBest regards,
Hi Kudo-san and all,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I'll be absent today.
And, I'll report here as an alternative to attendance.
Both minor updates were once reported, but since they are protracted, I will summarize again here.
There is no major update this week.
1. Gap assessment for the development process (IEC 62443-4-1):
The report from the certification body, whether development process for OSS meets to the IEC 62443-4-1 standard, is delayed.
But, perhaps we can get it the end of this week.
And then, we'll plan to share the documents on the development process that reflects the feedback from the report.
2. Gap assessment for security features of security packages we suggested (IEC 62443-4-2):
We started review security features of security packages we suggested to add as CIP core packages.
The completion date is scheduled by the end of December.
After this, we'll continue to proceed our suggestion, now it's pended.
Kindly be reminded to attend the weekly meeting through IRC to discuss technical topics with CIP kernel today.
*Please note that the IRC meeting was rescheduled to UTC (GMT) 09:00 starting from the first week of Apr. according to TSC meeting*
USWest USEast UK DE TW JP
02:00 05:00 10:00 11:00 17:00 18:00
Last meeting minutes:
* Action item
1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
2. Check whether CVE-2020-25284 needs to be backported to 4.4-rt
-> Delete rbd ( Ceph block device ) from 4.4-rt x86 config - iwamatsu
-> Done, so will be closed today.
* Kernel maintenance updates
* Kernel testing
* Software update
* CIP Security
The meeting will take 30 min, although it can be extended to an hour if it makes sense and those involved in the topics can stay. Otherwise, the topic will be taken offline or in the next meeting.
Cybertrust Japan Co., Ltd.