[cip-dev] Report weeks 48, 49 and 50

Agustín Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 15:39:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

although last week I provided an update to the TSC and the main outcome was
published this past Wednesday, let me summarise the last three weeks of work
very briefly:

* Patches sent to CIP-dev mailing list in previous weeks reviewed. Not those
from week 50.

* CIP kernel version 4.4.105-cip15 released. Highlights:
** Updated spi-pxa2xx driver to support the IOT2000 platform
** Disable verbose loging in the wireless regulatory code
** Merge fixes from stable versions 4.4.99-4.4.105 inclusive
** Revert a change made in 4.4-stable to the x86 EFI calling code that would
cause regressions

* Kernel maintenance wiki page improved, including a Kernel patch review
howto.
** Next step is for CIP Members to assign kernel developers so Ben H. send
them patches to review and guide them.
** Feedback is welcome. Please take a look: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/
civilinfrastructureplatform/cipkernelmaintenance

* Ben H. and myself will be on vacation the rest of the month. Robert will be
around a few more days.

Talk to you all next year!

Agustín Benito Bethencourt
Principal Consultant