[cip-dev] Board at desk - Single dev. beta release: KernelCI + LAVAv2 on your machine to test kernels

Agustin Benito Bethencourt agustin.benito at codethink.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 18:51:19 UTC 2017

Dear CIP friends,

The Civil Infrastructure Platform project[1], a Linux Foundation
Initiative, is happy to announce the publication of a customised and
easy to deploy instance of the KernelCI + LAVAv2 projects as a vagrant
VM image/recipe, containing the tools and configurations used and
developed by the kernelci project, the biggest collaborative testing effort.

This VM is configured so any developer can deploy it in her machine and
test a specific kernel on a board physically connected to it.

Please visit the Download page[2] if you are interested in using
kernelci on your own machine. To learn more about the current release
please visit the feature page[3].

Goal of this effort

kernelci.org[4] is designed as a "open collaborative service", mostly
used by the Linux Kernel community. At CIP, we believe this effort we
now publish under beta state will help:

a.- To create a first step towards "trusted testing" within CIP for
every member and the CIP kernel maintainer.

b.- To extend and simplify the current use case satisfied by
kernelci.org, focusing on those embedded developers that have direct
access to boards, by reducing the deployment, configuration and
maintenance costs.

c.- To severely increase the number of developers and organizations
willing to participate in kernelci.org by providing a simple mechanism
to evaluate the technologies involved and to test Linux kernels.

The final release date will depend on the feedback received. Check the
roadmap[5] for further details. CIP is a community project so we welcome
contributions[6] to this effort.

Download kernelci Board @desk - Single dev[2]

[1] https://www.cip-project.org/
[2] https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipdownload