[cip-dev] MDS and other speculation issues

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at codethink.co.uk
Wed May 15 11:33:30 UTC 2019

As with the earlier speculation vulnerabilities, I don't believe that
MDS should be a particularly severe issue for CIP-based systems.

Nevertheless, I have prepared a backport of the mitigations for MDS
(and some changes to the mitigations for other speculation issues) for
4.4.  This was included in 4.4.180-rc1, which is out for review now.  I
did not have the chance to test this thoroughly, so review and testing
are needed.

Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                         Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street
                                     Manchester, M1 2HF, United Kingdom